Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Horde [Speculation] Hyped about Garrosh return - he is literally the best character of WoW

I know there are people that don't like Garrosh, because "he is a bully", oppressive, arrogant, he insults the player character, only cares about the Orcs (which is not fully true), violent, did some evil things in MoP...

But Garrosh started to really play a major role in WOTLK and that character was good for the game. Even without being Warchief... he correctly represent the more "violent" side of the Horde in a natural way.

Not only that, even as absolute political top dog as Warchief, he was very initiative, it's part of his character. To take action and walk into the danger and start wars. Give Alliance something to do.

Garrosh wanted to invade Northrend, before Scourge even could attack Orgrimmar, Garrosh always seeks for adventure and conquest. It's just who he is as a character. So because he was also a "major character" of the Warcraft story, the story is forced to continue in an interesting way, simply because of how his personality works.

Baine likes to sit in Thunderbluff and eat out of his nose with his "eat, sleep, talk" lifestyle, just like Vol'jin, Thrall, (pre-forced) Sylvanas, Cairne, Lor'themar, Varian always did.

After Garrosh died, it became quickly very quiet, you had some characters trying to fill his space Illidan (adventurous), (Nathanos (arrogance), Geya'rah (warmonger), Greymane (revenge), Sylvanas (suddenly out of nowhere a demi-god warmonger). But nobody of them could do it as well and all it once as Garrosh.

The only one who could replicate Garrosh character was the old school Warcraft 3 Grom Hellscream. The co-creator of Garrosh. Grom is an excellent character to have next to Thrall.

Blizzard tries to replicate Garrosh with Sylvanas "in her own ways"...

But Sylvanas .... she never had real personality, irrational forced mood swings, boring sociopathic, calm character. Took never initiative (outside of Arthas vengeance thing). She herself tried to kill herself after there was nothing left for her. Garrosh would never do that. Yet Sylvanas was forced back into the lore with a "fake mysterious cloud around her". Did basically pretty much nothing because the devs seriously didn't knew what to do with her.

Not surprising, because the character of Sylvanas has literally no goals in her life, nobody to fight for or life for. So not only visually a lifeless corpse, but also personality wise a lifeless corpse. So when she suddenly takes over the story, filling the space of Garrosh, it feels all so forced, people even calling her Garrosh 2.0. But unlike Garrosh... Sylvanas as character is nothing.. she is an empty shell, both story and personality wise. (I admit, shell looks visually nice, lots of people love her perfection in the visual department, but that's it).

But if you going to rely on someone's visual appearance for a story, that's not going to work out well, for people who like to dive deep into the story.

With Garrosh return, and if the character stays intact (he probably will, his iron will is pretty much unrivaled), I greatly cheer for the return of Son of Hellscream. There is a nearly infinite amount of GOOD possibilities they could do with the return of Garrosh Hellscream.

he is dead,hes not coming back,this isnt dragon ball....also garrosh sucks,i do hope we see him getting tortured good

Quote Originally Posted by XalAtoh View Post
    I know there are people that don't like Garrosh, because "he is a bully", oppressive, arrogant, he insults the player character, only cares about the Orcs (which is not fully true), violent, did some evil things in MoP...

But Garrosh started to really play a major role in WOTLK and that character was good for the game. Even without being Warchief... he correctly represent the more "violent" side of the Horde in a natural way.

Not only that, even as absolute political top dog as Warchief, he was very initiative, it's part of his character. To take action and walk into the danger and start wars. Give Alliance something to do.

Garrosh wanted to invade Northrend, before Scourge even could attack Orgrimmar, Garrosh always seeks for adventure and conquest. It's just who he is as a character. So because he was also a "major character" of the Warcraft story, the story is forced to continue in an interesting way, simply because of how his personality works.

Baine likes to sit in Thunderbluff and eat out of his nose with his "eat, sleep, talk" lifestyle, just like Vol'jin, Thrall, (pre-forced) Sylvanas, Cairne, Lor'themar, Varian always did.

After Garrosh died, it became quickly very quiet, you had some characters trying to fill his space Illidan (adventurous), (Nathanos (arrogance), Geya'rah (warmonger), Greymane (revenge), Sylvanas (suddenly out of nowhere a demi-god warmonger). But nobody of them could do it as well and all it once as Garrosh.

The only one who could replicate Garrosh character was the old school Warcraft 3 Grom Hellscream. The co-creator of Garrosh. Grom is an excellent character to have next to Thrall.

Blizzard tries to replicate Garrosh with Sylvanas "in her own ways"...

But Sylvanas .... she never had real personality, irrational forced mood swings, boring sociopathic, calm character. Took never initiative (outside of Arthas vengeance thing). She herself tried to kill herself after there was nothing left for her. Garrosh would never do that. Yet Sylvanas was forced back into the lore with a "fake mysterious cloud around her". Did basically pretty much nothing because the devs seriously didn't knew what to do with her.

Not surprising, because the character of Sylvanas has literally no goals in her life, nobody to fight for or life for. So not only visually a lifeless corpse, but also personality wise a lifeless corpse. So when she suddenly takes over the story, filling the space of Garrosh, it feels all so forced, people even calling her Garrosh 2.0. But unlike Garrosh... Sylvanas as character is nothing.. she is an empty shell, both story and personality wise. (I admit, shell looks visually nice, lots of people love her perfection in the visual department, but that's it).

But if you going to rely on someone's visual appearance for a story, that's not going to work out well, for people who like to dive deep into the story.

With Garrosh return, and if the character stays intact (he probably will, his iron will is pretty much unrivaled), I greatly cheer for the return of Son of Hellscream. There is a nearly infinite amount of GOOD possibilities they could do with the return of Garrosh Hellscream.
    Small issue that he's not currently in the Shadowlands expansion as a char

Of course he can come back, it's a story without restrains.

Even the devs once said they could bring ANYONE back... it's a story, not real world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Small issue that he's not currently in the Shadowlands expansion as a char
    It's a reference to the recently announced Afterlives cinematics, which feature an Orc in Revendreth who looks and sounds similar to Garrosh.

Last edited by Aucald; 2020-08-26 at 01:07 PM.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

If it is garrosh, I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes the Venthyr who is thrown out in the sun at the end.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2020-08-26 at 01:13 PM.

I would love to see Garrosh return. All the reasons people hate him are the reasons I love him. He was best warchief hands down. I doubt anything will come of it even if he is in Shadowlands though. Blizzard has elected to turn WoW into a safe space where we can all unite under one banner and fight the evils of the universe together for extremely generic principles like "honor" and "justice".

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    It's a reference to the recently announced Afterlives cinematics, which feature an Orc in Revendreth who looks and sounds similar to Garrosh.

But he's still not in the beta and the beta is basicly at the end of adding content and story lines.

Unless he shows up as patch content seem silly to get hyped over a clip in a non In game trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    If it is garrosh, I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes the Venthyr who is thrown out in the sun at the end.
    That...would be ironic as fuck.

Imagine being Garrosh, being this badass war criminal who went from "Top dog of the Horde" material, to "Badass former Old God infused Orc who time traveled, killed a Bronze Drake, made the Iron Horde and challenged Thrall to a 1v1" only for you to die, be sent to Revendreth, get tortured by these Vampire guys, turn into a Venthyr, and learn that all your shit meant absolutely nothing in the end. Literally. Nothing.

I wouldn't want to continue EXISTING, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazmalak View Post
    I would love to see Garrosh return. All the reasons people hate him are the reasons I love him. He was best warchief hands down. I doubt anything will come of it even if he is in Shadowlands though. Blizzard has elected to turn WoW into a safe space where we can all unite under one banner and fight the evils of the universe together for extremely generic principles like "honor" and "justice".
    Yes, but Garrosh can still participate in this "everyone united under 1 banner", and be the good old Garrosh.

And with Garrosh around, I don't think it will stay under 1 banner, as he would naturally dismiss the cowards, shameless, prideless and treacherous people, cast those out.

Garrosh was a fantastic character, which was developed almost entirely within the MMO which is impressive. As much as I'd like to see him back, I also am not a fan of "do you remember" style stories. I thought it might be cool in WoD but it becomes grating and a mess. I hope they leave the heavy hitters who had their stories told... out. Uther might be interesting because we didn't get a ton of him, the focus was on Arthas. Kaelthas is meh... i love that character and arc, but I'm not in for "life was just a set back".

Brining back Garrosh for some kind of "retribution" will devalue him, and news flash, he doesn't need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazmalak View Post
    people hate him because blizzard changed his character drasticaly in mop,made no sense,the guy killing his own man because he killed some innocent druids,later comits...genoside...and uses old god grape juice to empower his soldiers...kinda like the demon blood did...the thing his entire character was trying to live up against as it was what his own father did,it literaly makes no logical sense how garrosh would turn out this dumb

also it makes perfect sense for everyone to unite under one banner against evil....england and france were at war for over 1000 years,and they became one of the biggest allies in the world against other factions
    Last edited by deenman; 2020-08-26 at 01:29 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XalAtoh View Post
    snip
    as much as I think his appearance in the Shadowlands would be interesting, it's not confirmed yet..... don't get ya hopes up cause they may well be dashed

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    But he's still not in the beta and the beta is basicly at the end of adding content and story lines.

Unless he shows up as patch content seem silly to get hyped over a clip in a non In game trailer
    That was my rationale as well, but once the hype train gets rolling you can either step aside or let it crush you underneath, I suppose. I was more in the doubtful school as to whether this is actually Garrosh - but I suppose we'll see.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Glad you enjoyed him.

I didn't have any use for his posturing, overcompensating for daddy issues, warmongering for the sake of itself, and reverting the Horde back to the cliched evil monster people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    "Best warchief"

Lol...ok
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

"Best character".

I know WoW lore isn't exactly a showcase of well-written characters, but come on... You pick a guy that's been spinning back and forth ever since they introduced him.

I get it, you want to trigger reddit soyboys who were instantly riled up after the teaser released, like "why would they reintroduce a literal nazi" and stuff like that, but to call him "best" is a bit too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    "Best warchief"

Lol...ok
    Not just Warchief, he is the best character of WoW. There is nobody better than Garrosh.

Most of them just ate from their nose... with their "sleep, eat, talk" lifestyle, who am I talking about? Almost everybody: Baine, Thrall, Voll'jin, Magni, Varian, Cairne, list goes on and on.

Those characters are at best "reactive"... if an event happens, then they do something. They are peacelovers, their natural state is "being boring and do nothing".

Garrosh is different... he is chaos bringer, he brings stories and entertainment. One of the biggest mistake was killing him... now they are trying to get him back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind seeing him come back again just so he can get his pathetic ass handed to him by Thrall in another mak'gora.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

A low post account with a Garrosh avatar and named after his weapon in SoO praising the virtues of a garbage character, what could go wrong?