Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Leak/Rumour: Monster Hunter Rise coming to Switch next year

https://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunt..._leak_spoiler/

"In this trying time I bring you good news, a new Monster Hunter title is coming! It's Monster Hunter Rise and it's coming next year on Nintendo Switch!

It's going to be again heavily inspired by Japan as was MHP3rd. You have a new companion besides palico - a dog that you can ride and he's able to assist you too! Locations are much more open and you can climb seemingly any surface. Also you get a... fairy grappling hook (something like that, you can grapple to anything, even thin air). And yes, it is used in new combos!

There will be new monsters as usual, ones I know are:furry jaggi with scythe at the end of its tail, one looking like a fire brathing crane, second like a platypus Dodogama, and a heavy looking demonlike zinogre with purple fire and spear tail, probably flagship called Magaimagado (western name will ofc be altered). Returning ones are Arzuros, Nerscylla(possibly Shrouded, so I think Khezu too?) and Tobi Kadachi.

Release date is >! 26.03.2021 !< for Japan, don't know about the rest. Also will come three new amiibo, doggo, palico and flagship.

Sound wild doesn't it? Thanks for tuning in, Burshie out!

Oh and the village chief looks like a brother of Admiral of the First Fleet"

Coming from a known leaker who leaked nintendo and capcom stuff before. Not sure how i feel about any form of clutch claw being incorporated into classic monhun as it made most fights in World a total joke but a classic looking/playing option with all the spiders and snakes and the like has been a demand from longtime fans for a hot minute and not having an original 'handheld' monhun this gen has felt like a big missed opportunity for capcom. World is a great game but silently loading in to a group of randos that may as well be npcs just isn't the same as sitting in the same room as friends and playing together. So i can't wait to see more about this if its true and it likely is. I imagine either the nintendo direct or more likely TGS is when we get news for it.

Welp:

Last edited by dope_danny; 2020-09-17 at 02:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm interested, will keep an eye out.

With world being pretty much done (aside from Fatalis in October), it makes sense to announce a new game in the series right around now.

Only for switch is bad news.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Only for switch is bad news.
    Not really, but it is likely going to be more hardcore like the older games were, less of the easy peasy additions World Added.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    After playing world I don’t really think there’s any possibility of me playing any MH off of pc.

Okay so the leak was totally real.
    -Open maps like World
    -Climbing, wall running and 'web slinging' to travel which is why its called Rise
    -As well as Palicos there are ridable dogs called Palamutes
    -hard edo period japan theme like portable third
    -Flagship is a fanged wyvernn like Zinogre called Magnamalo
    -Aknosom is a fire breathing crane
    -Great Izuchi is the hairy jaggi
    -New bloating amphibian monster Tetranadon
    -Turf wars back and expanded on
    -Base is Kamura Village
    -Looks like its set near Yukumo but 50 years after Portable Third
    -Releases March 26th
    -Standard Edition and delux edition
    -Layered armour confirmed
    -3 amiibos confirmed, unlock transmog
    -Compatibility features with Monster Hunter Stories 2.
    -Nintendo Switch Exclusive, intended to be played on the go like the psp/3ds games

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks amazing honestly. And I'm pretty fucking hype about the Palamute. Let's hope they're less restrictive with Layered Armor this time around. I also went ahead and ordered Monster Hunter Stories.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just hope to hell we get some of the clean up of controls that world had. Everytime i go back to an older title i struggle to get my fingers comfortable with the weird controls.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

I don't have Switch, so pass for me. It's a shame, I enjoyed MHW.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Seems like this one is more Japan oriented.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Seems like this one is more Japan oriented.
    There was some stuff back after the Capcom shareholder call confirmed a game exists that rumoured that World was very much a western appeal game and the switch would appeal more to their core domestic audience like Portable third where Yukumo village and the whole 'autumnal tori gate mountains' stuff first showed up. I guess really it just means to two branching series will remain somewhat distinct, world being a bit more western fantasy and switch being "what if Tokiden didn't suck?"

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm definitely going to give this a shot when it comes out. Just hope they keep some of the quality of life changes from World

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    I'm definitely going to give this a shot when it comes out. Just hope they keep some of the quality of life changes from World
    Looks like the world engine so very likely a lot of the nice stuff will be there.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Some new stuff is going to be revealed at TGS but its confirmed its the director of Portable 3rd, Freedom Unit and has the Composer from 4U which personally i consider the best soundtrack in the series.

Also Capcom confirmed this is not a Shrouded Nerscylla in the trailer so the fact theres new spider and owl rigs in the trailer seems to suggest all the archetypes people quite rightly felt were missing from worlds super wyvernn heavy roster are probably coming back and getting new species.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2020-09-18 at 10:18 PM.

Slightly different trailer just got put out for TGS and most of its the same bar some more combat footage. Looks like you can use the wirebug for a sideways dodge-cancel and theres something that looks like using it in an aerial style leap to slam dunk an explosive barrel over a monsters head.

From what most hardcore fans of the series are agreeing on this looks like "aerial style: the game" which is not too surprising since their last game Double Cross/Generations Ultimate had some weapons like Great sword that were so much better in aerial style it made any others redundant. It gives the impression they are going whole character action and using aerial style as a base.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Goddamn the live Gameplay shown at the Tokyo Game show has made me hype as fuck for Rise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly give me a solid lineup of monsters and a good story and this could be my favorite Monster Hunter game. The gimmicks in MHGU and MHWorld were kinda annoying and made the game very one dimensional in some aspects, but this looks like it'll be more of an extension of your weapon's moveset.

I tried getting into the Monster Hunter series including World... just can't make myself to like the games... :/

I know people are hyping the game here and I m sure the game might be nice.... but after MHW why do the graphics of Rise look like a PS2 game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    I know people are hyping the game here and I m sure the game might be nice.... but after MHW why do the graphics of Rise look like a PS2 game?
    Why even make a useless comment like this? For one thing these graphics are far beyond anything that PS2 was capable of. And for another, of course the game isn't going to look like MHW, its a Switch game and Switch isn't as powerful as the systems MHW is available on. Duh?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.