My current gaming mouse seems to be heading to the junk heap, need suggestions

suggestions for a cheap(ish) replacement.

Razor and Logitech are out. I spent $80 on a Razor branded mouse a few years back and it didn't last 6 or so months til it started giving me issues.

Logitech seem to last a bit longer, but I still seem to spend a good chunk of money on something that I don't feel like I got the worth for the money spent.

Thanks.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've always used the Logitech g600. It has a bunch of mmo buttons and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gaming mice are designed to not last, get a well built office mouse and use it for gaming. I've had my Logitech mx518 for almost 2 decades and although I've had to clean out some fluff from the inner wheel once or twice, it's still physically working perfectly and doesn't look like the pile of gunk my gaming WoW mouse turned into within a year.

It depends how good you are at keyboard gymnastics. If you cba playing piano, MMO mouse might be your best option.

You can have a look at "Corsair Scimitar" https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Progr...dp_ob_title_ce

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends what the issues are, mouse click problems can be easily fixed with some replacement switches that are cheaper than a coffee.

I got my G600 in 2016, I use it every day. The right click started going early last year, and the left click a few months ago. When I felt the right click was on its way out I ordered some replacement switches off ebay (£5 for 5 or something) and did some simple soldering work to swap them out.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Logitech G305, best bang for your buck.

You say you don't want Razer but I can't recommend the Razer Deathadder Elite enough. It's lasted me ages and still works great. It's minimalistic and super comfortable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had the Razer Naga Epic (wireless w/dock), Corsair Scimitar, and the Logitech G600... All I can say is price doesn't equal quality or ease of use in some cases. My Naga would have connectivity issues all the time. Corsair had peeling issues on top layer (was defective/traded in). But the cheap Logitech G600... man that thing is like the Nokia of mmo mouses! Hasn't died on me or failed me yet.

I also use a Logitech MX Master 2S for work purposes.
    Grandmaster Tidestout
    <Stand Tall>US-Stormrage

I've had the Corsair Scimitar for over two years with no issues and i use it for everything, work, wow, fps. You name it.

Razer Naga Trinity is affordable and works. My problem with the scimitar is I strafe with the buttom two keys closest to me in the side panel which has worked out awesomely for years and years. The scimitar is way too easy to click both buttons on accident which cancel out and make you do nothing.

Very specific issue thats a problem for me that might not be a problem for most admittedly. But thats my two pennies.
    RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE

G600 is about 6 years old now. I will admit it isn't the prettiest thing but it gets the job done and has what I need. It lasted so long it's paid for itself at this point and it wasn't even expensive5. Before I got this mouse it was something I had to replace every 2 years if I was lucky.

I've been using this one for years now and would be buying it again over any Logitech or Razor. Had zero issues with it and it costs like half of what you would have to spend on the others. It doesn't seem to be in stock anymore, but the exact model is also sold by other companies. Check out this one or this one. I'm guessing they just put their logo on it.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post

Razor and Logitech are out.
    You probably wont find anything more quality than logitech though. Cheap stuff and Razor stuff breaks really fast and then you have premium brands like Logitech, Corsair, Steelseries or HyperX. But they are all in the same ballpark.

Also nobody can tell you what to buy. You really need to find a mouse that fits you. Weight, form and button layout are pretty important and there is no "best" mouse that is great for everyone.

Please dont buy Razor or Sharkoon though or you will need a new mouse in a few months again.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'd probably get something Logitech if "brand" is somewhat important to you. I'd still recommend testing them though as how well they fit is important.

I had my Logitech G700 for a good 7-8 years before I put it to rest last year. Before that I rocked the infamous MS 4.0/Icemat combo with surf strips (other ancients will know)

Currently rocking a Trust Sikanda GXT 164 because of how absurdely well it fit my hand when I tested it, I hadn't heard of the brand, but it still feels smooth 1,5 years in so for about 30 bucks it's been exceeding my expectations.

I’ve had a Roccat Kone XTD for about 6 or so years and outside of some minor wear on the buttons it still runs like a top.

Zowie, especially because of the various shapes for every hand. Also they are very good for shooter if you play other games aswell besides WoW.

If it should be very cheap, I heard that Lioncast is decent.

Ive had them all pretty much but the last few years i've only been using mionix at home and at work.
    They're the most comfortable mouses ever made and they're also quite big (Depending on model) which makes them much more ergonomic and you can play for hours comfortable.
    Really prefer their naos series.

New Logitech MX518 for all around use. Thankfully Logitech rereleased this version of the mouse and trust me it's ain't for nothing that it has been praised up to this day for almost 2 decades. Old versions like standard mx518 or g400(s) if you can find them will do as well, which I am still using to this day. Additional benefit is that this model is hugely reliable, not overpriced, it's not bulky as those mmo mice like razer naga or schimitar, but it still has 5 extra keys on which you can rely on for mmorpgs (I use this mouse for WoW as well since I use a lot of modifiers and can get away without all those extra keys below my thumb, which is the only downside of this mouse if you can't manage without that many buttons...). It is supreme for fps games and any other gaming genre and has 5 extra keys for mmos and mobas and is comfortable as fps mouse.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    My g600 is 4 years old and still works great, the one I had before I also got several years out off. I don't know where the "they break easily" gripe comes from because it's a load of crap.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I think maybe I'll just rebuy the mouse I am currently using (G502).