Page 1 of 48
... LastLast

Hogwart's Legacy

Looks good

Hogwarts Legacy is an immersive, open-world action RPG set in the world first introduced in the Harry Potter books. Now you can take control of the action and be at the center of your own adventure in the wizarding world. Embark on a journey through familiar and new locations as you explore and discover fantastic beasts, customize your character and craft potions, master spell casting, upgrade talents, and become the wizard you want to be.

Experience Hogwarts in the 1800s. Your character is a student who holds the key to an ancient secret that threatens to tear the wizarding world apart. You have received a late acceptance to the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and soon discover that you are no ordinary student: you possess an unusual ability to perceive and master Ancient Magic. Only you can decide if you will protect this secret for the good of all, or yield to the temptation of more sinister magic.

Discover the feeling of living at Hogwarts as you make allies, battle Dark wizards, and ultimately decide the fate of the wizarding world. Your legacy is what you make of it.

Mod Edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/PS5/comment...ning_hogwarts/

Please see this post for a more eloquent explanation of topics for this thread, i.e. keep it focused on Hogwarts Legacy and not Rowling and related social issues. There are plenty of other places to discuss those on the internet, just not here please.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2023-02-08 at 05:11 PM.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

It does. I'm not a huge Harry Potter fan but I really enjoyed the trailer and look forward to watching someone stream their playthrough. I can imagine the hype around it is gonna be quite big.

10+ Year Old Account
    This looks like the kind of game EVERYONE wanted when they first started making Harry Potter games. It looks good, but one thing bothers me. I'm afraid of...well, Spore. If the game really does feature your character growing and learning at Hogwarts, then I'm worried that everything but the endgame will just be useless fluff. Like how Spore promised an immersive game where you grow a creature of your own creation from single-cell to space superpower and everything in between, but it just ended up being a space exploration game with some mini-games that decided your endgame powers and a few halfway decent customization tools. I'm worried the first few years at Hogwarts will be just that, glorified 'pick your class' options. Get good grades in this, unlock that next year.

The leak from 2018 was too realistic to be fake, it was just a matter of time.

I hope it's good and if it is that sells well too so we get more.

Man, I have good memories of the old 2000's game. Harry Potter has never really been my jam, but I'm down for this. Seems like a big thematic departure for Avalanche, but they make good shit.

Looks great, but I'm just not that interested in a game at Hogwarts. It's been pretty thoroughly explored in 7 books, 9 films, and a ton of appendice materials. I would have been more interested if it was one of the other 7 wizarding schools, like Japan's. That'd be really different. Or Uganda or Brazil.

When this comes out everything else will take the back seat for a couple of months at least.

Couldnt help but notice that this is set after modern toilet was invented, propably so they can ignore the infamous JKR tweet.

this needs to be in the game in one form or another or we riot

But do you magic your shit away and the old ginger lady teacher has questionable opinions about transgender people? gotta stick to the modern JK Lovecraft canon!

I kid but boy i bet the devs have been whispering "just shut up, shut the fuck up!" when reading twitter on the phones more than once lately. The game itself looks neat, kind of gives me Fable vibes in a way i didn't expect. Hopefully its good and doesn't just feel like "REMEMBER THE MOOOOVIES?!?"

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    But do you magic your shit away and the old ginger lady teacher has questionable opinions about transgender people? gotta stick to the modern JK Lovecraft canon!

I kid but boy i bet the devs have been whispering "just shut up, shut the fuck up!" when reading twitter on the phones more than once lately. The game itself looks neat, kind of gives me Fable vibes in a way i didn't expect. Hopefully its good and doesn't just feel like "REMEMBER THE MOOOOVIES?!?"
    I'm sure Warner Bros cares more about making money than they do about Rowling's opinions on biology.

Damn, is that actual gameplay footage and not just cinematic/trailer promo footage? It looks incredible. I only really liked the later Harry Potter movies when they became darker/more grown up, but this looks mighty fun for an RPG game and the idea of creating my own character sounds fun. I'd almost try it if I wasn't so invested in WoW. 24 high level toons and 10 years playing it, I'm too lazy to start another game from scratch. Then again, between the level squish, maybe it's time to try a different game.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, it's a console game. I'm immediately skeptical. Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot promised to be an open world RPG and it was so boring and limited. Then again, it being a console game increases the chances I'll actually try it when the price drops to like $19.99 depending on reviews.

what's so open-world about it?
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

15+ Year Old Account
    If its nice and comfy like ss and cos were, im totally gonna get it

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Damn, is that actual gameplay footage and not just cinematic/trailer promo footage? It looks incredible. I only really liked the later Harry Potter movies when they became darker/more grown up, but this looks mighty fun for an RPG game and the idea of creating my own character sounds fun. I'd almost try it if I wasn't so invested in WoW. 24 high level toons and 10 years playing it, I'm too lazy to start another game from scratch. Then again, between the level squish, maybe it's time to try a different game.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, it's a console game. I'm immediately skeptical. Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot promised to be an open world RPG and it was so boring and limited. Then again, it being a console game increases the chances I'll actually try it when the price drops to like $19.99 depending on reviews.
    It's not a console game, it's on PC too...

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    It's not a console game, it's on PC too...
    Oh, well I mean it was also developed for console. It's coming out for PS4, PS5, etc. Any time a game is developed for consoles as well, there's good reason to determine its scope. IE: there's a good reason why WoW is not available for consoles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ancient Magic? So we're the chosen one before the other 'chosen one' then? I wonder if that's they're way of saying you'll end up ostracised whatever you do.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post

Oh I forgot she wrote that poop tweet. Even so it's being set around 200 years in the past so I wouldn't expect their opinions to reflect modern opinions in any respect. Though I am now interested if they're going to keep the platform 9 3/4 train to Hogwarts for convenience or are they going to explore how students and teachers got to Hogwarts before Trains were introduced/commonly used.

Edit: should've watched the trailer first, flying carriages. And I thought the car was bad.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

I wonder how many more years it will take for a lotr/hp mmo to come out. like when will we be able to travel an open world like that with those graphics AND with other players around. my guess is late 2030s.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why everyone is obsessed with bathrooms, but yes. Hogwarts should have running water. The Chamber of Secrets was built alongside the school, and it was built into the plumbing.

1800's Britain? Wonder how modern the vernacular will be. Because I can almost guarantee they aren't going to be talking like Shakespeare