Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Everyone is freaking out about the change and the difference in gear from a 210 to 213 is 1 primary 2 stam and 1 secondary. If your top performance is nerfed by a combined 4 stats you got problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Raable View Post
    Everyone is freaking out about the change and the difference in gear from a 210 to 213 is 1 primary 2 stam and 1 secondary. If your top performance is nerfed by a combined 4 stats you got problems.
    Yea, a well itemized 210 piece is still going to be considerably better than a worse itemized 213 piece.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart
    * in male Tortollian voice *
    Hah! If raidlogging becomes possible again, I'll come back and will poke all my old buddies! At our age raidlogging is the only realistic option!

Seriously, my oldtimer "skilled casual" Mythic raidlogging guild imploded in Legion when people realized how much grinding was necessary to get CE in Nighthold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    It seems so, yes. Back to raid or die.
    This isn't what raid or die referred to at all. WoD was raid or die due to very little to do outside of raid that was relevant to your character at all for EVERY player. I see this more as an olive branch to mythic raiders after the insane grinds that were the neck, and to a somewhat lesser extent artifact weapons. Heroic raiders (and below) still have a whole host of relevant content outside of raid, but typically those players don't see it as absolutely mandatory.

It's also worth noting that the end of week +15 is on par with mythic ilvl (aside from the last 2 bosses), and will likely have some pretty nice pieces that mythic raiders will want, so wanting 3 chances at getting the one or 2 items you need isn't THAT far fetched.

Hnnnnnnng, of course they went ahead and crunched the M+ structure as soon as I don't have time to raid with the guild anymore.

Maybe I'll make it a clean break instead ;_;

You can always play alts. That is the idea. You can do more mythic+ to add chest options. You can PvP to add chest option.

I honestly like it better this way. I don't want to have to log in everyday to stay competitive for the raid.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-09-16 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    BC and Wrath were very raid or die, which is what I referring to
    Wotlk, yes, TBC, no.

You could progress pretty far in TBC without ever touching a raid, heroics were on par / superior to a lot of T4 items, Craftables sometimes lasted into T6.
    Not to mention all the badge stuff you could buy later on, which you could farm without doing raids.

And obviously PvP provided a decent alternative as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    honest question, please let's discuss this without hate.

from what i have heard and seen on the beta only renown (~1h/week) and Torghast (also ~1h per week) offer Character progression.

In addition to that we just learned that m+ gear will be before heroic raid gear.

this means that if you raid mythic, your are done with all your weekly stuff in 2-3h (depending if you choose to do 1 m+ for the cache).

ofc you could also do more m+ for more item selection, but this is very, very inefficient. still posdible tho.

i understand many people like this, because they are free to do other things ingame now. my personal problem here is, that I am actually only really interested in things that offer Character progression and those are now heavily timegated.

do i miss something? is there really nothing to do at max level besides the things I listed? would be a shame if this becomes a raidlogging expansion.
    What why? Do Mythic+ nothing else.
    Do PvP.
    Do raiding.
    Do old content...

heavens...
    A 15 Mythic is easier than heroic raiding. Why would it give you better loot?

If you are only interested in gear... still do mythic+. You won't be decked out in heroic gear in weak one.

There is exactly as much to do as before.
    If you only EVER go for the highets reward you have been only able to do mythic raiding and the weekly mythic+ in BfA too... so... no change there

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    Hnnnnnnng, of course they went ahead and crunched the M+ structure as soon as I don't have time to raid with the guild anymore.

Maybe I'll make it a clean break instead ;_;
    HOW IS IT DIFFERENT FROM NOW??????
    Like now if you spam it you get HEROIC ilvl gear. In SL you ll get ONLY 3 ilvls bellow.
    in BOTH SL and BfA you only get mythic raid gear lvl from the weekly chest.
    How did they ruin your precious structure? You ll be getting mythic gear from +15 just like before and you ll have even more choices now if you do more M+s

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    BC and Wrath were very raid or die, which is what I referring to
    It if it was BC style I'd go for it, when raids were just raids, not many levels of difference and group sizes.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Can't make everyone happy, this allows us to keep a few alts up to level easier.
    actualy, this will make gearing up alts harder as only way to do it will be raiding...

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    It if it was BC style I'd go for it, when raids were just raids, not many levels of difference and group sizes.
    Out of curiousity, what is wrong with variable raid sizes?

Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    It's also worth noting that the end of week +15 is on par with mythic ilvl (aside from the last 2 bosses), and will likely have some pretty nice pieces that mythic raiders will want, so wanting 3 chances at getting the one or 2 items you need isn't THAT far fetched.
    It's +14 for best chest in SL. Everyone seem to miss that info in the same news about 3 ilvl nerf.

15+ Year Old Account
    Top Tier Raiding should always be the top progression.
    It takes the most work. It takes a dedicated group working in unison.
    PvP is about solo performance and/or 2-3 man teams.
    Mythic+ 5 man teams
    Raiding non Mythic is so easy because of scaling.
    Mythic raiding is difficult because not only the raid difficulty but the Roster boss as well.
    Trying to get 20 solid people who can function as a single unit with same goals is challenging in itself.

Its about time Blizzard got something right. Mythic Raiding is the Top Tier Progression.. Period.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel of Riots View Post
    I can't wait until the SL = WoD comparisons starts dawning unto people. :P
    Okay, let's try.

WoD - Had M+? No.
    BFA - Will have M+? Yes.

Here, done. They're different expansions.

I think this is good, the problem with BFA had a huge problem where M+ not only rewarded the best ilevel, but also some of the best itemization. Which makes getting a good raid group together harder.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Let's fucking hope so. WoD was one of the best expansions ever made. Just log in, do awesome raids, log out. No bullshit extra work required. Time to go back.

I think you forgot something really important : conduit farming. I assume they dont all drop in raids
    And all the new stuff to get buffs like oils ect

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    Top Tier Raiding should always be the top progression.
    It takes the most work. It takes a dedicated group working in unison.
    PvP is about solo performance and/or 2-3 man teams.
    Mythic+ 5 man teams
    Raiding non Mythic is so easy because of scaling.
    Mythic raiding is difficult because not only the raid difficulty but the Roster boss as well.
    Trying to get 20 solid people who can function as a single unit with same goals is challenging in itself.

Its about time Blizzard got something right. Mythic Raiding is the Top Tier Progression.. Period.
    So Alterac Valley should give the best rewards because there's 40 man required going by your logic. It doesn't matter how hard it is, Mythic raiding is easier because it's 20 man instead of 40, right? I mean, you disregarded any difficulty in PvP and M+ because they have smaller groups, so I'm just applying your logic here.

Will you sign my petiton to Blizzard to make Alterac Valley reward gear equal to last two bosses of mythic tier raid?

Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    Find a game you do have time to play then? idk..

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard clearly wants people to actually progress through the raid difficulties / tiers.

Great change. 10/10

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe they are going to introduce more cosmetic rewards for higher keys!

This is the path they should have taken from the start of mythic+.

It hsould have been a viable way to obtain gear for Heroic / mythic raid.. Or on par with heroic raid..

and it should have offered cosmetics for higher difficulties achieved.
    I mean cosmetic rewards are not really motivating either. Mage tower was fine, but if no character progression of tied to it, it feels pointless.