Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Old God Mirishka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Get off my lawn!
    Posts
    10,587
    Quote Originally Posted by El Caballero de Olmedo View Post
    A thought occured to me. What if there were some kind of secret exclusive titles that would be given to those who never changed Covenants during the full expansion of Shadowlands? Something along the lines of "for those of you who kept a strongfast allegiance to your chosen Covenant, here is a special reward".

    These titles would be given at the end of the expansion, or even at the beginning of the next, as some kind of reward for keeping to one covenant. As many people would benefit from changing covenant for many different reasons, this would be a nice little compensation of not doing so.

    What do you think? Would this be a neat idea or not?

    Is a little flavour always nice, or would this create problems once the expansion has ended "because I dont have that and others do and I wasnt told about it"? (I'm thinking of the world first titles and how they don't do it anymore)

    Let's discuss!
    Limited time stuff that no one knows about is probably a bad idea yes.

    Because if it ends up being an awesome title that sounds cool, people are gonna be pissssssed they didn't know about it.
    My greatest fear is that one day, my MMO-Champion ignore list will run out of space.

  2. #22
    I would rather have rewards tied to deterministic tasks rather then applied randomly at a later date...

  3. #23
    I'd be up for it, I can see blizzard making them per character rather than account wide though

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    If you pick a covenant that makes you perform bad it's not that I think you're bad, you're just subjectively bad. It's as easy as that.
    You should not be rewarded for being bad.
    translation: "People don't play the way I demand them to play, so they suck".. ok thank you for your contribution!

  4. #24
    I do not like limited time things or rewards after the fact. Having said that... if it became known during the last patch it would be easy enough to level an alt and park them with one covenant so I don't see the issue. At the same time it would make it a pretty pointless achievement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    If you pick a covenant that makes you perform bad it's not that I think you're bad, you're just subjectively bad. It's as easy as that.
    You should not be rewarded for being bad.
    WHo made you sole arbiter of who is good or bad? Because all youa re saying is "Play the way I do or you are bad".
    Players are not bad simply because they don't play the way you do.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    I do not like limited time things or rewards after the fact. Having said that... if it became known during the last patch it would be easy enough to level an alt and park them with one covenant so I don't see the issue. At the same time it would make it a pretty pointless achievement.
    The idea is that Blizzard doesn't say anything the entire expansion, puts it in your title list onr day onr of the pre-patch for the following expansion, then announces it day one pre-patch goes live. It is every easy to avoid that.

  6. #26
    I strongly disagree here. And, I'm not even opposed to the covenant "lock". I simply don't want people to feel stuck with their choice for two years.

    Tuning will happen, boredom will happen, experimentation will happen. People should be able to swap if they want to.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by freddy090909 View Post
    I strongly disagree here. And, I'm not even opposed to the covenant "lock". I simply don't want people to feel stuck with their choice for two years.

    Tuning will happen, boredom will happen, experimentation will happen. People should be able to swap if they want to.
    I disagree. People need to have things that they have to choose between. This handing everything to everyone mentality has led to player entitlement that has massively harmed the game. Yo don't have to be a max output player to complete the content. You can live just fine with slightly less output.

  8. #28
    Immortal Nnyco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Haomarush
    Posts
    7,024
    Iunno, sounds pretty shitty to punish people that were unsure where to go or try min/maxing.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

  9. #29
    Legendary! Ealyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Switzerland, Geneva
    Posts
    6,056
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    I disagree. People need to have things that they have to choose between. This handing everything to everyone mentality has led to player entitlement that has massively harmed the game. Yo don't have to be a max output player to complete the content. You can live just fine with slightly less output.
    People can't stand even the slightest frustration nowadays.
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    nazi is not the abbreviation of national socialism....
    When googling 4 letters is asking too much fact-checking.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    I disagree. People need to have things that they have to choose between. This handing everything to everyone mentality has led to player entitlement that has massively harmed the game. Yo don't have to be a max output player to complete the content. You can live just fine with slightly less output.
    I said I wasn't opposed to the lock. I'm perfectly fine with the 1 week delay between swaps. I don't want people to feel forced to swap to min-max everything like crazy.

    What I am against is a two year long lock. Restricting any kind of experimentation at all is just ridiculous and reduces fun.

  11. #31
    Pandaren Monk taishar68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV USA
    Posts
    1,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    If you pick a covenant that makes you perform bad it's not that I think you're bad, you're just subjectively bad. It's as easy as that.
    You should not be rewarded for being bad.
    We should really look back in a year or so and see if the disparity was really as bad as many people thought it would be. Suboptimal does not mean bad, and I am confident that regardless of which covenant you choose you will play the game just fine.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the last act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

  12. #32
    I would be ok with this under one condition. Have it tied to doing X amount of weekly events for Y covenant. Someone who stuck with the same covenant (and was active with them almost every week) would unlock the title towards the end of the expansion. Those where bounced around for min-maxing could still get the title in years to come if they care enough to go back weekly and do the event enough times. Also, those who play only one character could (in theory) get all of the titles over time.

  13. #33
    a collectible that is added/known after being able to complete it is particularly bad design in my opinion

  14. #34
    Stood in the Fire Lady Atia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    402
    They deleted the Death Knight and Priest hidden achievements from Legion because "people who didn't know they exist could have missed out on them", and that's also the reason we never got anything from keeping the gift of N'Zoth - so no, current Blizzard wouldn't do anything like that OP :X

  15. #35
    I always felt like they should allow us to ally with a new covenant each tier, until we have the full range of all covenants during the last patch, where you can change which ability to use on a whim.

    Example, you join Kyrian at the start, then 9.1 you join Venthyr (can freely swap between the two), 9.2 join Night Fae (freely swap between the 3), and finally in 9.3 join the Necrolords, opening up all 4 for you to play with. Or do it in whichever order you prefer.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    They deleted the Death Knight and Priest hidden achievements from Legion because "people who didn't know they exist could have missed out on them", and that's also the reason we never got anything from keeping the gift of N'Zoth - so no, current Blizzard wouldn't do anything like that OP :X
    Curious, what DK and Priest achievements? Never heard of them

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    a collectible that is added/known after being able to complete it is particularly bad design in my opinion
    Well, I got a nice Orc rider out of the blue for being subbed 10 years in a row.

    The idea of not telling players and giving a special title after two years is quite nice I think. Most people would get it without even trying on some Alt they level and forget, can't see anything bad about it.

  18. #38
    didn't really watched/read all the patch notes but i think there should be "war" like state between covenants, something like alliance vs horde. So that when you encounter someone from different one you can PvP if its pvp realm or if you enabled it. And that if you start with one you are hated by others and you need to do some 2-3 weeks of quests in order to get to friendly.
    But as for hidden title, neah you shouldnt be rewarded that....

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Well, I got a nice Orc rider out of the blue for being subbed 10 years in a row.

    The idea of not telling players and giving a special title after two years is quite nice I think. Most people would get it without even trying on some Alt they level and forget, can't see anything bad about it.
    that is not really an in game collectible. and there's many way it can go wrong, for instance collectors might not want to trigger an achievement on someone else than their main (achievements are tied to characters as proven by names when you hover on the achievement, unlike mounts and transmog)
    a game shall have clear objectives, missables and unintended collectible makes the game hardly completable, terrible game design.

  20. #40
    Stood in the Fire Lady Atia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    402
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Curious, what DK and Priest achievements? Never heard of them
    The DK one:
    https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/top...ength-removal/

    Xal'atath also had two achievements where you had to be killed by Odyn and Elune after some random dialog in HoV/ToS, which got removed with BfA pre-patch sadly.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •