Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    well more players will almost 100% mean more people getting glad

obviously when its just 2400 then a lot more people will get glad, but, for example in s15, when r1 was about ~3050 and #1 teams were at around 3250 glad was ~2850 and ~2k people got glad just on EU servers. obviously there are far more people at 2400+ than at 2800+

but then again PVP was much more popular back in the days
    i said that completely wrong. Obvs when dealing with percents more players = more glads, but its still only percent based. Only the top 0.5 % of those players will get it regardless.

so glad this season would have been well over 2800 with top players topping out over 3400 if it were still % based.

At this point, the influx in players is causing MMR and CR to inflate really high making it far easier for people to get to 2400 and therefore, glad. Dont even get me started on the people who got glad due to the "cushion" at 2380 cr. lmao

I have seen numerous people getting glad this season, when before, their highest ever achieved rating was 2k.

So, you have rival skilled players who are pushing glad in a hyper inflated season when glad isnt percent based.

Basically, at this point, glad means nothing. Might as well be duelist if youre between 2400 and 3100 right now. Seriously, thats how big the spread is. theres nearly 1,000 rating seperating "glad" from rank 1. insane.
    Last edited by Recovery; 2020-09-25 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    Basically, at this point, glad means nothing.
    Yep. Not even worth wearing the title. It's a mount achievement these days.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    Yep. Not even worth wearing the title. It's a mount achievement these days.
    Yup, not to mention, it seems as though shadowlands is making it permanent and account bound?

Yup, not to mention, it seems as though shadowlands is making it permanent and account bound?
    What?? That's news to me. AFAIK, only the mount will be account bound in slands.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    What?? That's news to me. AFAIK, only the mount will be account bound in slands.
    i have glad on every character i copy, as well as the mounts

I dont think you understand how this works.

When the title is percent based, MORE PLAYERS =/= more glads. When it is percent based, every new player that enters glad range, raises the cutoff.

With the current system, rating keeps inflating and more players keep getting into range. So for people who arent "good enough" for a % based title, more players = better chance to get glad / more people getting glad.

There are well over 4k people WITH glad in the current season. Ago to arena mate. Click the name, check and see if they have season 4 glad achievement. It's not difficult to research it. Even the last person on the arenamate ladder, who is at 2400 even, has the achiev.

Not "hard to get". If you are duelist experience / skill level from the past, you are glad this season. Pretty reasonable deduction. Its safe to assume that 2400 is 3% of active players currently. Id argue that its actually more like 5-8%, honestly.
    500k players play -> 0.5% get gladiator -> 25k get gladiator
    100k players play -> 0.5% get gladiator -> 5k get gladiator
    How exactly MORE PLAYERS =/= more glads again??

Also, obviously, inflation plays a bigger role now than it did before. Legion S1 had 2.4k cutoff for 0.5%.

As for your last paragraph, even if it were true (although the numbers seem... fictional at best), how is that relevant. Before legion, you consistently had 2k+ gladiators per continent, now you have double that. Yes, there are more, but you're suggesting there are like 10-20x more gladiators now, which is obviously false.

Its only rare because you only get it for the current season and then it goes away if you dont achieve it again the next. lol.

I have 13 glad achievs and 7 rank 1 achievs. rank 1 titles are rare. Glad, not so much, especially now that its basically just duelist.
    I'm comparing it to other titles in the game, and not a one time titles that you can't get again ever like World First Level 80 or something like that. Just regular titles that pop up every season. Probably the hardest to get is rank 1 gladiator, with hall of fame raiding kill second, duelist third and probably rival fourth. And I'm not joking, duelist even currently is harder and rarer than completing all m+15 dungeons in a season or killing last boss on mythic raid (not for hall of fame kill). And those things are the high end content. For most WoW players gladiator's are still WoW gods and something unreachable. But if you want to be fair and treat it like, you know, "only the best should get titles" than Gladiator never meant anything because there were total scrubs getting titles back in the days, either being boosted or playing DK in s5 or something else along those lines and I've seen amazing players that didn't get glad because they didn't care to push and queuedodge all day long or they got screwed by their teammates that had the personal rating for glad and didn't want to play anymore to not risk loosing the team rating. And the three brackets that you mentioned - on my battlegroup rank 2 5v5 wasn't enough to grant glad title. Current system is just better in my opinion because you have a clear goal - reach it and you get a reward, and no I didn't get glad this season. I hate this season and find farming mounts more fun than cheesing spite in every arena.

i said that completely wrong. Obvs when dealing with percents more players = more glads, but its still only percent based. Only the top 0.5 % of those players will get it regardless.

so glad this season would have been well over 2800 with top players topping out over 3400 if it were still % based.

At this point, the influx in players is causing MMR and CR to inflate really high making it far easier for people to get to 2400 and therefore, glad. Dont even get me started on the people who got glad due to the "cushion" at 2380 cr. lmao

I have seen numerous people getting glad this season, when before, their highest ever achieved rating was 2k.

So, you have rival skilled players who are pushing glad in a hyper inflated season when glad isnt percent based.

