Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #81
    The Lightbringer The-Shan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Badlands
    Posts
    3,741
    Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    How about you go and get it now instead of crying for something that is within your control? If you are that close, you should need less than 50 matches and have already achieved 2.4k rating. If not, then you are not close and no one cares.
    nah I'm 72% through it, I'll definitely get it if it isn't just suddenly dropped on us with zero warning. I dont need 14 days, 7 would do though
    thinly veiled high elf thread

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Ya I would tell them about the gitches I find but I pay THEM to play THEIR game, if they want to give me free game time I could make a huge list of bugs that still exist but what is the point, all my free feedback from BfA was ignored and could have fixed like 90% of the issues they had at launch. A lot of players have legitimately good ideas that they just gloss over because of pride, maybe Ion should take Garrosh' place in Ravendreth I bet with him alone it would save the Shadowlands based on his level of pride lmao.
    I wonder why people takes it so personally when a company appears to have ignored users feedback. Based on what? Simply the company did not respond in the way the people expected? Or did not implement the changes the player suggested (I use this loosely)?

    I am sure lots of players suggested ideas. But the word "good" is subjective and usually it is good for them. It may not necessary be good for the game as a whole or for others. Blizzard could have different views on the matter as well.

    A friend I know who has experience in game development tells me that changes, even moderate ones, close to release is dangerous since it can have unknown impact in other parts of the game. This is especially true for DLC, or in the case of WoW, content patches which are designed based what has already been created. So changing them is either impossible or too risky to undertake.

    Feedback are just that. Feedback. It is not, never was, instruction back to Blizzard on what they should do to the game.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    surely it's less about "2 weeks" and more about "2 resets"
    People have been screaming that since Tuesday the 15th didn't have an announcement, it couldn't POSSIBLY be the 29th.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    You clearly didnt take the time to read the post before you replied.
    I'm not going to read a crap clickbait post with a title that implies the poster is talking about this upcoming Tuesday.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

    Zyky is better than you.

  5. #85
    Herald of the Titans Lora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Some random weird place
    Posts
    2,839
    they tend to give 11-14 days notice for pre patches because of end of season shit and other shit that gets removed/nerfed to the ground/made impossible.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    People have been screaming that since Tuesday the 15th didn't have an announcement, it couldn't POSSIBLY be the 29th.
    if they had announced today, it couldve been the 29th. its now looking at being an october release for the pre patch which is gonna make it the shortest pre patch we have had to date since the we've typically had 4 week pre patches, the longest ever being 8 weeks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    if they had announced today, it couldve been the 29th. its now looking at being an october release for the pre patch which is gonna make it the shortest pre patch we have had to date since the we've typically had 4 week pre patches, the longest ever being 8 weeks.
    I mean, when I thought about it - they are running the Impressive Influence buff through the end of September. Doesn't make sense to have it last until a day after pre-patch, when a lot of returning people would find out the buff was disappearing in less than 24 hours. Better to have it end, pre-patch launch, and avoid the topic alltogether.

    October 6th is my new guess if I had to make one. It has to be the 6th.

  7. #87
    OP, they're not doing prepatch in 2 releases. They may time gate the quests one week after the other but there is no 2 prepatches. The 1st week of quests as well as class changes, level squish, and customisations all come on the day of prepatch. They may open up the second part, which is also the last part, of quests on the 2nd week of prepatch.

    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    I hope we get our 2 weeks notice. i'm so close to getting the mount, if I lose out on it because blizz decides not to warn us, I'll be a bit disappointed.
    You've had months to get it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    if they had announced today, it couldve been the 29th. its now looking at being an october release for the pre patch which is gonna make it the shortest pre patch we have had to date since the we've typically had 4 week pre patches, the longest ever being 8 weeks.
    Considering there isn't any content besides a few quests, I wouldn't be surprised if it was 2 or 3 weeks of prepatch
    Last edited by Sharnie786; 2020-09-18 at 06:24 AM.
    Night Elves NEED long hair to the ground and more elegant/regal beautiful options to show their Highbourne heritage

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    I wonder why people takes it so personally when a company appears to have ignored users feedback. Based on what? Simply the company did not respond in the way the people expected? Or did not implement the changes the player suggested (I use this loosely)?

    I am sure lots of players suggested ideas. But the word "good" is subjective and usually it is good for them. It may not necessary be good for the game as a whole or for others. Blizzard could have different views on the matter as well.

