Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    I am Murloc! Selastan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    IN THE MOUNTAINS
    Posts
    5,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    1800's Britain? Wonder how modern the vernacular will be. Because I can almost guarantee they aren't going to be talking like Shakespeare
    Shakespeare was more than 200 years before this. For comparison, Read Dead Redemption 2 is set in the 1800s.

  2. #22
    I've been hyped for this game for 2 years now since it was leaked.

  3. #23
    The music they used for the trailer is so bad. Hogwart's Legacy, the trailer, directed by Michael Bay.

  4. #24
    Seems interesting enough for sure. Looks like some neat expansions from the universe to give it that MMO feel. Expand the world a bit through some adventures. Something to keep an eye.
    Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
    What you get: 7 free days of play plus a bundle of goodies: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

  5. #25
    That Harry Potter theme remake might be one of the worst things I've heard lately.

  6. #26
    Honestly, this is something I want. I loved first... 3? games, rest were, eh..., kinda crap plus you had a pretty much fixed story, you were the Potter himself, now you have a choice and chance to realise your own fantasy of being a wizard plus freedom, hopefully, open world and all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    The leak from 2018 was too realistic to be fake, it was just a matter of time.

    I hope it's good and if it is that sells well too so we get more.
    I had forgotten that one even existed. Now looking back seems that you are right.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    The music they used for the trailer is so bad. Hogwart's Legacy, the trailer, directed by Michael Bay.
    Yeah - generic epic trailery one, with a bit of the classic tunes mixed in for the nostalgia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

  7. #27
    Immortal Schattenlied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    7,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Piglord View Post
    Looks good
    Hard to say that without seeing any gameplay.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

  8. #28
    Pandaren Monk Bwonsamdi the Dead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    De Other Side (Just kidding) Vancouver Island, BC
    Posts
    1,773
    Well this certainly looks MUCH better than the energy-wasting IOS game

    I'm a Girl by the way
    I see dead people.... Yes, kinda my ting, ya know

  9. #29
    Oh shit, I'm feeling a Harry Potter movie marathon coming along .

    Looks pretty cool, wonder how it'll pan out.

    Who remembers playing the old Philosopher's stone/Chamber/Prisoner games? Man they were the shit, I mean they were awful, but they were the shit.
    Last edited by Zypherz; 2020-09-17 at 11:43 PM.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumba View Post
    That Harry Potter theme remake might be one of the worst things I've heard lately.
    They used something almost identical to it in one of the Deathly Hallows trailers.



    Happens around 2:06.

  11. #31
    Elemental Lord Lahis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    8,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I'm sure Warner Bros cares more about making money than they do about Rowling's opinions on biology.
    You can't really ignore Rowling's existence when making Harry Potter game.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan2 View Post
    I wonder how many more years it will take for a lotr/hp mmo to come out. like when will we be able to travel an open world like that with those graphics AND with other players around. my guess is late 2030s.
    Negative 13 years for LotRO.

  12. #32
    Titan
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    12,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    You can't really ignore Rowling's existence when making Harry Potter game.
    Yeah, but they aren't drawing from any of her existing material because the game takes place generations before the Harry Potter series. Yes, it's tied into the same world, but it likely won't be drawing from any existing canon lore aside from the founders of Hogwarts itself and maybe references like the Chamber of Secrets.

  13. #33
    I am Murloc! Selastan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    IN THE MOUNTAINS
    Posts
    5,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Oh shit, I'm feeling a Harry Potter movie marathon coming along .

    Looks pretty cool, wonder how it'll pan out.

    Who remembers playing the old Philosopher's stone/Chamber/Prisoner games? Man they were the shit, I mean they were awful, but they were the shit.
    Those are some of those games that are a lot better in memory than in reality. Mostly because, while the games are terrible, the atmosphere they tried to cultivate was real. That's what gives me such high hopes for this game. If they execute what the PS1 games attempted, it will be fantastic.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Yeah, but they aren't drawing from any of her existing material because the game takes place generations before the Harry Potter series. Yes, it's tied into the same world, but it likely won't be drawing from any existing canon lore aside from the founders of Hogwarts itself and maybe references like the Chamber of Secrets.
    Kind of like how Star Wars seems to thrive better the further it gets away from George Lucas.

  14. #34
    Titan
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    12,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Those are some of those games that are a lot better in memory than in reality. Mostly because, while the games are terrible, the atmosphere they tried to cultivate was real. That's what gives me such high hopes for this game. If they execute what the PS1 games attempted, it will be fantastic.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Kind of like how Star Wars seems to thrive better the further it gets away from George Lucas.
    Ah, but those of us who have been Star Wars fans for the better part of 30 years or more would highly disagree with that.

  15. #35
    Looks interesting, might give it a try when it comes out.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Ah, but those of us who have been Star Wars fans for the better part of 30 years or more would highly disagree with that.
    Yeah can you not turn yet another thread into a pointless star wars off. Theres already dozens of threads on the site to discuss star wars.

    I hope for the game the different houses offer different traits/passives or skills. So playing a hufflepuff feels different to playing ravenclaw.

    And I wonder if the founding fathers will be mentioned like Godric Gryffindor, Rowena Ravenclaw, Helga Hufflepuff and Salazar Slytherin. Keen to learn more about them
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

  17. #37
    I am Murloc! Selastan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    IN THE MOUNTAINS
    Posts
    5,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Yeah can you not turn yet another thread into a pointless star wars off. Theres already dozens of threads on the site to discuss star wars.

    I hope for the game the different houses offer different traits/passives or skills. So playing a hufflepuff feels different to playing ravenclaw.

    And I wonder if the founding fathers will be mentioned like Godric Gryffindor, Rowena Ravenclaw, Helga Hufflepuff and Salazar Slytherin. Keen to learn more about them
    I wonder HOW the House choosing will work. Will it be at character creation, will it give you a personality quiz, or maybe choices made during a prologue or tutorial will determine it.

  18. #38
    Legendary! Zelk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Posts
    6,847
    a game you can pirate guilt-free

  19. #39
    I am Murloc! Selastan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    IN THE MOUNTAINS
    Posts
    5,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    a game you can pirate guilt-free
    Right, because the author of the book the game is based on is a bit of a bigot, that means screw the whole dev team, and all the fans who would get joy from continued support or a sequel.

  20. #40
    Titan
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    America's Hat
    Posts
    12,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Yeah can you not turn yet another thread into a pointless star wars off. Theres already dozens of threads on the site to discuss star wars.

    I hope for the game the different houses offer different traits/passives or skills. So playing a hufflepuff feels different to playing ravenclaw.

    And I wonder if the founding fathers will be mentioned like Godric Gryffindor, Rowena Ravenclaw, Helga Hufflepuff and Salazar Slytherin. Keen to learn more about them
    I'm not the one who tried to compare the travesty that is sequel Star Wars to a Harry Potter video game that is based in the same universe but has no connection to the books we are familiar with aside from the fact that Hogwarts is part of the game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •