Thread: Emulators fine?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Emulators are fine, but you should avoid sites that ask money to use them (because they are 100% fake).
    Also ROMs are legal as you can by a law make one copy of your video game (if a game cannot be put on cd due to other ways, roms are a way to go). Since you usual own a part of purchase code (old games used those passwords to register your games), your copy will be unique.

Games may be made for playstation, but all games are made on PC before that .

Here is a guide of how to make your playstation games legal to use:

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    My mom gave away my ps2 without asking, so... I’m asking here if emulators are okay. Are they bad your PC? If not, what are the best ps1 and ps2 emulators? Roms?
    You'd have to try very hard to find a sketchy emulator. Most PCs should be able to handle PS1 and PS2 emulation for free. Last I checked, PCSX2 is the best PS2 emulator and I believe it runs PS1 games as well. You can run either .iso disc images, or should be able to actually pop in your PS1 and PS2 games if you still have them around and your PC has a dvd drive.

You may have to track down a bios file, which is a little tougher to come by, but still shouldn't be too hard. And there is nothing illegal with emulation if you own the games you're playing on them, if that is anything you're concerned about.