3+ Year Old Account

[Shadowlands Blood DK] How do these conduits work?

Insatiable Appetite
    Death Strike's minimum healing is increased by 1.0%.

At max rank it's 8%. Does this chance Death Strike from healing for at minimum 7% of max health to 15% or is it 7*1.08=7.56?
    I assume it's the former.
    If it is indeed the former, I think Bryndaor's Might would be a great Legendary effect.

Bryndaor's Might - Death Strike refunds 15% of Runic Power spent if it heals you for more than 10% of your maximum health.

But what about the Venthyr ability conduit?

Impenetrable Gloom
    Swarming Mist's damage and dodge chance is increased by 5.0% for the first 4 sec.

It becomes 30% at max rank. Does that make Swarming Mist grant 40% dodge for 4 sec or 13%?

Looks like Bryndaor's Might will be the must have legendary if you fight hard hitting solo target bosses maybe Phearomones will be a bit better since you stay all the time in your DnD anyway + it can stun random for 3 sec.
    The 10% haste will help with dmg output and rune reg. and that also leads to more runepower to spend.

Voracious your level 45 Talent will also be buffed, it gives now a flat 20% healing incease for your Death Strike + the 15% Leech.

Impenetrable Gloom is just 4 sec. and yes its 40% overall.

I will still go Night Fae since Deaths Due is just to strong.
    15% dmg reduction + 15% strenght + it can random reset and on a short cd anyway and with Phearomones its outstanding.
    Nightweaver also offers very good soulbinds with a 5% haste buff, 5% versi, 2 def skills, autocast slowfall and a cheat death every 30 minutes.
    With the 2 def skills you can also get Blood Bond that heals your party with flat 15% of their health every 25sec. when you use Rune Tap.

Also dont forget you get a second sprint ^^.
    Last edited by Miyagie; 2020-09-19 at 06:30 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just discovered the other day you can get 2 charges on Door of Shadows. The choice is getting more difficult, as BDK anyway.
    If you wanted to make your own M+ groups and have an all Door of Shadows group and you're a Venthyr tank... Yeah. This is one edge Venthyr has over Night Fae, no matter how strong they are. Plus Swarming Mist isn't a joke and enables Bonestorm and Breath, it's competing with DD.

The more I think about Door of Shadows, the more I want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    snip

I will still go Night Fae since Deaths Due is just to strong.
    15% dmg reduction + 15% strenght + it can random reset and on a short cd anyway and with Phearomones its outstanding.
    Nightweaver also offers very good soulbinds with a 5% haste buff, 5% versi, 2 def skills, autocast slowfall and a cheat death every 30 minutes.
    With the 2 def skills you can also get Blood Bond that heals your party with flat 15% of their health every 25sec. when you use Rune Tap.

Also dont forget you get a second sprint ^^.
    I don't really understand the DD tooltip. How does it equate to 15% DR and 15% strength?
    From Wowhead -
    "Enemies damaged deal 1% reduced damage to you, up to a maximum of 15% and their power is transferred to you as an equal amount of Strength."

Quote Originally Posted by Freds1234 View Post
    I don't really understand the DD tooltip. How does it equate to 15% DR and 15% strength?
    From Wowhead -
    "Enemies damaged deal 1% reduced damage to you, up to a maximum of 15% and their power is transferred to you as an equal amount of Strength."
    Each time your DD deals dmg you get a stack and that gives you 1% strenght and dmg reduction and refreshed the uptime to 15 sec. (so it ramps up fast and wont run out).

Each time your DD deals dmg you get a stack and that gives you 1% strenght and dmg reduction and refreshed the uptime to 15 sec. (so it ramps up fast and wont run out).
    The damage reduce should be a stack on enemies, which means in dungeons it is not constantly at 15%, in raids it's obviously pretty fast at 15%.
    The 15% strength buff is on yourself, so it usually is at 15% for quite a hugh amount of time, even in dungeons.

3+ Year Old Account
    My consideration for Venthyr is both Door and Swarming Mist appeal to me more than an enhanced D&D.
    Draven's Hold Your Ground, Enduring Gloom and then Service In Stone stacking with Will of the Necropolis feels a lot better for me.
    Door will make up for the severe lack of mobility in our kit, Enduring Gloom makes it even stronger. Swarming Mist gives us a great defensive + aoe + runic power ability on a decent cooldown.

I read that Bryndaor's Might will likely be the best Legendary pick with Superstrain close behind. Phearomones might be nice for M+ and add-heavy raid fights, but I'm not a fan of stacking every buff possible onto a single ability (especially D&D).

Also Venthyr theme and transmog weighs heavily into my choice. Night Fae are great, the Plate Armor isn't (for DK at least).
    Last edited by Artale; 2020-09-19 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    The damage reduce should be a stack on enemies, which means in dungeons it is not constantly at 15%, in raids it's obviously pretty fast at 15%.
    The 15% strength buff is on yourself, so it usually is at 15% for quite a hugh amount of time, even in dungeons.
    The wording is confusing, but it does stack to 15% on a single target. I've tested this on a dummy in beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Arawrabearialis View Post
    The wording is confusing, but it does stack to 15% on a single target. I've tested this on a dummy in beta.
    Ofc it stacks on 15 on a single target, but it has to stack on each one individually. There isn't a stack on yourself that reduces the damage, like it is with the strength buff. This means, it isn't a full 15% dmg reduce in dungeons, as most trash is dying way before it stacked that high.
    The one I replied said that you get both stacks, which is just wrong.
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2020-09-20 at 08:21 AM.

