Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Spoiling your kid(s) with whatever they want is abusive IMO.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    You sound like a petulant child complaining that your phone got taken away because you did something stupid because you were told you did something wrong, and somehow because you disagree with it being "wrong" you consider all of this "abuse."

All of which is the hallmark of an entitled child...acting like an entitled child, which is deserving of this kind of discipline. Fuck you Karen.
    He has a very colorful post history.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah fuck that. If you're going to act like a little shit I'm going to punish you like a little shit. You love to text and use social media on your phone? You love to play your video games? Well don't like act an entitled little shit or else I'm going to take away all those things and who knows you may never get it back especially if I payed for it. If you really piss me off prepare to have a red ass.

Kids these days need to learn about respect and consideration from an early age. If I were a parent I wouldn't put up with the bratty bullshit. I'm the Alpha in the house.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Or even worse, the sort of person who uses "soy boy" unironically.

- - - Updated - - -

"They fuck you up, your mum and dad.
    They may not mean to, but they do.
    They fill you with the faults they had
    And add some extra, just for you.

But they were fucked up in their turn
    By fools in old-style hats and coats,
    Who half the time were soppy-stern
    And half at one another’s throats.

Man hands on misery to man.
    It deepens like a coastal shelf.
    Get out as early as you can,
    And don’t have any kids yourself."
    I didn't know the Child-free death cult had an anthem

My kid is only a bit over 1 and all we do is raise the voice a tiny bit and do a "nono" finger, if she keep doing it we carry her and listen to music.

Not sure how we will handle tings in the future, I grow up in Sweden so for me hitting is out of the question (apart from tiny that dont actually hurt at all), but my fiance is filipina and she grew up with physical punishment. If Im in change I will mainly remove toys or simular, if she break something simply not buy her things for awhile so that she becomes more careful and learn that things cost money.

(One story I heared really stays in my mind, dont know if its true or not. A boy got angry playing computer games and broke his screen. As punishment he had to work around the house and at relatives to buy a new one. Sometime after that he was found dead in his room, he had broken the screen again). So I will have that in mind trying to raise he so she always feel safe to come and tell me anything, whatever she done or someone done to her.

But to be honest i am more worried about how she will be treated and what she will be forced to learn in school. In Sweden homeschooling is not allowed, ever and the kids are forced to attend school no matter what. The Swedish school have gone downhill and we have alot of bullying and rape.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post

Being denied toys, money, games... sometimes being verbally and even physically abused... it’s no wonder most depressives’ source is bad parenting.
    Being denied things is a key element in learning concepts of delayed gratification, which is key for being a functional human.

Verbal and physical abuse...is a problem, but I'd like for you to first define what verbal and physical abuse mean for you.