Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Holybeatdown View Post
    Yeah it is really upsetting how Trump keeps all that Anima to himself.
    Exchange Anima for money and expand it from just Trump to the 1 - 10% and yeah, it's not exactly a stretch to make the comparisons.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    ???
    How is it related to the U.S.?
    I hope you're joking, but I fear you're not.

- The cinematic starts off with Garrosh (the American frontline / essential workers ) being milked for their precious resources. From Garrosh it's Anima, but in real life it's the work and health of people being forcefully abused.

- It hits some of the same narrative notes we're hearing in real life: "It is through your faithful work that..." vs "Through the hard work we're thankful for by essential workers we keep things moving."

- Trying to put a "We're on the same team" spin on things: "Even we, the faithful, who extract the Anima have not been spared." vs "Even we, the wealthy are feeling hardships."

- "We're doing everything in our power to gather more Anima" vs "We're doing everything in our power to get you a second stimulus check."

- Later on, another example with "We must all, Rich and Poor, make sacrifices, for the greater good" while the Rich literally sit and drink in the luxury of their fancy parties. The comparison SHOULD be obvious there, but to make it perfectly clear for you, it's the Rich in real life raking in billions off the pandemic while the poor are forced to work in unsafe health conditions to keep things running.

- "In this manner, we will keep this land strong and healthy, despite the efforts of those who would use this Crisis to further their own ends and rebel against the rightful structures of our society." While this is being said, it's literally a poor man, who has next to nothing running up to a campfire with people who have nothing. He is then grabbed up by a big demon and brought before the leader with axe towards his back. This is the biggest and most jarring comparison to me. It feels extremely deliberate and easy to make this comparison; The poor man is the poor working class man, especially the minorities of the US who literally has next to nothing but is expected to give up more. The big demon is the police / military sent in to oppress the opposition and enforce "the rules of society" currently in place. The leader can be clearly interpreted as someone claiming, "law and order" and "business as usual, it's not time for changes" while making sure "his people" aka the rich, are taken care of.

- "I am, after all, nothing but if not compassionate" vs "That means force. Force with compassion but if you're going to have to really do a job, if someone is really bad, you're going to have to do it with real strength... You have to dominate the streets." You can decide which one of those is from real life and which is from game. Which one of those came with a man being pushed out to his death and which one belongs with an example of people being shot with teargas and rubber bullets.

- "We are doing all that can be done to stimulate Anima production." vs "We're doing all that we can to stimulate the American economy."

- "Just follow me into a brighter future" vs "We'll make America great again"

Quote Originally Posted by ognomad View Post
    Sadly, I had this same feeling when I watched and drew the same companions.
    I'm glad someone else sees it the way I do. I thought it was extremely heavy handed with the things it was doing / saying / how they were being said.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Pretty hard to support the covenant that locks up and "milks" the greatest warchief the Horde ever had.
    Thrall isn't dead though, it's Garrosh that's being milked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    i find it hard to believe some random raid from BFA would draw in more players than the battleground patch in classic
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    FruitySalad boy, this is a fantastic thread and is really going places. I just want to make sure I'm on page one of what is bound to be a long lasting and productive thread. It's amazing there are no other threads discussing the squish, as I'm confident you would have just posted in them if they did exist.

Honestly did not enjoy Revendreth as much as the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Exchange Anima for money and expand it from just Trump to the 1 - 10% and yeah, it's not exactly a stretch to make the comparisons.

I hope you're joking, but I fear you're not.

- The cinematic starts off with Garrosh (the American frontline / essential workers ) being milked for their precious resources. From Garrosh it's Anima, but in real life it's the work and health of people being forcefully abused.

- It hits some of the same narrative notes we're hearing in real life: "It is through your faithful work that..." vs "Through the hard work we're thankful for by essential workers we keep things moving."

- Trying to put a "We're on the same team" spin on things: "Even we, the faithful, who extract the Anima have not been spared." vs "Even we, the wealthy are feeling hardships."

- "We're doing everything in our power to gather more Anima" vs "We're doing everything in our power to get you a second stimulus check."

- Later on, another example with "We must all, Rich and Poor, make sacrifices, for the greater good" while the Rich literally sit and drink in the luxury of their fancy parties. The comparison SHOULD be obvious there, but to make it perfectly clear for you, it's the Rich in real life raking in billions off the pandemic while the poor are forced to work in unsafe health conditions to keep things running.

- "In this manner, we will keep this land strong and healthy, despite the efforts of those who would use this Crisis to further their own ends and rebel against the rightful structures of our society." While this is being said, it's literally a poor man, who has next to nothing running up to a campfire with people who have nothing. He is then grabbed up by a big demon and brought before the leader with axe towards his back. This is the biggest and most jarring comparison to me. It feels extremely deliberate and easy to make this comparison; The poor man is the poor working class man, especially the minorities of the US who literally has next to nothing but is expected to give up more. The big demon is the police / military sent in to oppress the opposition and enforce "the rules of society" currently in place. The leader can be clearly interpreted as someone claiming, "law and order" and "business as usual, it's not time for changes" while making sure "his people" aka the rich, are taken care of.

- "I am, after all, nothing but if not compassionate" vs "That means force. Force with compassion but if you're going to have to really do a job, if someone is really bad, you're going to have to do it with real strength... You have to dominate the streets." You can decide which one of those is from real life and which is from game. Which one of those came with a man being pushed out to his death and which one belongs with an example of people being shot with teargas and rubber bullets.

- "We are doing all that can be done to stimulate Anima production." vs "We're doing all that we can to stimulate the American economy."

- "Just follow me into a brighter future" vs "We'll make America great again"

I'm glad someone else sees it the way I do. I thought it was extremely heavy handed with the things it was doing / saying / how they were being said.
    Get a doc asp, you are mixing things...
    Thats a comunism system being used on revendreth...

Quote Originally Posted by Syfus View Post
    Except that Revendreth is a clear aristocratic society, with the nobles BSing the lower classes. Just like the French Old Regime, before the French Revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Syfus View Post
    Communism is literally redistribution of wealth, and power to the working class. How is that Revendreth?

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    Why would they make this one so ... annoying?
    It seemed all the leaders of the covenants were good people, until this. It's like they want no one to like Revendreth.
    It's exactly because they are sadistic pompous asshole that i love the venthyrs .

You can keep your goodie two shoes , thank you very much . I'll be sipping raw anima freshly collected from torturing souls all expac baby !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lohal View Post
    Communism is literally redistribution of wealth, and power to the working class. How is that Revendreth?
    Don't bother . This dude saw the color red so it's communism .

Quote Originally Posted by Lohal View Post
    the manchurians and those who had their private properties and lands taken by the CCP would like to say something
    Lightbound Orcs > High Elves

My Lightbound Orc and Alteraci Human suggestion thread

Blizzard should realize that Alteraci Humans will fulfill the Young Adult Dystopia Anarchy fantasy for Warcraft

"All venthyr are equal, but some venthyr are more equal than others."
    Clearly not communism.

Just got round to watching this. Not the Covenant I want to be in (though I'll bunny hop between all four on my one toon), but gotta love Sire D... he's brilliant. What a total arsehole!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Dunno why some people got such a boner to be just a lowly peon-adventurer.