Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

There should be a Group Finder for paid carries.

Right now, you're supposed to only advertise paid carries in Trade chat. But the Group Finder is fucking full of people selling carries for gold. So, here's my proposed solution:

• A tab in the Group Finder for paid carries.
    • As a carrier, you post what dungeon you'll be running, and the price, per boss.
    • As a buyer, you accept an invite by paying the gold instantly through that UI, like the AH. No need for an additional trade window.
    • Gold drops for the carrier along with the loot of each boss.
    • If the buyer or carrier leave the party, the remaining gold is returned to the buyer in the mail.

Group Finder can go back to being an actual Group Finder in the main tab. Carry sellers can stop spamming Trade. Sellers are guaranteed to be paid by UI instead of the honor system. Ninjas are impossible. I see no flaws in this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Right now, you're supposed to only advertise paid carries in Trade chat. But the Group Finder is fucking full of people selling carries for gold. So, here's my proposed solution:

• As a carrier, you post what dungeon you'll be running, and the price, per boss.
    • As a buyer, you accept an invite by paying the gold instantly through that UI, like the AH. No need for an additional trade window.
    • If the buyer or carrier leave the party, the remaining gold is returned to the buyer.

Group Finder can go back to being an actual Group Finder in the main tab. Carry sellers can stop spamming Trade. Sellers are guaranteed to be paid by UI instead of the honor system. Ninjas are impossible. I see no flaws in this.
    This is assissinine. They should just be outlawed. If you cant do the content then you shouldn't be able to buy it.It just sets the scene for RMT.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

Sellers want to get as much exposure as possible. That wont stop them from posting everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    This is assissinine. They should just be outlawed. If you cant do the content then you shouldn't be able to buy it.It just sets the scene for RMT.
    I disagree. Imagine using that argument against the Auction House for BoE gear or mounts. "If you can't get the drop you shouldn't be able to buy it. It just sets the scene for RMT." Gold is a currency, it should be supported as one. A lack of support for gold transactions is what sets the scenes for real money transactions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpbladez View Post
    Sellers want to get as much exposure as possible. That wont stop them from posting everywhere.
    I mean, if you can sort by price, it'd probably just be easier to undercut.

15+ Year Old Account
    I disagree. Imagine using that argument against the Auction House for BoE gear or mounts. "If you can't get the drop you shouldn't be able to buy it. It just sets the scene for RMT." Gold is a currency, it should be supported as one.
    BoEs are there for a reason. You are carrying someone who can't do the content for Gold, which you may or may not sell for Real World Cash. Don't say it doesn't happen because we all know it does.. /cough Method.
    @KrimzinOG

10+ Year Old Account
    what else would you sell than services on /2 when everything else can be listed on the AH?

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    what else would you sell than services on /2 when everything else can be listed on the AH?
    Impulse buying is always a thing, & if you're selling something at a bargain price (yet not so cheap someones AH sniper picks up on it) someone might pick it up right away. I used to sell quite a lot of stuff through trade chat way back when.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    Follow up question: Who cares?

I'd rather have my gold be guaranteed than have to trust that whoever I'm paying is going to hold up their end of the service. They could add world quests and achievement-progress to this proposed system too.

15+ Year Old Account

• If the buyer or carrier leave the party, the remaining gold is returned to the buyer in the mail.

You are wrong in a lot of ways. One thing I will agree with is that, Carries should have their own channel so that if that's what you want, you can join it. That way all the normal players who can do content ourselves, dont have to see all the bullshit.
    I spam report everytime I see gold carries in LFG system. I hope they all get banned.
    @KrimzinOG

BoEs are there for a reason. You are carrying someone who can't do the content for Gold, which you may or may not sell for Real World Cash. Don't say it doesn't happen because we all know it does.. /cough Method.
    That's the thing though. Right now, it's a sort of personal agreement. "I carry you through dungeon, you trade me some gold." They could easily tack on "Yeah and also you wire me some $$ while you're at it." With an interface, you don't have to worry about shitty negotiation. It's just a transaction, like a trade window guaranteeing both sides get what they're asking for and nothing else.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's the thing though. Right now, it's a sort of personal agreement. "I carry you through dungeon, you trade me some gold." They could easily tack on "Yeah and also you wire me some $$ while you're at it." With an interface, you don't have to worry about shitty negotiation. It's just a transaction, like a trade window guaranteeing both sides get what they're asking for and nothing else.
    Its like selling drugs and not getting paid. Sucks but you know the risks. LOL
    @KrimzinOG

You are wrong in a lot of ways.
    In what ways though? The normal players get the entire current Group Finder to themselves, and the paid carries are on a separate tab. Nobody would advertise on the standard Group Finder, because it'd be obsolete

- - - Updated - - -

Its like selling drugs and not getting paid. Sucks but you know the risks. LOL
    Exactly.

The risks shouldn't exist

It still can, I mean, gold trades are a thing and you can promise anything to anyone. But carries are popular enough to warrant a guarantee, I think

15+ Year Old Account
    This ranks right up there with Gold Sellers/Farmers.

- - - Updated - - -

In what ways though? The normal players get the entire current Group Finder to themselves, and the paid carries are on a separate tab. Nobody would advertise on the standard Group Finder, because it'd be obsolete

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly.

The risks shouldn't exist
    No Carries shouldn't exist

- - - Updated - - -

I mean I get it. If you are so broke you need to sell carries to pay for WoW, then spend less time in game and more time working.
    Other than buying tokens, the only other reason you would be selling carries is to sell gold for Cash.
    @KrimzinOG

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpbladez View Post
    sadly i agree should just be outlawed outright, tho i have another solution, if you are reported x times for advertising in the browser your 1dst punishment is a 30 min silence for trade chat increase with repeated offences all the way up to perma mute for the channel

15+ Year Old Account
    It still can, I mean, gold trades are a thing and you can promise anything to anyone. But carries are popular enough to warrant a guarantee, I think
    So cocaine is popular enough to be a huge market, should we legalize that too? Just going by the same mindset...
    @KrimzinOG

Trying to outlaw paid carries is like trying to outlaw prostitution. Regardless of your stance on it, it just doesn't work. That's why the focus should be on protecting the willing parties from scams and providing them with good conditions to engage in their business without annoying other people.

Yes, there should definitely be some separate place for advertising such services. A special tab in the LFG window would be good. Trade chat is untolerable on high pop realms.

So cocaine is popular enough to be a huge market, should we legalize that too? Just going by the same mindset...
    The difference is that Cocaine is actually highly destructive for the body of the buyer. Paid boost harms no one except imagined feeling of value of a mythic raider progressing the content themselves. Still, there are good arguments to be made for cocaine being legal. That way it's not the gangs that make money off of it, it gets taxed and controlled etc.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2020-09-17 at 12:34 AM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

- - - Updated - - -
    If you are so broke you need to sell carries to pay for WoW, then spend less time in game and more time working.
    Carrying is more fun than work.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes.

/tenchar

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Trying to outlaw paid carries is like trying to outlaw prostitution. Regardless of your stance on it, it just doesn't work. That's why the focus should be on protecting the willing parties from scams and providing them with good conditions to engage in their business without annoying other people.

Yes, there should definitely be some separate place for advertising such services. A special tab in the LFG window would be good. Trade chat is untolerable on high pop realms.
    Completely agree. We can never stop it from happening unless Blizzard sets up Warrant to monitor all chat for advertising carries. Even then it would only slow the market.

- - - Updated - - -

Carrying is more fun than work.
    If its so much fun, then do it to help players instead of getting paid for it.
    @KrimzinOG

Other than buying tokens, the only other reason you would be selling carries is to sell gold for Cash.
    Longboi, Leggy boi, profession mats, BoE gear or carries for alts...................................

- - - Updated - - -

If its so much fun, then do it to help players instead of getting paid for it.
    I do. After I earn my token for the month.

15+ Year Old Account
    Longboi, Leggy boi, profession mats, BoE gear or carries for alts...................................
    I call bullshit.. but tell yourself whatever you like.
    Work more play less.
    @KrimzinOG