Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
15
... LastLast
  1. #241
    Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    I need to give Vagrant Story another try. Twice I have tried to play it and just couldn't get into it. I am aware of its reputation, I think maybe when I got it (on release) I was just too young to appreciate it.
    I was the same. It's well worth it. It still holds up fairly well to this day and was ahead of its time.

    When I first played it, I managed to get through the first couple of areas and then...struggled. I didn't play it again until a few years later and at that point I was able to appreciate it much more.

  2. #242
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I was the same. It's well worth it. It still holds up fairly well to this day and was ahead of its time.

    When I first played it, I managed to get through the first couple of areas and then...struggled. I didn't play it again until a few years later and at that point I was able to appreciate it much more.
    I remember not getting too far and really struggling with it. Couldn't grasp many of the mechanics of the game. An older and wiser me should have a better time of it. It was actually the first JRPG I ever tried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post


    Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

  3. #243
    Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    I remember not getting too far and really struggling with it. Couldn't grasp many of the mechanics of the game. An older and wiser me should have a better time of it. It was actually the first JRPG I ever tried.
    Its totally worth it. Its like a combo of Parasite Eve and Kings Field.

  4. #244
    The Insane Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    16,229
    New trailer is out

    - - - Updated - - -

    Godzilla battle gameplay has been confirmed

    - - - Updated - - -

    Summer 2023

    - - - Updated - - -


  5. #245
    Man this is about the least excited I've been for a FF title since 15.

    Nothing about this seems remotely interesting. The dialogue and voice acting are abysmal, too.

    I guess we've really gone way past the expiration date here.

  6. #246
    Summons look dope in that trailer. I should probably play Lightning Returns and pick up FFXV at some point before starting this one. Kinda curious to see how the combat systems have evolved over the years (and have been wanting to play those two...just lazy)

  7. #247
    Over 9000! Poppincaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Twilight Town
    Posts
    9,424
    The fact that it seems like there's no party is very disappointing. I dunno, I think the story could be interesting, but I'm not sure if I wanna play Devil May Cry with a Final Fantasy skin.

  8. #248
    Immortal unfilteredJW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Seagrove Beach, FL
    Posts
    7,482
    Look. I’m bummed they haven’t made an actual FF game since IX.

    But since they are going this route, thank god they are dropping the party aspects and just focusing on action combat. I’d vomit if it was another wanna be KH game.
    Blessed are the fornicates, may we bend down to be their whores. Blessed are the rich, may our labor deliver them more.
    Blessed are the envious; bless the slothful, the wrathful, the vain. Blessed are the gluttonous, may they feast us to famine and war.
    What of the pious, the pure of heart, the peaceful, the meek, the mourning, and the merciful? All doomed, all doomed

  9. #249
    Over 9000! Poppincaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Twilight Town
    Posts
    9,424
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Look. I’m bummed they haven’t made an actual FF game since IX.

    But since they are going this route, thank god they are dropping the party aspects and just focusing on action combat. I’d vomit if it was another wanna be KH game.
    I mean KH2 is one of the best action RPGs ever made, so if they could replicate that combat, I think they'd be doing quite well for themselves.

  10. #250
    Banned Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    16,130
    I'm just gonna play for the music and combat. Ryota/soken combo is gonna be fire 100 100 frfr

  11. #251
    The Insane Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    16,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I'm just gonna play for the music and combat. Ryota/soken combo is gonna be fire 100 100 frfr
    We don't know who is composing for FF16, and FF14 has more composers than just Soken. He's just the only one who gets exposure in interviews and at fanfest.

  12. #252
    Immortal unfilteredJW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Seagrove Beach, FL
    Posts
    7,482
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I mean KH2 is one of the best action RPGs ever made, so if they could replicate that combat, I think they'd be doing quite well for themselves.
    Managing a party in real time action combat is cancer and I hate it.

    The moving away from turn based combat has been one of the worst things to happen to RPGs.

    My opinion of course.
    Blessed are the fornicates, may we bend down to be their whores. Blessed are the rich, may our labor deliver them more.
    Blessed are the envious; bless the slothful, the wrathful, the vain. Blessed are the gluttonous, may they feast us to famine and war.
    What of the pious, the pure of heart, the peaceful, the meek, the mourning, and the merciful? All doomed, all doomed

  13. #253
    Over 9000! Poppincaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Twilight Town
    Posts
    9,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    We don't know who is composing for FF16, and FF14 has more composers than just Soken. He's just the only one who gets exposure in interviews and at fanfest.
    Okay? He's still very talented.

  14. #254
    Banned Video Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Portland (send help)
    Posts
    16,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    We don't know who is composing for FF16, and FF14 has more composers than just Soken. He's just the only one who gets exposure in interviews and at fanfest.
    It is still likely him from the music we've heard

  15. #255
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    43,846
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Managing a party in real time action combat is cancer and I hate it.

    The moving away from turn based combat has been one of the worst things to happen to RPGs.

    My opinion of course.
    Nah, turn based combat isn't as engaging.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  16. #256
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    24,537
    Looks like 15 but with a better story. I'm here for it.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  17. #257
    The Insane Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    16,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    It is still likely him from the music we've heard
    How can you tell?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Nah, turn based combat isn't as engaging.
    Depends on the implementation of the turn based combat. Some systems are boring, others are really engaging and a ton of fun.

  18. #258
    Immortal unfilteredJW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Seagrove Beach, FL
    Posts
    7,482
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Nah, turn based combat isn't as engaging.
    For the ADD generation? Yeah

    For me? Nope, it’s peak.
    Blessed are the fornicates, may we bend down to be their whores. Blessed are the rich, may our labor deliver them more.
    Blessed are the envious; bless the slothful, the wrathful, the vain. Blessed are the gluttonous, may they feast us to famine and war.
    What of the pious, the pure of heart, the peaceful, the meek, the mourning, and the merciful? All doomed, all doomed

  19. #259
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    43,846
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    For the ADD generation? Yeah

    For me? Nope, it’s peak.
    Thats not really a compelling argument.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  20. #260
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Managing a party in real time action combat is cancer and I hate it.

    The moving away from turn based combat has been one of the worst things to happen to RPGs.

    My opinion of course.
    Well FF moved away from turn based combat 31 years ago with FFIV. Went back to it for a one off with FFX but yea.

    Still boggles my mind that people act like ATB and turn based are the same thing. Like do you unironically play FFIX and FFX back to back and think the combat systems are even remotely similar outside of having a freaking combat menu?

    Anyways Atlus releases a game yearly at this point, Falcom releases a game yearly that 2/3 times is turn based, square releases plenty of lower budget turn based games, Dragon Quest still exists and is turn based. If you want actual turn based games they exist, no need to cry about it in a clearly not turn based game thread.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-06-02 at 11:04 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •