Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Post your unpopular TV/movie opinions?

American dad is better than Family Guy and The Simpsons

X-Men: Apocalypse is better than X-Men (2000.)

Angel is better than Buffy.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Angel is better than Buffy.
    How is that unpopular? Literally everyone I know that is a fan of the Buffyverse prefers Angel. It's my favourite show for a reason. Because it is just plainly better.

I sympathize more with Skyler and Walt Jr than I do with Walter. Walter is NOT the hero of the story.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    X-Men: Apocalypse is better than X-Men (2000.)
    Agreed 100%.

I think ALL the Star Wars movies suck, including the originals.

I don't hate the Matrix sequels, even if they don't compare to the first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Borat was boring and unfunny.
    Putin khuliyo

I love the Star Wars Prequels and don't like Episode 4-6. I like the Transformers movies, I love the movie Constantine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    It was hilarious in a packed theatre when I saw it the first time then when I watched it at home after its dvd release I didn't laugh at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    How is that unpopular? Literally everyone I know that is a fan of the Buffyverse prefers Angel. It's my favourite show for a reason. Because it is just plainly better.
    It's the opposite for me. Just about everyone I know that were fans of the shows (my wife included), vastly prefer Buffy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post
    American dad is better than Family Guy and The Simpsons
    I agree, but Futurama was better than all of them.

Mad Men is one of the most boring shows ever made and the US version of The Office is an abomination that should require a warning label

also directors get far too much credit and writers far too little

The next year "Better Call Saul" ends with its 6th season. Once this show has ended people who has never set a foot in the Gilliverse should watch "Better Call Saul" first and then watch "Breaking Bad" ,instead of the other way ,for better enjoyment.

Trying to make "Westworld" more popular the change of course in the 3rd season made an amazing show into something way way worse.

There's something wrong with my TV. That's the only way I can explain the obsession with "Killing Eve". I will try to adjust the contrast.

There's not a single Netflix Marvel Studios show that gets even a 5/10 with the exception of "Jessica Jones" S1 and that's just because I acknowledge the balls to do such an unorthodox and unexpected "superhero".

The age of the traditional Sitcom (multicam,fixed locations,character jokes) has ended.It's a dead format.

Breaking bad was good but not great. It kept draggin on, and would have been way better if they cut it down 1-2 seasons.

Friends, how I met your mother and all those shows are boring as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Wow. How dare you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Breaking bad was good but not great. It kept draggin on, and would have been way better if they cut it down 1-2 seasons.

Friends, how I met your mother and all those shows are boring as fuck
    Hell yes to this. I loved the 90's, but damn, these kind of sitcoms from the 90's, and I know I'm likely not the target audience, but I have no idea how people found humor in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Hell yes to this. I loved the 90's, but damn, these kind of sitcoms from the 90's, and I know I'm likely not the target audience, but I have no idea how people found humor in them.
    The humorous bit in Friends is usually post/whilst the credits roll.

The Simpsons should not be cancelled

Community is not very funny.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    (probably not unpopular on this forum but certainly in the wider tv viewing audience) -

All Reality TV shows are the bane of humanity. Yea, that's right, "Dancing with the Stars" and "America's got Talent" included, not just Kardashians and 90 Day Fiancee.

(unpopular everywhere usually)

Joss Whedon is overrated.

Firefly isn't 'all that'. (Though I still agree Fox screwed it over)

Black Mirror is nothing more than dumbed down Twilight Zone Episodes.
    Last edited by Koriani; 2020-09-17 at 10:30 PM.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    It's the opposite for me. Just about everyone I know that were fans of the shows (my wife included), vastly prefer Buffy.
    I found that the tone of both shows were too different to prefer one over the other.