Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Have you ever heard anything about roleplaying?! We are speaking about a mmorpg video game which is not only about min-maxing and being a recountboi ! staying loyal to a covenant is a cool idea and is about focusing on other aspects of a mmorpg game !

  2. #42
    The concept of alt characters completely removes any point of this.

    Just pick a covenant on an alt you don't care about too much and you get the titles for free automatically.

  3. #43
    Dreadlord arr0gance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Third Impact
    Posts
    960
    {x}, the Never Watched a YouTube Video
    "Brevity is the sole of wit." -Abraham Lincoln, 1892

  4. #44
    Yea, sure, I'd like that.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by El Caballero de Olmedo View Post
    A thought occured to me. What if there were some kind of secret exclusive titles that would be given to those who never changed Covenants during the full expansion of Shadowlands? Something along the lines of "for those of you who kept a strongfast allegiance to your chosen Covenant, here is a special reward".

    These titles would be given at the end of the expansion, or even at the beginning of the next, as some kind of reward for keeping to one covenant. As many people would benefit from changing covenant for many different reasons, this would be a nice little compensation of not doing so.

    What do you think? Would this be a neat idea or not?

    Is a little flavour always nice, or would this create problems once the expansion has ended "because I dont have that and others do and I wasnt told about it"? (I'm thinking of the world first titles and how they don't do it anymore)

    Let's discuss!
    It would be a cool thing for those who stick it out with their favorite covenant, but a one time reward that requires 2 years of staying loyal and is kept secret is probably a bad idea.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    The concept of alt characters completely removes any point of this.

    Just pick a covenant on an alt you don't care about too much and you get the titles for free automatically.
    Just make them character only like class hall titles.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Why would you think this is a good idea? Why would you promote players playing the game in a suboptimal way?
    It would make way more sense to reward thoues that switched when Blizzard nerfs their conevant to the ground (yeah, it'll happen).
    Because there’s more to life than being the best.

  7. #47
    Presumably any title earned in this way would have to be character bound because otherwise people would just use alts they don't really care about to get each title and then pick whatever was strongest for their main.

    The reality of it would also be that there would be those who would be lucky enough that the title they wanted came from the faction that was the strongest for their class and also the faction they wanted to play lore wise... There would be others where the title they wanted came from a weak faction for their class and a faction they didn't like lore wise. Not fair at all...

    You say it would be a reward FOR NOT changing faction... another way of looking at it would be that it's a punishment FOR changing.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    Because there’s more to life than being the best.
    Like feeling forced to stick with a faction you maybe don't like (and i'm not even just talking player power) so you can get the title you want ? Great design.

  8. #48
    The Lightbringer Darknessvamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Hour of Twilight, Caverns of Time
    Posts
    3,183
    I'd be alright with it if they also added one for maxing all covenants on one character as well. Something like <... The Known> alongside <Count ....>, <Necrolord ...>, <Keeper ...> and <Paragon ...> as specifics for example.
    Argus' Nightmare Continues With Shadowlands
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    Because there’s more to life than being the best.
    Yeah but you do not need rewards when you're just bad.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    We should really look back in a year or so and see if the disparity was really as bad as many people thought it would be. Suboptimal does not mean bad, and I am confident that regardless of which covenant you choose you will play the game just fine.
    Yes, it does.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Yeah but you do not need rewards when you're just bad.
    You also don't get rewards if you are average. Real life isnt kindergarten where every kid deserves a medal....
    Would you be content in getting loot only if you are in top 1% of players, if you finish the M+ in 1 percentile of top players, if you have x amount of tries on boss and if you don't kill it in that amount you don't get loot ( for raids ) and in mythic raid if you wipe more than 5 times on certain boss you are locked for that week....

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Yeah but you do not need rewards when you're just bad.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Yes, it does.
    A choice simple as this wouldn’t render someone “bad” by the game’s standard, only by toxic elitists or misguided min/maxers. The world first race does not represent how the game is supposed to be played, it only dictates what is necessary to be the first to kill everything.

  12. #52
    The Insane Thage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground
    Posts
    18,689
    Speaking as someone who has no intention of jumping between Covenants, I... don't really see this as a good idea. You're going to cause a shitstorm among players who play at a high-enough level that Covenant switching becomes necessary patch-by-patch, players who wanted to experience the whole story on one character, and players who joined after expansion launch by punishing them for Blizzard's hubris in regards to Covenant design encouraging such behavior.

    And, look, again, I personally stand only to gain here. I would doubtlessly get all four titles because I'll be maintaining at least four 60s in the interest of getting the full story without having to go through what looks like enough of a hassle to make Covenant switching not worth my time and minor effort. I just don't think it's a good idea. Any Covenant-related titles should come from story and renown progression, not 'sticking to your guns' to stick it to players who you will never realistically interact with ingame due to differing playstyles, never mind, say, some random dude from the other side of the planet on MMO-Champion just because you disagree with him and y'all got a bit crusty at each other a few posts into an argument.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!



  13. #53
    There's probably gonna be an achiv for those that max out all 4 covenants on 1 character though, lets be real.

  14. #54
    Dreadlord arr0gance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Third Impact
    Posts
    960
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    There's probably gonna be an achiv for those that max out all 4 covenants on 1 character though, lets be real.
    Considering they don't actually want you swapping covenants, this seems unlikely.
    "Brevity is the sole of wit." -Abraham Lincoln, 1892

  15. #55
    The Patient Neforpubl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Floriduhhhh
    Posts
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Why would you think this is a good idea? Why would you promote players playing the game in a suboptimal way?
    It would make way more sense to reward thoues that switched when Blizzard nerfs their conevant to the ground (yeah, it'll happen).
    Bro, we get it, you don't like the covenant system. You are a casual.
    Jeesh man.

    Thank you ElyPop for the sig!

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    You also don't get rewards if you are average. Real life isnt kindergarten where every kid deserves a medal....
    Would you be content in getting loot only if you are in top 1% of players, if you finish the M+ in 1 percentile of top players, if you have x amount of tries on boss and if you don't kill it in that amount you don't get loot ( for raids ) and in mythic raid if you wipe more than 5 times on certain boss you are locked for that week....
    Sure, or at least a title for that.

  17. #57
    As many people would benefit from changing covenant for many different reasons, this would be a nice little compensation of not doing so.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    If you pick a covenant that makes you perform bad it's not that I think you're bad, you're just subjectively bad. It's as easy as that.
    You should not be rewarded for being bad.
    You're right, you just don't know what "subjectively" means.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    You're right, you just don't know what "subjectively" means.
    I do, it was en error on my part, of course.

  20. #60
    I liked how the Loyalist line did it, with the quests and the in-game cinematic at the end of the expansion. A title would be okay, I guess.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •