Page 1 of 19
... LastLast

Raiku and Swapxy getting indefinite ban

So basically someone leaked some vods with some unsavory shit (dropping n-bombs) and Blizz banned the dudes.

Raikus statement: https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sreglf

"I said the n-word one time and one time a modified version of it), but that does not make me a racist." - Lol, stressed out and angry calling someone n-slur as an insult is pretty fucking textbook racist behaviour.

On the one hand, I'm disappointed since these lads have been on top of their game for so long and pretty much the best EU team there is, but on the other hand I'm glad that the deep seeped racism of the WoW scene gets pulled out in the open because no matter what people in denial say, our scene is disgustingly toxic and racist and people use alot of racial slurs like "jew" as insults to this day.

For the last two years my team and I were under the pressure that someone has something against us in their hands and whenever we would say something wrong, they could just release it. Why did this all happen now and not back in the days when those videos were actually recorded, you might ask yourself? After watching the PVP ladder in World of Warcraft being manipulated for years, my team and I decided that the amount of win trading for rank 1 titles has become too much. People that honestly tried to play up their way on the ladder had literally no chance and it also destroyed the game for us that were playing for many years. So we reported the people. And I also made a tweet that included a picture about one of those games. As a result, they leaked the video to pay us back. From my understanding they have recorded everything we privately streamed for the past two years without us knowing.
    Also this is where he just shoots himself on the foot and soils his apology and turns the focus into playing the victim of some dirty scheme.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pvp is toxic, more news at 11. Doesn't make them racist snowflake you've probably dropped n word and fag as much as the rest of us. Welcome to the internet . If my private conversations amongst friends were recorded we would probably be in prison because of retards who take shit seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Pvp is toxic, more news at 11. Doesn't make them racist snowflake you've probably dropped n word and fag as much as the rest of us. Welcome to the internet . If my private conversations amongst friends were recorded we would probably be in prison because of retards who take shit seriously.
    Do you actually believe that most people use the n-word when they're angry? Really? I've never heard someone who I didn't already consider a little bit racist use the n-word in real life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    “I use racist slurs so you must to” isn’t the winning argument your looking for.

This seems like a big nothing. Bliz cutting ties financially would be one thing, but this seems excessive. I'm not even sure Bliz has the right to pull this move since it was done through an out of game source. They can certainly cut sponsoring them in tournaments, but not ban their accounts. Cancel culture is one of the most toxic and evil things permeating society today.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can confirm i've never used those words because i'm not a loathsome person.

I'm sorry but no, I don't have any interest in dropping n bombs during anything. I curse like crazy and am very far from some one who tries to be PC. Its just never been a word i use out of frustration or as an insult in private or public. If you use the n-word as an insult you should probably double check if you are relating that to race being the insult cause it has a strong connection especially in the US.

Sounds like they were banned from competetive WoW and not from playing the game if I got that right. If they straight out banned them from the game it's a pretty dumb move.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; calling someone a nigger isn't and doesn't automatically make you racist.

I've called people all manner of slurs.

But never the n-word, because I might be angry, but I'm not racist and understand the history of the word...

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Sounds like they were banned from competetive WoW and not from playing the game if I got that right. If they straight out banned them from the game it's a pretty dumb move.
    Then I think Bliz was likely in the right. My initial thought was that they banned them from the game entirely.

10+ Year Old Account
    racial slurs are so common that you could think it lost its meaning, those players are simply being a scapegoat for an american company, which as you know is operating in a fairly complicated political environment

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    people use alot of racial slurs like "jew" as insults to this day.
    That and gay, fag, queer, and homo too.....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oishi View Post
    Yeah true, it's ok to use words that people yelled at people when they beat the shit out of them and killed them historically IRL when you're losing to them in videogames.
    100% fact!!!

Who's surprised? This is something Blizzard has done before with Overwatch.

I don't care to punish players for off court behavior, at least not until other options for communication and remediation have failed. But that costs effort and time, valuable resources which Activision Blizzard would rather dedicate towards Bobby Kotick's next sports car.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    This seems more likely.
    Last edited by Keldion; 2020-10-19 at 07:40 PM.
    Back when dot snapshotting was a thing, I wrote this piece of junk.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Do you actually believe that most people use the n-word when they're angry? Really? I've never heard someone who I didn't already consider a little bit racist use the n-word in real life.
    I am not posting in defense of the language used by these 2 but:

I thought I’d offer some insight since I grew up in Sweden and was educated there until I moved to America to live with my Aunt at around 16! ( am 25 now)

We are educated in formal English, but we are not educated in US history. When I was in school, we did not learn anything about segregation in the USA, AA slavery, etc and when I took my last 2 years of school in the USA, both my writing and history classes for 2 years covered it so many times throughout the years. For black history month, I remember we’d spend the whole month.. learning. It opened my eyes because I had never gotten this education until I was 16.

I remember the first time I heard the n word, it was when I was raiding and our guild leader called the boss it after we wiped at 3% or something. Never heard it in my life, I knew he was saying something bad, but I didn’t know what it was. I looked it up and it basically said it was a derogatory word used against African Americans. I didn’t think to look deeper.

I continued to hear the word in vent and it was always used for comedic effect about something or to fake insult a friend.

I began to use the word in the same way. I’m not ashamed of myself, I’m ashamed that I brought myself up in WOW on Eu as a kid because it was a lot of bad influences, but I’m not ashamed that I said something I had no clue what it meant outside what my friends and teammates used it as in game.

Obviously, once I move to the us and began learning in this school system I learned a lot and nobody in my guild on us realms said the n word ever. I never used it again.

I think you should consider that this is their second language and they are professional gamers that probably never even attempted to familiarize themselves with the history. They are morons, yes. They are uneducated, yes. But they might not be racist.

My personal opinion is that the hatred behind swapxy’s tone leads me to believe he’s an ass but Raiku maybe just stupid

10+ Year Old Account
    People that use racial slurs casually when they're angry have those words in the back of their mind already. Maybe they do it because it's super edgy, maybe because they're racist, but the fact is that actual act of throwing that word at someone is a racist act and once you don't car enough to not o things you know are racist are you really any better than a deep-rooted racist?

It's like saying you're not an alcoholic, you just don't care enough to regulate your drinking while regularly getting way too drunk and using it as a reflex coping mechanism. You're an alcoholic whether you accept it or not at that point.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Are you a professional gamer who signed a paid contract to represent a company or brands product? I will assume not. You're a nobody, so no one cares about your private conversations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    I can confirm i've never used those words because i'm not a loathsome person.
    Yeah, I haven't said it since I was in middle school trying to look cool. IM 29 now.

Thanks for this opinion. I literally said the same to my friends and we All agreed. F****** cancel culture where everybody is whines about everything.

Beaides isnt it illegal to rexord ppl against their will? So these Videos may not be right view as proof.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    I'm sorry but no, I don't have any interest in dropping n bombs during anything. I curse like crazy and am very far from some one who tries to be PC. Its just never been a word i use out of frustration or as an insult in private or public. If you use the n-word as an insult you should probably double check if you are relating that to race being the insult cause it has a strong connection especially in the US.
    In germany it isnt viewed this in my opinion. I only know a few Black people which i'm cool with and out of respect i would never ever say this to anyone who might find this offensive. But what i say out of shit talking (not even serious) when i have my crazy minutes with my boys can be something like that.

I would never consider myself a racist and never consider someone a racist that uses some dumb word, your actions and how you treat others will make you one.