Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ...
12
20
21
22
23
24
... LastLast
  1. #421
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
    There was a tweet that was put out only a few days ago which showed a beta tester opening their weekly chest after doing 15 M+ runs and getting 3 necks as their choices. So, at least as recently as then, you can still absolutely get duplicate choices in the chest. So it seems that it is Blizzard who are lying.

    If you can still get a choice of a slot which is 'filled', then that means that even a 5-6 month estimate may be off, as it would only take a couple of dupes to throw that completely out of whack.

    - - - Updated - - -



    You only get those 3 choices if you clear 10 +15s per week. You must also factor in the necessary clears to upgrade your key to that level. That is a lot of time spent doing nothing but M+.
    Yes, but why should a not "mythic equivalent difficulty" reward mythic ilvl pieces? You get rewarded appropriate to the difficulty of the content you do, which is how it always was prior titanforging. I don't see why a heroic raider runs around in 475 ilvl pieces right now. It literally makes zero sense.
    This change is also good for the r.io haters. Ilvl will again mean something.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    It seems so, yes. Back to raid or die.
    What? Raid or die is just incorrect. Mythic+ still has a huge impact on gearing, it is just slower, as it should be, because it takes less effort to organize.
    And besides that there is soooo much stuff to do outside the powergrind. There are four different story lines to experience, each comes with different side activities, like "build your abomination", pet battles, pvp, world quests, transmog and mount farming, a new leveling experience due to leveling squish, probably new allied races. And you can do all that, without sacrificing some potential power gain on your main.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsy View Post
    Idk man, WoD wasn't peak at all, I remember that expansion being hella "raid or die" and it ended up being a shit expac.
    Raid or die was true for wow, but how is it true for SL? There is so much stuff to do. I am sure that many of you people who complain about the system never actually experienced them. I would not have such a strong opinion without actually informing myself and not only watch a YT video with the title "LOL, wow bad, give subs plz xD".

  2. #422
    Orcboi NatePsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    VIC, Australia
    Posts
    5,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Yes, but why should a not "mythic equivalent difficulty" reward mythic ilvl pieces? You get rewarded appropriate to the difficulty of the content you do, which is how it always was prior titanforging. I don't see why a heroic raider runs around in 475 ilvl pieces right now. It literally makes zero sense.
    This change is also good for the r.io haters. Ilvl will again mean something.

    - - - Updated - - -



    What? Raid or die is just incorrect. Mythic+ still has a huge impact on gearing, it is just slower, as it should be, because it takes less effort to organize.
    And besides that there is soooo much stuff to do outside the powergrind. There are four different story lines to experience, each comes with different side activities, like "build your abomination", pet battles, pvp, world quests, transmog and mount farming, a new leveling experience due to leveling squish, probably new allied races. And you can do all that, without sacrificing some potential power gain on your main.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Raid or die was true for wow, but how is it true for SL? There is so much stuff to do. I am sure that many of you people who complain about the system never actually experienced them. I would not have such a strong opinion without actually informing myself and not only watch a YT video with the title "LOL, wow bad, give subs plz xD".
    I was pushing 20+ before I stopped playing so you can see that M+ was my content, raiding is great and all but I don't have time for a schedule, M+ fit people with that similar mindset

  3. #423
    Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    People are just blowing the M+ situation out of proportion for 3 ilvls. A lot of people have forgotten what raid or die was like, however the only thing they have in common is i am pretty sure the open world and Torghast will be practically useless a few weeks in which kind of sucks ass.
    You do realize that 3 ilvls is actually after the level AND item level squish do you?

    I think it's safe to compare that to 5 current item level when it comes to actual percentage difference unless blizz screw up balancing.
    Although we dont know stat weights yet.

    Another thing is that currently M+ dropped one tier higher rewards than heroic raids, in SL it will drop one tier lower rewards than heroic raids.
    So that is a massive nerf. Comparable to current 10 ilvls.

  4. #424
    Quote Originally Posted by Phryx View Post
    They made a huge and an unforgivable error and we must ensure that they don't even think of repeating this error.
    Oh boy you must have missed last 4 years of WoW where they made the same error several times and they still won't learn and try to re-invent the wheel for no reason.
    Then again the average consumer this days is used to receive constant "updates" on "free" games so they will complaint about the game beign stale after two weeks even if they didn't complete even the 1% of the content, so i understand Hazzikostas trying to make this shit happen. But it won't.

  5. #425
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Another thing is that currently M+ dropped one tier higher rewards than heroic raids, in SL it will drop one tier lower rewards than heroic raids.
    So that is a massive nerf. Comparable to current 10 ilvls.
    Except that's not true at all.

    In BFA, a M15+ dungeon drops heroic gear from end of run chest, and the weekly chest drops mythic level gear.

    in SL, a M15+ dungeon drops heroic-3ilvl gear from end of run chest, and the weekly chest drops mythic level gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    i find it hard to believe some random raid from BFA would draw in more players than the battleground patch in classic
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    FruitySalad boy, this is a fantastic thread and is really going places. I just want to make sure I'm on page one of what is bound to be a long lasting and productive thread. It's amazing there are no other threads discussing the squish, as I'm confident you would have just posted in them if they did exist.

  6. #426
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Except that's not true at all.

    In BFA, a M15+ dungeon drops heroic gear from end of run chest, and the weekly chest drops mythic level gear.

    in SL, a M15+ dungeon drops heroic-3ilvl gear from end of run chest, and the weekly chest drops mythic level gear.
    bfa m+ drops 465 gear, 5 ilvls higher than heroic.

  7. #427
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    bfa m+ drops 465 gear, 5 ilvls higher than heroic.
    Sure, but it's definitely not "a tier above", it's not dropping mythic gear in EoD chest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    i find it hard to believe some random raid from BFA would draw in more players than the battleground patch in classic
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    FruitySalad boy, this is a fantastic thread and is really going places. I just want to make sure I'm on page one of what is bound to be a long lasting and productive thread. It's amazing there are no other threads discussing the squish, as I'm confident you would have just posted in them if they did exist.

  8. #428
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Except that's not true at all.

    In BFA, a M15+ dungeon drops heroic gear from end of run chest, and the weekly chest drops mythic level gear.

    in SL, a M15+ dungeon drops heroic-3ilvl gear from end of run chest, and the weekly chest drops mythic level gear.
    LOL, as previous poster already said, you are wrong.

    To be precise (assuming item level scaling will be the same as level scaling)

    current heroic drops base power level of 0%
    current M15 drops base power level of 0.8%
    current mythic drops base power level of 1.4%

    SL max M+ will drop base power level of minus 0.8%
    SL heroic will drop base power level of 0%
    SL mythic will drop base power level of 1.4%

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Sure, but it's definitely not "a tier above", it's not dropping mythic gear in EoD chest.
    by tier I mean minimal difference of gear power levels which is 5ilvls now and 3 ilvls in SL, while still being the same when it comes to percentage of relative power level. Because of scaling, unless blizzard actually squished that too. In other words, SL 3ilvl should be about the same difference in power than current ~5-6ilvls.

  9. #429
    Current M+ rewards made heroic raiding completely irrelevant, and the repeatability of M+ made things worse, so something had to change.

    I like the SL system. People who only participate in M+ and nothing else will still get mythic-level gear through weekly chest and end dungeon -3 item ilvls is not as bad as some people make it to be.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

  10. #430
    Epic! Redroniksre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Cambridge, Ontario
    Posts
    1,674
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    You do realize that 3 ilvls is actually after the level AND item level squish do you?

    I think it's safe to compare that to 5 current item level when it comes to actual percentage difference unless blizz screw up balancing.
    Although we dont know stat weights yet.

    Another thing is that currently M+ dropped one tier higher rewards than heroic raids, in SL it will drop one tier lower rewards than heroic raids.
    So that is a massive nerf. Comparable to current 10 ilvls.
    Right, but it still doesnt kill M+ however it does slow down gearing and grant a big bonus to Heroic runners. Sure it sucks, but the devs have a bit of a raiding lean so its to be expected. You still get the weekly mythic piece so in the long run you will still be fine.

  11. #431
    finally m+ is where it should be ..

    before raiding

    raiding should always be the end stuff to do in game not a side even to m+

  12. #432
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsy View Post
    I was pushing 20+ before I stopped playing so you can see that M+ was my content, raiding is great and all but I don't have time for a schedule, M+ fit people with that similar mindset
    At m+ can be your content, it just has to have worse rewards than mythic raiding. Because the thing that is harder to organize, must have the best rewards, else very few will do it.

  13. #433
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    You do realize that 3 ilvls is actually after the level AND item level squish do you?

    I think it's safe to compare that to 5 current item level when it comes to actual percentage difference unless blizz screw up balancing.
    Although we dont know stat weights yet.

    Another thing is that currently M+ dropped one tier higher rewards than heroic raids, in SL it will drop one tier lower rewards than heroic raids.
    So that is a massive nerf. Comparable to current 10 ilvls.
    It's fine. Blizzard are making "end of dungeon" gear into stepping-stone gear. The main gearing will come from the weekly chest. Loot will just be much more scarce in SL in general in M+, Raiding and PvP. If people think that Raiding will still rain gear on people they are wrong. Loot will be scarce.