Basically, at this point, glad means nothing. Might as well be duelist if youre between 2400 and 3100 right now. Seriously, thats how big the spread is. theres nearly 1,000 rating seperating "glad" from rank 1. insane.
    well in wotlk days ppl achieved 3000k rating and 2500-2600 was already glad rating i think. so there was always been a gap between rank 1 and glad. btw dont get distracted from the fact that the pros are pushing 3500 rating NOW and not since the start of the season. there a ppl that are glad for 2 months now when the highest rating was 3100 or something so the gap is so big at this point but it wasnt for the whole season. absterge and other players are still at 2900 on some alts and you have to consider that. its my first season in wow that pushed 2600 raiting, before that i was at 2333 max cr in bfa season 1, so i got a big push but i would say its because i play with alot better mates and i stepped my game up. still there are alot of ppl that are not worth the 2400 achievement, we saw so many locks and dh's that didnt know shit it was unbelievable but we farmed these teams.
    btw when you are at 2600-2700 mmr for the first time its kinda crazy how you face rank1 all the way. from infernion, to loveless or Tana and others, we faced really alot of them so its no cakewalk up then.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyswayzee View Post
    well in wotlk days ppl achieved 3000k rating and 2500-2600 was already glad rating i think. so there was always been a gap between rank 1 and glad. btw dont get distracted from the fact that the pros are pushing 3500 rating NOW and not since the start of the season. there a ppl that are glad for 2 months now when the highest rating was 3100 or something so the gap is so big at this point but it wasnt for the whole season. absterge and other players are still at 2900 on some alts and you have to consider that. its my first season in wow that pushed 2600 raiting, before that i was at 2333 max cr in bfa season 1, so i got a big push but i would say its because i play with alot better mates and i stepped my game up. still there are alot of ppl that are not worth the 2400 achievement, we saw so many locks and dh's that didnt know shit it was unbelievable but we farmed these teams.
    btw when you are at 2600-2700 mmr for the first time its kinda crazy how you face rank1 all the way. from infernion, to loveless or Tana and others, we faced really alot of them so its no cakewalk up then.
    I've seen so many locks, DKs and other classes in TBC and WotLK with gladiator titles that didn't know shit either. Game is not balanced and you always had and always will have scrubs that get on a fotm train and/or get boosted.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuciek View Post
    I've seen so many locks, DKs and other classes in TBC and WotLK with gladiator titles that didn't know shit either. Game is not balanced and you always had and always will have scrubs that get on a fotm train and/or get boosted.
    True words! but that makes this topic kinda nonsense. you will have noobs that get boosted and you will always have a gap between rank1 and glad. if its 400 points or 800 does this really make a difference? when you are a "skilled" player you will easily see if your mate is truely be able to reach glad in the next season again or not. and if you see fotm classes of the last patch you can almost always decrease there exp by 200-400 points.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyswayzee View Post
    True words! but that makes this topic kinda nonsense. you will have noobs that get boosted and you will always have a gap between rank1 and glad. if its 400 points or 800 does this really make a difference? when you are a "skilled" player you will easily see if your mate is truely be able to reach glad in the next season again or not. and if you see fotm classes of the last patch you can almost always decrease there exp by 200-400 points.
    I agree that this topic is nonsense. I know those titles mean something but not as much as some people want them to mean. They're not as elite, never been and never will be. If we have a player that competes in tourneys or had glad in 10 seasons we can say he's top notch player, but other than that? It's an unbalanced video game and if someone is not competing for those r1 or on tournaments it doesn't matter what titles he has, or what rating he's at. Someone bragging that he's a glad and he is better than duelists is like challenger bragging that he's better than combatant. It doesn't matter if it's 0.5% or 1% or 2% of pop that will get glad because it's still very little and in comparison, current rivals play better than glads in TBC in many cases. Who the hell fakecasted or swd polly in TBC? You're not getting out of rival bracket without those "basic" skills right now (unless you play warlock and 1shot everything with chaosbolt or other fotm).

Anyway my point is - everyone should just focus on having fun and stop being butthurt because someone else got a title in a video game. And if someone wants to show he's such a pro, and he's better than all those scrubs with bfa glad titles - go ahead and try your luck with AWC or at least r1 title.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuciek View Post
    I agree that this topic is nonsense. I know those titles mean something but not as much as some people want them to mean. They're not as elite, never been and never will be. If we have a player that competes in tourneys or had glad in 10 seasons we can say he's top notch player, but other than that? It's an unbalanced video game and if someone is not competing for those r1 or on tournaments it doesn't matter what titles he has, or what rating he's at. Someone bragging that he's a glad and he is better than duelists is like challenger bragging that he's better than combatant. It doesn't matter if it's 0.5% or 1% or 2% of pop that will get glad because it's still very little and in comparison, current rivals play better than glads in TBC in many cases. Who the hell fakecasted or swd polly in TBC? You're not getting out of rival bracket without those "basic" skills right now (unless you play warlock and 1shot everything with chaosbolt or other fotm).

Anyway my point is - everyone should just focus on having fun and stop being butthurt because someone else got a title in a video game. And if someone wants to show he's such a pro, and he's better than all those scrubs with bfa glad titles - go ahead and try your luck with AWC or at least r1 title.
    yeah i mean thats why the gladiator titel is only for that season, as long as you are not competing for the rank1 titles you have nothing to brag about. sure you are better as the titles below you but its only good for the average playerbase. when we faced rank1 we had some close games that were most likely our comp being better but we also had games where we just thought : well okay we will never win this with our playstyle/exp" and thats where you get grounded^^

and yeah the skillcap is set higher over the last expansions as you said with swd and fake casting, it was much more simple back then. i'm happy to see TBC server will be a thing in the future to refresh the experience in areas from back then and how comps will change because the overall playerbase is much more skilled and maybe see some new comps that will shine because of that.

At this point, I'm pretty sure Glad is the equivalent of Rival in the previous system. There are a LOT of players I know of that were stuck in Challenger / Rival range for 15 years and scored their first Gladiator title in BfA.

it would be difficult to find out how many people got glad because it requires 50 wins.
    Requires 50wins yet u get a chance to clean all content

3+ Year Old Account
    it would be difficult to find out how many people got glad.