Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Aaaand it's still not fixed! *sigh*

Do you know this frustration when you report a bug over and over and over again and it is still not fixed? Exactly this is the frustration i right now have on the PTR. For me it's that the original pandaren starting zones last quest, go to anduin with your pandaren is not possible because anduin is no longer there (and they still didn't managed to phase it so that it won't break when the alliance leader changed for the 289010th time). Bug report seems something like: ah yes, it exist, but only to make you think you can do something and posting it into the forums.... yeah i play on EU, so posting it here is as effective as posting it there.

All in all it is so frustrating that such an obvious bug didn't get any attention and will probably goes live. And i will make sure that if this goes live as it is, i will definitively start an pandaren in the old starting zone just to create an ticket that turning the quest in is not possible just to delete the character afterwards, because hey, playing a pandaren ; but hey, i like to test things on the ptr and report bugs if i find one. And especially a gamebreaking bug like this that is still not fixed makes it so frustrating. (and no, it's not a feature, because you have no problem creating them on exile's reach )

I know it is only a grumble of me being angry that it's still not fixed, but i want to know if you also had something like this: this bug that you reported over and over and over again and was still not fixed or that took blizzard ages to fix and really made you hate the game or even the fact that it gets ignored again and again and again...

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess quoting your Signature as a response would be qualified as trolling?

Doesn't sound like a bug that has to be fixed asap. They will fix it before next patch goes live, don't worry.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can ditch the ranting and actually explain the bug in a manner that is coherent, I'll make a bug report topic on the US forums about it.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

If I remember correctly, the devs claim to be several builds ahead of PTR or Betas. If you report it and they fix it, it may be three or more iterations or builds before you see it.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    If you can ditch the ranting and actually explain the bug in a manner that is coherent, I'll make a bug report topic on the US forums about it.
    the final quest of the Pandaren neutral zone requires you to turn it in to Anduin but he isn't there on the PTR because he has been Anduin-napped

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    the final quest of the Pandaren neutral zone requires you to turn it in to Anduin but he isn't there on the PTR because he has been Anduin-napped
    Awesome, thanks.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    It's a phasing bug, and they're pretty common on the PTR and/or Beta builds - especially since it involves low-level content that's probably not considered critically important. Just submit the bug with as much technical detail as you can, and it will probably be addressed in one of the final passes to verify low-level content (e.g. the newly-added Exile's Reach and the like). This will come later on in the PTR process.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    and they still didn't managed to phase it so that it won't break when the alliance leader changed for the 289010th time
    The alliance leader has changed exactly once since MoP. Not even sure what you're getting at.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    The alliance leader has changed exactly once since MoP. Not even sure what you're getting at.
    I meaned it since vanilla. First Anduin and Bolwar, then Varian, then again anduin, now Turalyon... At least it's on parity with the Horde Warchief!

Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    Hey, sometimes even i let my inner Karen a bit loose; as long as you don't go full Karen, it's ok! Seriously, never go full Karen!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    It's a phasing bug, and they're pretty common on the PTR and/or Beta builds - especially since it involves low-level content that's probably not considered critically important. Just submit the bug with as much technical detail as you can, and it will probably be addressed in one of the final passes to verify low-level content (e.g. the newly-added Exile's Reach and the like). This will come later on in the PTR process.
    Yes, if there wasn't the issue that i reported it when the ptr went life, and we are now in a phase were the patch on the PTR shows Release!

7+ Year Old Account
    I meaned it since vanilla. First Anduin and Bolwar, then Varian, then again anduin, now Turalyon... At least it's on parity with the Horde Warchief!

Hey, sometimes even i let my inner Karen a bit loose; as long as you don't go full Karen, it's ok! Seriously, never go full Karen!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, if there wasn't the issue that i reported it when the ptr went life, and we are now in a phase were the patch on the PTR shows Release!
    idk if you know...
    but pandaria didnt come out in vanilla... it came out... in pandaria.