Ofc it stacks on 15 on a single target, but it has to stack on each one individually. There isn't a stack on yourself that reduces the damage, like it is with the strength buff. This means, it isn't a full 15% dmg reduce in dungeons, as most trash is dying way before it stacked that high.
    The one I replied said that you get both stacks, which is just wrong.
    In M+ you will have enough time since mobs dont die so fast.

In M+ you will have enough time since mobs dont die so fast.
    Oh yeah, 15 secs for stacking to 15% at trash that in most keys doesnt live (depending on key level) more than 20ish seconds. That's def a perma 15% dmg reduce.
    It's good in M+ because of the instant 15% strength you get when you fight trash (more ticks = quicker strength stacks), but the defensive stack is worse in m+ than in raids, as you constantly play without a high amount of these, while fighting a raidboss it's up for the whole fight (just needing 15 secs to stack, that's all).
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2020-09-20 at 01:34 PM.

Oh yeah, 15 secs for stacking to 15% at trash that in most keys doesnt live (depending on key level) more than 20ish seconds. That's def a perma 15% dmg reduce.
    It's good in M+ because of the instant 15% strength you get when you fight trash (more ticks = quicker strength stacks), but the defensive stack is worse in m+ than in raids, as you constantly play without a high amount of these, while fighting a raidboss it's up for the whole fight (just needing 15 secs to stack, that's all).
    Since i dont play with the uber DDs i think at 9-10+ the mobs will have a good uptime.

Since i dont play with the uber DDs i think at 9-10+ the mobs will have a good uptime.
    Just remember there is a timer. You have only "so much" time for each trashpack. Even IF you take more than 30 seconds on a trashpack at these keylevels, it's still less than 50% uptime for the full 15% stack.

Just remember there is a timer. You have only "so much" time for each trashpack. Even IF you take more than 30 seconds on a trashpack at these keylevels, it's still less than 50% uptime for the full 15% stack.
    There's literally no reason to let it fall off if you're staying in combat for that long.

Either way, you're not technically losing anything without it, you're just gaining an additional 15% dmg reduction if you keep it up. And it is definitely the easiest Cov ability to maintain.
    Last edited by Arawrabearialis; 2020-09-20 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arawrabearialis View Post
    There's literally no reason to let it fall off if you're staying in combat for that long.

Either way, you're not technically losing anything without it, you're just gaining an additional 15% dmg reduction if you keep it up. And it is definitely the easiest Cov ability to maintain.
    No one said anything about letting it drop. It isn't possible to let it drop.
    The damage reduce is on enemies. Ofc it isn't at 15 stacks all the time in dungeons... 15 sec for the 15% dmg reduce, counting at THIS moment it is a full stack, if an enemy lives for 30 seconds, it's "just" a 50% active 15% dmg reduce. Most trash will NOT live that long on lower keys -> less than 50% active 15% reduce.
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2020-09-20 at 10:23 PM.

So, nobody is able to answer his first question?

Quote Originally Posted by reauxmont View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Artale View Post
    Insatiable Appetite
    Death Strike's minimum healing is increased by 1.0%.

At max rank it's 8%. Does this chance Death Strike from healing for at minimum 7% of max health to 15% or is it 7*1.08=7.56?
    I assume it's the former.
    If it is indeed the former, I think Bryndaor's Might would be a great Legendary effect.

Bryndaor's Might - Death Strike refunds 15% of Runic Power spent if it heals you for more than 10% of your maximum health.
    Yes, it works like "7% before, up to 15% after". But in fact this is bad and useless conduit, outside probably some edge pvp cases.
    The reason is that in real scenario your DS will almost always heal you for more than 10% hp
    Moreover, there is a hidden second effect on Voracious (not reflected in the tooltip) - +50% to minimum DS healing, so DS will heal by at least 10.5% with Voracious talent.

Thus, this conduit could be useful in pvp (blood pvp kek), but will have almost zero impact in pve.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by porubezhnik View Post
    Yes, it works like "7% before, up to 15% after". But in fact this is bad and useless conduit, outside probably some edge pvp cases.
    The reason is that in real scenario your DS will almost always heal you for more than 10% hp
    Moreover, there is a hidden second effect on Voracious (not reflected in the tooltip) - +50% to minimum DS healing, so DS will heal by at least 10.5% with Voracious talent.

Thus, this conduit could be useful in pvp (blood pvp kek), but will have almost zero impact in pve.
    Thanks for the clarification isn't it 20% as listed in the talent though? That'd make it 8.4%, which is still nice.

Quote Originally Posted by reauxmont View Post
    Thanks