    A friend I know who has experience in game development tells me that changes, even moderate ones, close to release is dangerous since it can have unknown impact in other parts of the game. This is especially true for DLC, or in the case of WoW, content patches which are designed based what has already been created. So changing them is either impossible or too risky to undertake.

    Feedback are just that. Feedback. It is not, never was, instruction back to Blizzard on what they should do to the game.
    What is the fucking point in having a beta and asking for feedback then? there isn't lol. They may as well hire like 100 in-house testers and never ask us anything.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - Sire Denathrius confirmed to have created the Dreadlords.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    nah I'm 72% through it, I'll definitely get it if it isn't just suddenly dropped on us with zero warning. I dont need 14 days, 7 would do though
    Oh it's just the seasonal mount of 3s? Lol, definitely on you if you don't get it.

  10. #90
    Stood in the Fire Krimzin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I'm not going to read a crap clickbait post with a title that implies the poster is talking about this upcoming Tuesday.
    Then dont post stupid shit if you aren't going to take the time to read the fact that I said exactly the same thing. Just makes you look ignorant.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever
    Go Fast or Go Slow

    Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station Light or Battle Station Dark




  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by zolfare View Post
    Seriously? You have had allll expansion to work on it and you know that the pre-patch comes out about 1 month before the expansion. Sometimes a week or 2 earlier than that 1 month. If you want to complain about not getting it done, you should just complain to yourself for not putting in a bit more time.
    Most people assumed it wouldn't be removed they have never removed a vendor mount before. It was only made clear it was getting removed after the beta launch and people discovered it was a feat of strength and not everyone is great at making gold.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    We know they are breaking prepatch into 2 sections. Level Squish/ability changes/corruption removal all on one and more than likely all the cosmetic stuff on the other.
    They have always given 2 weeks notice on end of season, so there is no way its coming Tuesday, but the Cosmetic portion could along with notice of main pre patch on Sep 29th.

    Seems viable.
    Possible, but PvP'ers have not received their usual "Two week warning" for end of season.

  13. #93
    Banned tamarin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    near your corpse, spamming my sap macro
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    The broke prepatch into 2 sections for PTR, they have never done that in the past.
    this is just an indication that they are pressed for time and need a separate branch to stabilize the pre-patch bc they need extra weeks to stabilize sl content

    deciding to split the work into 2 branches at the eleventh hour is drastic and not something that the devs are likely to be happy about, working on two branches at the same time on a AAA game is a fucking nightmare, especially when both branches are in the last phase of stabilization before shipping.

    so if the development process is in a difficult situation it's kinda nuts to expect that there is no chance that they'll make concessions to their usual release schedule. I can imagine the team being eager to get 9.0.1 out the door to be able to focus on a single dev branch until release

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    It is probably the same glitch as they do like to copy and paste code (as all coders do) which means any problems that existed before will persist.
    Not sure what the point of saying something so obviously wrong is. I mean you do seem rather upset by all this but why go after programmers(i assume thats what you meant by "coders")

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Most people assumed it wouldn't be removed they have never removed a vendor mount before. It was only made clear it was getting removed after the beta launch and people discovered it was a feat of strength and not everyone is great at making gold.
    They removed some of the original vendor mounts actually. Also some of the pvp mounts that where obtained from a vendor

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Not sure what the point of saying something so obviously wrong is. I mean you do seem rather upset by all this but why go after programmers(i assume thats what you meant by "coders")

    - - - Updated - - -



    They removed some of the original vendor mounts actually. Also some of the pvp mounts that where obtained from a vendor

    They removed the original epic mounts in vanilla because they retooled them and put armor on they haven't removed mounts since.

  16. #96
    If its not on Tuesday there better be a Maw Cinematic

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    They removed the original epic mounts in vanilla because they retooled them and put armor on they haven't removed mounts since.
    Also some of the pvp mounts that where obtained from a vendor

    ?? I'm sure there is more, this is just on the top of my head

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I'm not going to read a crap clickbait post with a title that implies the poster is talking about this upcoming Tuesday.
    Dang straight, who the hell reads the post they are responding to?

  19. #99
    a one week pre patch wouldn't feel weird to me at all
    pre patch always felt like some filler anyway
    a week is more than enough to get used to the class changes...a release early october seems less and less likely, shadowlands is still far from now

  20. #100
    October 6 is very likely.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •