Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    I need to give Vagrant Story another try. Twice I have tried to play it and just couldn't get into it. I am aware of its reputation, I think maybe when I got it (on release) I was just too young to appreciate it.
    I was the same. It's well worth it. It still holds up fairly well to this day and was ahead of its time.

When I first played it, I managed to get through the first couple of areas and then...struggled. I didn't play it again until a few years later and at that point I was able to appreciate it much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I was the same. It's well worth it. It still holds up fairly well to this day and was ahead of its time.

When I first played it, I managed to get through the first couple of areas and then...struggled. I didn't play it again until a few years later and at that point I was able to appreciate it much more.
    I remember not getting too far and really struggling with it. Couldn't grasp many of the mechanics of the game. An older and wiser me should have a better time of it. It was actually the first JRPG I ever tried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    I remember not getting too far and really struggling with it. Couldn't grasp many of the mechanics of the game. An older and wiser me should have a better time of it. It was actually the first JRPG I ever tried.
    Its totally worth it. Its like a combo of Parasite Eve and Kings Field.

New trailer is out

- - - Updated - - -

Godzilla battle gameplay has been confirmed

- - - Updated - - -

Summer 2023

- - - Updated - - -

Man this is about the least excited I've been for a FF title since 15.

Nothing about this seems remotely interesting. The dialogue and voice acting are abysmal, too.

I guess we've really gone way past the expiration date here.

Summons look dope in that trailer. I should probably play Lightning Returns and pick up FFXV at some point before starting this one. Kinda curious to see how the combat systems have evolved over the years (and have been wanting to play those two...just lazy)

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that it seems like there's no party is very disappointing. I dunno, I think the story could be interesting, but I'm not sure if I wanna play Devil May Cry with a Final Fantasy skin.

Look. I’m bummed they haven’t made an actual FF game since IX.

But since they are going this route, thank god they are dropping the party aspects and just focusing on action combat. I’d vomit if it was another wanna be KH game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Look. I’m bummed they haven’t made an actual FF game since IX.

But since they are going this route, thank god they are dropping the party aspects and just focusing on action combat. I’d vomit if it was another wanna be KH game.
    I mean KH2 is one of the best action RPGs ever made, so if they could replicate that combat, I think they'd be doing quite well for themselves.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm just gonna play for the music and combat. Ryota/soken combo is gonna be fire 100 100 frfr

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I'm just gonna play for the music and combat. Ryota/soken combo is gonna be fire 100 100 frfr
    We don't know who is composing for FF16, and FF14 has more composers than just Soken. He's just the only one who gets exposure in interviews and at fanfest.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I mean KH2 is one of the best action RPGs ever made, so if they could replicate that combat, I think they'd be doing quite well for themselves.
    Managing a party in real time action combat is cancer and I hate it.

The moving away from turn based combat has been one of the worst things to happen to RPGs.

My opinion of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    We don't know who is composing for FF16, and FF14 has more composers than just Soken. He's just the only one who gets exposure in interviews and at fanfest.
    Okay? He's still very talented.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    It is still likely him from the music we've heard

10+ Year Old Account

The moving away from turn based combat has been one of the worst things to happen to RPGs.

My opinion of course.
    Nah, turn based combat isn't as engaging.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like 15 but with a better story. I'm here for it.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    It is still likely him from the music we've heard
    How can you tell?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Depends on the implementation of the turn based combat. Some systems are boring, others are really engaging and a ton of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    For the ADD generation? Yeah

For me? Nope, it’s peak.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the ADD generation? Yeah

For me? Nope, it’s peak.
    Thats not really a compelling argument.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

My opinion of course.
    Well FF moved away from turn based combat 31 years ago with FFIV. Went back to it for a one off with FFX but yea.

Still boggles my mind that people act like ATB and turn based are the same thing. Like do you unironically play FFIX and FFX back to back and think the combat systems are even remotely similar outside of having a freaking combat menu?

Anyways Atlus releases a game yearly at this point, Falcom releases a game yearly that 2/3 times is turn based, square releases plenty of lower budget turn based games, Dragon Quest still exists and is turn based. If you want actual turn based games they exist, no need to cry about it in a clearly not turn based game thread.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-06-02 at 11:04 PM.