- - - Updated - - -

nah totally, dont worry, blizz is totally gunna release an easy to fix bug that makes you literally unable to play a race, yeah no totally gunna go live, lets rage all over the forums then congratulate our riot when blizz eventually fixes it.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I approve this bug if it prevents more pandas entering my world.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    idk if you know...
    but pandaria didnt come out in vanilla... it came out... in pandaria.
    That's true, still: when Legion came out, they broke the quest and it took them ages to fix it; now they broke it again and it's not even fixed, that's what's frustrating.

Stormwind Castle is one of the most heavily phased and interacted locations in the game; so when you remove any npc there, then you should at least see if all quests there are actually working or not.

And even if they fix the pandaren quest again, if they change the leader again when anduin comes back, turalyon goes bananas, the scarlet crusade take over the city or they finally make Baine the Leader of the alliance, this quest will break again. Because of this they should finally change the quest to be phased there too like every other, so that this will not happen again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by InfernalDark View Post
    I approve this bug if it prevents more pandas entering my world.
    Yeah, that is not the case: I also thought if it is an AFF (anti-furry-fix), but Pandaren like every other non allied race class is still not bugged on Exiles Reach, so it only affects the people who actually play the pandaren starting zone. Since Exiles Reach is the faster way to level up and new players goes automatically there, it will not prevent many new pandaren to show up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    nah totally, dont worry, blizz is totally gunna release an easy to fix bug that makes you literally unable to play a race, yeah no totally gunna go live, lets rage all over the forums then congratulate our riot when blizz eventually fixes it.
    That's not the case in Shadowlands: Exiles Reach is perfectly playable, creating a Pandaren and going there will not prevent you from playing it at all; so it will only matter for people who play the original starting zone. And since 99% (totally fact based numbers /s) of new Pandaren players plays Exiles reach (it's new, it's automatically the new player experience and most important since it is much faster than the pandaren starting zone (that does still not have even one piece of green loot as reward in the entire zone), it will only affect a handful of people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I'm also a bit confused - with the newly-added Exile's Reach will Pandaran players actually have their unique starting experience anymore? The only exemptions I see for Exile's Reach are Demon Hunters and Death Knights, who still have their starting experience, and Allied Races who automatically start the game at lvl. 10. Shouldn't the original Pandaren experience on the Wandering Isle no longer be in play?
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I'm also a bit confused - with the newly-added Exile's Reach will Pandaran players actually have their unique starting experience anymore? The only exemptions I see for Exile's Reach are Demon Hunters and Death Knights, who still have their starting experience, and Allied Races who automatically start the game at lvl. 10. Shouldn't the original Pandaren experience on the Wandering Isle no longer be in play?
    Nope, when you start a char and you have already one on Level 50, you can decide where you want to start after you created your char: Do you want to start on Exile's reach or the old starting zone; you see 2 options on the screen where you want to start. Even the side where you create your character does not matter at all: even if you create a pandaren on the alliance-side of the screen, you still are a neutral pandaren and after you played the starting zone, you can still join the alliance or horde as it was since MoP; so there was nothing changed at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    I love you!
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Nope, when you start a char and you have already one on Level 50, you can decide where you want to start after you created your char: Do you want to start on Exile's reach or the old starting zone; you see 2 options on the screen where you want to start. Even the side where you create your character does not matter at all: even if you create a pandaren on the alliance-side of the screen, you still are a neutral pandaren and after you played the starting zone, you can still join the alliance or horde as it was since MoP; so there was nothing changed at all.
    Interesting, I wasn't aware it gave you an option as I haven't made a Pandaren on the PTR - good to know, though.

Interesting, I wasn't aware it gave you an option as I haven't made a Pandaren on the PTR - good to know, though.
    It's actually the same for every race (except allied races): you can either start on exile's reach OR in the old starting zone
    Last edited by Velerios; 2020-09-24 at 07:49 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    you can choose to do either. new players are forced to exile reach though.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Doesn't sound like a bug that has to be fixed asap. They will fix it before next patch goes live, don't worry.
    They won't. There are soo many bugs that require unconventional measures (reloading does not help) that are in the game for years. If a bug is no in the current expansion, it won't get fixed.