Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    GoT S8 was actually good and people are outraged because their cringy fanfics didn't come true

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    GoT S8 was actually good and people are outraged because their cringy fanfics didn't come true
    I will say the story they tried to tell was fine. The issue was it was terribly told and crazy rushed. Felt like they tried to cram two seasons worth of story and character development into just 6 episodes and it didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    I mentioned this in another thread, but I don't think Terminator 3 was that bad. It was nowhere near on the same level as T1 and T2, of course. But it did seem to get a lot of hate that I thought was undeserved.
    Yeah...it was a good third act that moved things forward.
    I don't understand what so-called fans want anymore.
    The same for Star Trek Beyond. A good third act that moved...but fans? Damn...I think they really don't know what they want either.

I hate all popular Sitcoms seinfeld, friends, how i met your mother, big bang theory etc. It's just not funny to me.

I had fun in the Han Solo movie, didn't think it was trash.

The netflix show Dark is really boring.

Dragon Ball Super is great and some arcs are better than some from Z.

I loved spiderman 3 when i watched back in the day.
    Last edited by Khain; 2020-10-02 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Steve Rogers has the minset to help people no mater the odds. Carol Danvers has that same mindset.

So did Carol.

Neither does Carol.

"Captain Sue" has all the traits these other heroes do.

Also, your point was that "she didn't do anything to gain power"...and neither did any of these others. They were either born that way or had something happen to them that gave them powers.

And if you want to talk about "Captain Sue"...Steve Rogers is a 98 lbs weakling that is instantly transformed into the world's greatest soldier...and suddenly every girl in the world is swooning for him.

It's almost literally this:

your excuse feels baseless and totally disingenuous, back ofc how else to support trash

I agree with someone up above!
    I think Han Solo movie was great, and the main actor was really charming to me!

Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    your excuse feels baseless and totally disingenuous, back ofc how else to support trash
    I never said you had to like Captain Marvel...just that your stated reasoning for not liking Captain Marvel applies to many other superheroes. That she didn't "earn" her powers...

...well... most Heroes don't.

Spider-Man gets his powers because he was bit by a radioactive spider. Could have happened to anyone.
    Superman gets his powers from the way his Kryptonian body absorbs radiation from the sun. Every Kryptonian gets those same powers merely by coming to Earth.
    Captain America was a guinea pig for an experimental serum. Had Erskine not been assassinated....he'd just be one of many Super-Soldiers.

Most Heroes get their powers because of something outside of their control happening to them. What makes them heroes is what they do with those powers...not how they received them.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2020-10-03 at 02:41 PM.

I never said you had to like Captain Marvel...just that your stated reasoning for not liking Captain Marvel applies to many other superheroes. That she didn't "earn" her powers...

...well... most Heroes don't.

Spider-Man gets his powers because he was bit by a radioactive spider. Could have happened to anyone.
    Superman gets his powers from the way his Kryptonian body absorbs radiation from the sun. Every Kryptonian gets those same powers merely by coming to Earth.
    Captain America was a guinea pig for an experimental serum. Had Erskine not been assassinated....he'd just be one of many Super-Soldiers.

Most Heroes get their powers because of something outside of their control happening to them. What makes them heroes is what they do with those powers...not how they received them.
    The same applies to her too , then
    But they had to tone other heroes like hulk so she can appear better than she is and then sideline her in endgame.so not only she received a mary sue treatment they went away with it because it didn't fly.

The only reason this movie did fine was because it was in between two avengers movies. If it was a stand alone it would have been rock bottom

10+ Year Old Account
    Gangster/mob movies (ie Godfather, Scarface, etc) are so boring and uninteresting as movie premises and as well in content itself. Nothing about the genre of those movies relates of even inspires me.

The only reason this movie did fine was because it was in between two avengers movies. If it was a stand alone it would have been rock bottom
    Ant Man and the Wasp was in between the same two Avengers movies. Captain Marvel did considerably better. So the "between Avengers movies" line doesn't work either.

Ant Man and the Wasp was in between the same two Avengers movies. Captain Marvel did considerably better. So the "between Avengers movies" line doesn't work either.
    antman and the wasp were sideline because of the world cup.

antman and the wasp were sideline because of the world cup.
    That affects the global market...but Domestically Captain Marvel still did far better than Antman and the Wasp.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Writing Female Characters with Male traits to make them seem like "Strong Women" makes them much less interesting than just writing good Female Characters that still have femininity as part of their character.

No one likes butch Women. It's why things like Animes and Foreign Films still have good Female characters but western shows rarely do.

I think star wars (all of the movies ) are pretty rubbish. I think star trek is better in every way.

That affects the global market...but Domestically Captain Marvel still did far better than Antman and the Wasp.
    it affected every place lol , if it wasnt for avengers hype it would sink
    how else do you explain she was thrown out in endgame? none liked the character so they put her away

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Gangster/mob movies (ie Godfather, Scarface, etc) are so boring and uninteresting as movie premises and as well in content itself. Nothing about the genre of those movies relates of even inspires me.
    Yeah this is another one I fully agree with. Could not get into the Godfather or Scarface. Even more recent films like The Irishman were just boring to me. I guess the only one I enjoyed was The Departed, but that was mostly due to the acting.

With the exception of Nolan's Batman trilogy, every superhero movie supersuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    I mentioned this in another thread, but I don't think Terminator 3 was that bad. It was nowhere near on the same level as T1 and T2, of course. But it did seem to get a lot of hate that I thought was undeserved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Yeah...it was a good third act that moved things forward.
    I don't understand what so-called fans want anymore.
    The same for Star Trek Beyond. A good third act that moved...but fans? Damn...I think they really don't know what they want either.
    I too enjoyed T3.

It was the synthesis of the first two movies - the first movie was all about the immediate attempt to end the threat to the future (John Connor's birth). The second was about the protagonists trying to alter the future themselves, and thinking they succeeded. The third movie puts a cap on it, showing that neither the Terminator (in T1) nor Sarah Connor (in T2) could escape the future, it was always going to happen.

Ironically, this has been confirmed in recent weeks by astrophysicists as the theoretical "only way time travel is possible," that even if you go back and change things, the universe will contort itself to get back to that same end-result that led to the time traveler traveling backwards in the first place.

it affected every place lol , if it wasnt for avengers hype it would sink
    how else do you explain she was thrown out in endgame? none liked the character so they put her away
    If "None liked her"...why is she getting a sequel? That's hardly "putting her away"

The focus of Endgame was the Original Avengers. Captain Marvel is not one of the Original Avengers.

Transformers movies are really entertaining movies!