  14. #434
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    You do realize that 3 ilvls is actually after the level AND item level squish do you?

    I think it's safe to compare that to 5 current item level when it comes to actual percentage difference unless blizz screw up balancing.
    Although we dont know stat weights yet.

    Another thing is that currently M+ dropped one tier higher rewards than heroic raids, in SL it will drop one tier lower rewards than heroic raids.
    So that is a massive nerf. Comparable to current 10 ilvls.
    Really? Itemlevels on the beta are shown AFTER the level AND ilvl squish? Thanks for that info....

    It is a quite big hit, but raiding takes the most effort to organize and thus, takes the most effort to take part in, because you rely on a 20+ people team. If this is not the best source of loot, very few would do it. I just did raid heroic in BFA 8.3 and i only had m+ pieces equipped, which is stupid.

  15. #435
    Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Right, but it still doesnt kill M+ however it does slow down gearing and grant a big bonus to Heroic runners. Sure it sucks, but the devs have a bit of a raiding lean so its to be expected. You still get the weekly mythic piece so in the long run you will still be fine.
    And raids will drop much less loot too. It will be nowhere near the same quantity as BFA. Blizzard have said that the Weekly chest will be the main source of gearing for all players. Gear that drops from directly from raids, dungeons etc. should really be seen as bonus loot.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    by tier I mean minimal difference of gear power levels which is 5ilvls now and 3 ilvls in SL, while still being the same when it comes to percentage of relative power level. Because of scaling, unless blizzard actually squished that too. In other words, SL 3ilvl should be about the same difference in power than current ~5-6ilvls.
    I think this is very much speculation. Blizzard have said that they want to reduce the power inflation throughout the expansion. So they will most likely also squish the relative power gain per ilvl.

  16. #436
    Any M+ fan must understand that M+ will not die, it just won't be the one and only true god of gearing in WoW.

  17. #437
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    And raids will drop much less loot too. It will be nowhere near the same quantity as BFA. Blizzard have said that the Weekly chest will be the main source of gearing for all players. Gear that drops from directly from raids, dungeons etc. should really be seen as bonus loot.
    How can you be fine with that? It's supposed to be the other fucking way around.

    Imagine the only thing you get any sort reward for is just logging in on a wednesday morning. And everything else you actually do feels like pointless shit. Which idiot came up with this brilliant design?

    Killing bosses and completing dungeons should reward you with loot, not with an offering to the wednesday rng gods.

  18. #438
    Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    How can you be fine with that? It's supposed to be the other fucking way around.

    Imagine the only thing you get any sort reward for is just logging in on a wednesday morning. And everything else you actually do feels like pointless shit. Which idiot came up with this brilliant design?

    Killing bosses and completing dungeons should reward you with loot, not with an offering to the wednesday rng gods.
    I'm okay with it because your actions still matters. If you do alot of dungeons and raid bosses you will have 6 different choices in your weekly chest of some of the best gear in the entire game. That's a very good reward. Being almost guaranteed that you will get 1 piece of the best gear in the entire game every week is amazing. Especially when loot in general is scarce. People just need to work for it during the week. I think it's awesome that you are able to reduce RNG by putting in effort.

    And I maybe frased it a bit wrong before, because we still do get meaningful loot from doing dungeons and raids. Often it is just no the best loot in the game. And I'm fine with that. I think it's good that they reduce the quantity of gear drops in the game. People just need to get used to it.

  19. #439
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    I'm okay with it because your actions still matters. If you do alot of dungeons and raid bosses you will have 6 different choices in your weekly chest of some of the best gear in the entire game. That's a very good reward. Being almost guaranteed that you will get 1 piece of the best gear in the entire game every week is amazing.
    Your actions won't matter and there is nothing amazing about this. Slightly improved rng chance is not a good fucking reward.

    You should be rewarded for doing something difficult, not just for logging in the game on a wednesday. Weekly chests were fine when they were a side thing, but being your only loot source? This shit design won't last long. Or maybe it will, if they get enough gamblers hooked on chasing slightly improved odds. Lot of loot box addicted children out there I guess.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    because we still do get meaningful loot from doing dungeons
    No. Heroic raid gear is, and has always been, irrelevant. And gear that is even lower lvl than that is ... It's as meaningful as dungeon blues or leveling gear.

  20. #440
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsy View Post
    raiding is great and all but I don't have time for a schedule,
    so you agree that is harder, because it takes more organization and even scheduling more time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •