Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Some where in Europe
    Posts
    1,401
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    It seems they went from emo band (FFXV) to actual dark fantasy. Aren’t they a few years late to the show?
    the "emo band" was the pinnacle of FFXV

  2. #102
    Looks great. Seems like they keep the ffxv style combat which I loved even though it was barebone. Always thought it was good foundation but needs more time to be fleshed out.

    I expect them to go the ff7 route which has the same style.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2020-09-17 at 08:05 AM.

  3. #103
    The Lightbringer Harry Botter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    R'Lyeh
    Posts
    3,510
    I like the visuals of it but this action combat system or whatever it is just ruins these rpg's for me. FF12 was probably the last one I had fun with the combat and 13 was ok. But basically 10 and back I loved them all more or less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    When people argue with you, but don't bother to read any of the sources you link, that are verified trusted sources. Then still tell you you're wrong.

    https://www.vgchartz.com/game/73124/...xv/?region=All

    Ah, I love stupid people.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Of course, the creators of the game think it was a success. When do folks bad mouth their own product? Jesus christ you're glib.

    I already linked where I found the numbers, as well as the sources. One of the souces in the link I sent is the FF wiki page.

    https://www.vgchartz.com/game/73124/...xv/?region=All

    And, if you count the iOS games of FF15 and the DLC packs, then, and only then, did it sell almost 9 million copies. This has been confirmed multiple times.

    A game selling 5 million copies is great, but that hardly makes it a success in terms of Final Fantasy.

    Why are you people so fucking retarded?
    Imagine being stuck so far up your own ass you're confusing multiple games to one game and not even being able to read your own sources.

    I agree with you, why are people so fucking retarded?
    Last edited by Lindon; 2020-09-17 at 08:59 AM.

  5. #105
    Love the dark setting so gonna be a buy for me.
    Do you hear the voices too?

  6. #106
    People have noticed at least 3 characters in the trailer have similar and in one case near identical designs to characters from Vagrant Story. Its possible 16 is a new Ivalice game.
    http://theeorzeanfrontier.blogspot.co.uk/ Neckbeard rambling about this weeaboo trash

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    I like the visuals of it but this action combat system or whatever it is just ruins these rpg's for me. FF12 was probably the last one I had fun with the combat and 13 was ok. But basically 10 and back I loved them all more or less.
    13's combat was awesome. It was everything else that was super cringe.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    I like the visuals of it but this action combat system or whatever it is just ruins these rpg's for me. FF12 was probably the last one I had fun with the combat and 13 was ok. But basically 10 and back I loved them all more or less.
    Wasn't 12 the one where you didn't actually even have to do battle? You just walked up to enemies and the gambit system did the rest? That isn't fun combat, IMO. Granted, being able to do that and knowing HOW to do that would be fun, but that's not the same as fun combat.

    There's even an auto-leveling guide for 12 where you leave the game on overnight, without touching it, and the game does battle by itself and levels you up because of how you can set your gambits to battle without any user input at all.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3Os...ature=youtu.be

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    Imagine being stuck so far up your own ass you're confusing multiple games to one game and not even being able to read your own sources.

    I agree with you, why are people so fucking retarded?
    Regardless of whatever argument you're having and how well it sold, the idea that FFXV was "Universally liked" is simply not accurate.

  9. #109
    The Lightbringer Harry Botter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    R'Lyeh
    Posts
    3,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Wasn't 12 the one where you didn't actually even have to do battle? You just walked up to enemies and the gambit system did the rest? That isn't fun combat, IMO. Granted, being able to do that and knowing HOW to do that would be fun, but that's not the same as fun combat.

    There's even an auto-leveling guide for 12 where you leave the game on overnight, without touching it, and the game does battle by itself and levels you up because of how you can set your gambits to battle without any user input at all.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3Os...ature=youtu.be
    I'm aware of that but I never really did much with the auto system myself other than an auto potion and remove poison ones. I guess I phrased it poorly
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Regardless of whatever argument you're having and how well it sold, the idea that FFXV was "Universally liked" is simply not accurate.
    Continue reading the rest of the replies.

  11. #111
    The Lightbringer Harry Botter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    R'Lyeh
    Posts
    3,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Regardless of whatever argument you're having and how well it sold, the idea that FFXV was "Universally liked" is simply not accurate.
    I played FF 15 for about 5-6 hours and never touched it again. Made me sad to not finish a FF game like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    I'm aware of that but I never really did much with the auto system myself other than an auto potion and remove poison ones. I guess I phrased it poorly
    No worries, wasn't trying to bust your balls or anything. Different people can have fun with different things for differing reasons. FF 12 was one of the only FF games that I played and never finished because the story was meh and the combat just didn't do it for me so I had little incentive to continue.

    What about the combat in FF 12 made you you enjoy it?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    Continue reading the rest of the replies.
    I did. It's still not an accurate statement.

    One of your posts quoting Metacritic even states "generally favorable" reviews. That doesn't translate to universally liked, even a little.

  13. #113
    The Lightbringer Harry Botter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    R'Lyeh
    Posts
    3,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    No worries, wasn't trying to bust your balls or anything. Different people can have fun with different things for differing reasons. FF 12 was one of the only FF games that I played and never finished because the story was meh and the combat just didn't do it for me so I had little incentive to continue.

    What about the combat in FF 12 made you you enjoy it?
    The quickenings were basically what I looked forward to. Some of them were really awesome to look at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    I played FF 15 for about 5-6 hours and never touched it again. Made me sad to not finish a FF game like that.
    I finished it and never touched it again. It was short enough and JUST good enough to get me to finish it.

    The story was all over the place IMO, the combat was terrible and there was very little incentive to go and explore the world and do the "optional" stuff because of how the game time skips to a zone where you can't go back and do shit once you reach a certain point.

    The only good parts about that game (IMO) wer the fun banter between your emo boy band, Cindy and Ardyn.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I did. It's still not an accurate statement.

    One of your posts quoting Metacritic even states "generally favorable" reviews. That doesn't translate to universally liked, even a little.
    It seems that you didn't continue reading.

    I wrote:
    "Sure, a more apt choice of word would be "generally" as the majority of the playerbase liked the game."
    This sentence simply says that the word choice was bad. I then used "generally" since that was a more accurate word for the statement.
    Last edited by Lindon; 2020-09-17 at 04:28 PM.

  16. #116
    Dreadlord Pakheth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    The cold hell known as Norway
    Posts
    832
    To be honest I am not impressed, but then again Final Fantasy(or Kingdom Hearts for that matter)hasn't been the same since Sakaguchi got the boot.

    It looks like a generic medieval action RPG without the charm of games like Dark Souls or the Witcher. In fact it looks like Square Enix' take on Game of Thrones. And the grimdark setting with more brown mud and dark locales is really unappealing to me. Final Fantasy to me is high fantasy while this is more realistic medieval with a few sparse magic elements. And after the brown/grey experience that was FF15 I was hoping for something a bit more colorful :/ I just feel FF14 is getting all the fun stuff while the single player games are left literally in the mud with the constant focus on dark gritty war.

    Until we see more of the cast and world I will be pessimistic.

  17. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    It seems that you didn't continue reading.

    I wrote:
    "Sure, a more apt choice of word would be "generally" as the majority of the playerbase liked the game."
    This sentence simply says that the word choice was bad. I then used "generally" since that was a more accurate word for the statement.
    Fair enough. I honestly wasn't going to comb the thread for something I didn't know was there, I just saw your back and forth on sales numbers. Thanks for pointing it out.

    OT: I'm tentatively excited about it. The trailer shows the story to be intriguing, but the trailer for FFXV did the same thing for me, and I thought the story there was overall pretty weak. The game play will determine if this is something I'll pick up and so far it looks really similar to FFXV, which had pretty terrible combat IMO. So we'll see.

  18. #118
    The Lightbringer Harry Botter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    R'Lyeh
    Posts
    3,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I finished it and never touched it again. It was short enough and JUST good enough to get me to finish it.

    The story was all over the place IMO, the combat was terrible and there was very little incentive to go and explore the world and do the "optional" stuff because of how the game time skips to a zone where you can't go back and do shit once you reach a certain point.

    The only good parts about that game (IMO) wer the fun banter between your emo boy band, Cindy and Ardyn.
    I am very biased when it comes to FF games. FF6 is my second favorite game of all time. I missed that combat system
    Last edited by Harry Botter; 2020-09-17 at 04:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

  19. #119
    I still wish they would go back to the turn based combat of the older FF games. I think FFX was the last one to use it. I've never been a fan of this slashy japanese arcade style of fighting.

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by chilipopper View Post
    I still wish they would go back to the turn based combat of the older FF games. I think FFX was the last one to use it. I've never been a fan of this slashy japanese arcade style of fighting.
    In the era of shooters, it’s hard to get anyone to play turn-based. I have friends who didn’t play FF simply because it wasn’t action combat.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •