Page 1 of 24
... LastLast

Mythic Raiding in SL = all other content not relevant?

honest question, please let's discuss this without hate.

from what i have heard and seen on the beta only renown (~1h/week) and Torghast (also ~1h per week) offer Character progression.

In addition to that we just learned that m+ gear will be before heroic raid gear.

this means that if you raid mythic, your are done with all your weekly stuff in 2-3h (depending if you choose to do 1 m+ for the cache).

ofc you could also do more m+ for more item selection, but this is very, very inefficient. still posdible tho.

i understand many people like this, because they are free to do other things ingame now. my personal problem here is, that I am actually only really interested in things that offer Character progression and those are now heavily timegated.

do i miss something? is there really nothing to do at max level besides the things I listed? would be a shame if this becomes a raidlogging expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Mythic Raiding in SL = all other content not relevant?
    It seems so, yes. Back to raid or die.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny, they sat there touting that it was alternative content to raiding but then went ahead and made the ilvl shit. I was fine with one piece per run but this change seems excessive, especially if it's gear before Heroic, at a 15+ mind you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post

So when the game was at its peak then
    Idk man, WoD wasn't peak at all, I remember that expansion being hella "raid or die" and it ended up being a shit expac.

I think it is good to go back to only high level pvp and raiding offering the best rewards. That, or the requirement for mythic+ has to be high enough for it to warrant it. Aka, I see that the best Mythic+ runs current are at around 30, so make it equivalent to what is currently 25+ (in time only) for mythic rated gear, with a limit of only completing 10 a week or something. Loot every run of course not guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsy View Post
    Idk man, WoD wasn't peak at all, I remember that expansion being hella "raid or die" and it ended up being a shit expac.
    idk man, BFA wasn't peak at all either. And this expansion it is either mythic+, visions, dailies, islands etc. or die.

Also, lets ignore every other expansion before WoD where it was also "raid or die". Though it should properly be made into "raid, pvp (though mainly raid) or die"

Fantastic change, this makes me want to join a guild and raid again.... Raid log is perfect, who has time to spend days in a video game, every single week....??
    Also only raids offering the highest quality gear is a blessing, can differentiate between scrubs and not. Bravo blizz, a step in the right direction. SL might actually be pretty good after all

10+ Year Old Account
    BC and Wrath were very raid or die, which is what I referring to
    And you really think in this day and age, that they would survive on that sort of mentality? They evolve their systems for a reason, demographic shifts over time and it never stays the same. Not everybody wants to raid and log off bro, nor do we have the time to be stuck on a schedule as if it was a second job.

BC and Wrath were successful, in an era that is not the same as today's era of MMO players. What worked 10 years ago, won't be guaranteed to work today.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2020-09-16 at 03:37 PM.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully. I might come back and play this game seriously again. Multiclassing/rolling is one of the best things in WoW and for people with other things going on in their lifes they made it hard in Legion and god-awful in BfA. Unfortunatly we are restricted to one spec per class for optimal play, but so be it. That battle is lost. The next will be to ridicule and massacre the devs, when even the most fervent supporter of this silly system must admit, that it is utter garbarge. They made a huge and an unforgivable error and we must ensure that they don't even think of repeating this error.
    Covenants will be a bigger disaster than Azerite Armor. Covenants quadruples the amounts of speccs in the game. 144 specs in the game - a nightmare to balance, if you still want distinctive MeAnInGfUl choices. Only LARPers and LFR heroes support this boring system, that will have no lasting positive impact on casuals, for whom the system is designed, but only negatives for the real players.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one forces you to raid and log off other than you. There is plenty of optional content to do, and you'll need to do multiple M+ runs anyways if you want a bigger chest pool every week
    Yeah not every M+ difficulty gives 210 though, that's only 15+, the levels prior to that are on par with Normal loot or less AND once per run. I get their strategy, M+ dropped too much at once and that is fine (Limiting it to one per dungeon) but to go ahead and make the ilvl worse than it was in BFA and Legion? That's bs.

M+ is clearly a popular piece of content, why go to this length to make it utter shit for those that enjoy it?

there should be pvp gear equivalent to mythic raiding as it's a different area of the game but otherwise yes, it is a good thing. wow was not designed around having unending grinds. unending grinds are only good when they are made incredibly competently. when it's not made well, you get intense burn out like we have seen for both legion AND bfa. people need a break from the game whether they want to take one or not.

3+ Year Old Account
    And you really think in this day and age, that they would survive on that sort of mentality? They evolve their systems for a reason, demographic shifts over time and it never stays the same. Not everybody wants to raid and log off bro, nor do we have the time to be stuck on a schedule as if it was a second job.

BC and Wrath were successful, in an era that is not the same as today's era of MMO players. What worked 10 years ago, won't be guaranteed to work today.
    Find a game you do have time to play then? idk..

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah not every M+ difficulty gives 210 though, that's only 15+, the levels prior to that are on par with Normal loot or less AND once per run. I get their strategy, M+ dropped too much at once and that is fine (Limiting it to one per dungeon) but to go ahead and make the ilvl worse than it was in BFA and Legion? That's bs.

M+ is clearly a popular piece of content, why go to this length to make it utter shit for those that enjoy it?
    Blizzard clearly wants people to actually progress through the raid difficulties / tiers.

Great change. 10/10

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe they are going to introduce more cosmetic rewards for higher keys!

This is the path they should have taken from the start of mythic+.

It hsould have been a viable way to obtain gear for Heroic / mythic raid.. Or on par with heroic raid..

and it should have offered cosmetics for higher difficulties achieved.

Since I'm mostly PvP player, I'd love it if it was just this to do every week.

What I would like to do when I log in to WoW? Play arena with my teammates, go do some battlegrounds, duel with friends, do some occasional world PvP. M+ and raids when I'm in the mood. In BFA I had to do A LOT of things, a lot of things that I didn't want to do. There were so many things to do to stay competitive that I didn't had time to do the things that I would like to do. There are actually so many things I'd like to do in this game that I don't have time to do, because I have to do my WoW chores.

I'd like to have more time for transmog runs, for playing my alts, I'd like to try pet battles more than once a year. Hell, maybe I'd even have time to actually raid again because I would do arenas instead of all those dailies and than I would have time to join my guild in raids more often.

Looking forward to less chores and more fun in a video game.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's like Blizzard learns nothing, ever. It's actually kind of impressive. So for me as a Mythic raider what this means is that I'll login for my weekly raid, logout, and not touch WoW until the following week. How amazingly boring. I was already not very excited for SL and this just puts the interest meter somewhere around 0. They went from a fuckton of optional content that had the potential to be rewarding in Legion to "lol raid log, nothing else is worth it." in SL. Absolutely massive step backwards.

They created an alternative to raiding in M+ and it was actually quite good and now they're crippling it.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Can't make everyone happy, this allows us to keep a few alts up to level easier.

Are you guys mental? M+ at 15 still literally rewards mythic raid loot from the weekly cache. With the final 2 bosses from mythic rewarding higher ilvl like it is now
    The only change they made is that spamming M+s at 15 wont basically make heroic raiding irrelevant.... and only BY 3 ILVLs.
    This is an amazing change. If anything they kept M+ just as relevant, spamming it no longer replaces heroic raiding for gearing but instead opens more choices for you for weekly chest and still rewards relevant gear (only 3 ilvls lower than heroic boohoo), you still get mythic raid ilvl from your weekly if you do M+15 and Mythic raiders get to enjoy TWO WHOLE BOSSES (OH MY GOD THE TRAGEDY) of higher ilvl.
    People at this point of the expac dont spam it and its still popular af

Back to raiding and (kinda)deterministic loot bois.

I'm gonna like SL gearing

The weekly Mythic+ cache still gives Mythic Raid iLvl loot, and thanks to the choice system, getting a (near) full loadout of really good item level pieces shouldn't be an issue at all.

I dont understand these posts, WoW itself is raid or die, they never add content that lasts more than a few hours /6 months anyway for a few years now.

Its literally, do the bare minimum each day for a few weeks/month after every patch, then do what you enjoy.

Plus, the gear is gonna be much less to what people are used to for the last 2 expansions, so i can bet the casual base that considers Mythic dungeons to be "oh so hard" and "omg i am introvert" will take forever to do the minimal as always.

I dont really see a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    honest question, please let's discuss this without hate.

from what i have heard and seen on the beta only renown (~1h/week) and Torghast (also ~1h per week) offer Character progression.

In addition to that we just learned that m+ gear will be before heroic raid gear.

this means that if you raid mythic, your are done with all your weekly stuff in 2-3h (depending if you choose to do 1 m+ for the cache).

ofc you could also do more m+ for more item selection, but this is very, very inefficient. still posdible tho.

i understand many people like this, because they are free to do other things ingame now. my personal problem here is, that I am actually only really interested in things that offer Character progression and those are now heavily timegated.

do i miss something? is there really nothing to do at max level besides the things I listed? would be a shame if this becomes a raidlogging expansion.
    You're exactly right here. But unfortunately for you this is what A LOT of players have been asking for, including myself. We don't want everything in the game to be centered around character progression. And the best thing about it, is that it is going to be much much easier to keep alts. So I'm extremely happy for this change. Also I don't do M+ for the rewards. I do M+ because I actually enjoy the content and pushing keys.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Can't make everyone happy, this allows us to keep a few alts up to level easier.
    Exactly. I much rather want to play alts than having to put thousands of hours into only one character.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    The weekly Mythic+ cache still gives Mythic Raid iLvl loot, and thanks to the choice system, getting a (near) full loadout of really good item level pieces shouldn't be an issue at all.
    And everyone is crying about 3 ilvl compared to heroic raid gear but they fail to see that you only need +14 to get mythic raid level chest instead of +15 in BFA.

It's not going to be utter shit for me. I do M+ because I enjoy M+. The reward doesn't really matter because I will be mythic geared anyway. If you only do M+ for the reward then you don't really enjoy the content in the first place.