Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Why would you think this is a good idea? Why would you promote players playing the game in a suboptimal way?
    It would make way more sense to reward thoues that switched when Blizzard nerfs their conevant to the ground (yeah, it'll happen).
    I don’t know why everyone is giving you so much shit. If you’re not good enough to excel at video games without constantly min/maxing, that’s not really your fault now is it? You’re just not that good, and that’s ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    I don’t know why everyone is giving you so much shit. If you’re not good enough to excel at video games without constantly min/maxing, that’s not really your fault now is it? You’re just not that good, and that’s ok.
    It's not fun though. Thats why.
    Going into a fight knowing that you are not prepared for it or that you'll do less becuase "reasosn" is not fun.

This already happened.

In vanilla WoW, the PvP titles were temporary. You had to keep your PvP rank to maintain them. Otherwise, you lost them. I think at some point in BC, Blizzard surprised everyone by giving everyone their highest-earned vanilla PvP title. So for example, if you earned High Warlord at some point in vanilla, then stopped PvPing and lost the title, suddenly you got it retroactively as a permanent (character specific) title. That was not planned. They told no-one about this. Just one day you got your highest vanilla PvP title back.

Quote Originally Posted by Die View Post
    This already happened.

In vanilla WoW, the PvP titles were temporary. You had to keep your PvP rank to maintain them. Otherwise, you lost them. I think at some point in BC, Blizzard surprised everyone by giving everyone their highest-earned vanilla PvP title. So for example, if you earned High Warlord at some point in vanilla, then stopped PvPing and lost the title, suddenly you got it retroactively as a permanent (character specific) title. That was not planned. They told no-one about this. Just one day you got your highest vanilla PvP title back.
    You didn't get your highest title back as I had a higher title than the one I had gotten. It also wasn't a surprise, it was because they came up with the title system which made it permanent. It likely went by your last title you had in Classic as that is more close to the one I got since I stopped PvP'ing toward the end and decayed in ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You didn't get your highest title back as I had a higher title than the one I had gotten. It also wasn't a surprise, it was because they came up with the title system which made it permanent. It likely went by your last title you had in Classic as that is more close to the one I got since I stopped PvP'ing toward the end and decayed in ranks.
    No, you definitely got your highest title back. I had High Warlord, let it completely decay, and suddenly got it back. And believe me it was definitely a surprise. My group talked about it often how it might not be worth getting rank 14. Not a soul brought up the idea it would ever become permanent. Was quite a shock. In a good way.

The title system already existed as well since you had scarab lord out there.
    Last edited by Die; 2020-09-20 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Die View Post
    No, you definitely got your highest title back. I had High Warlord, let it completely decay, and suddenly got it back. And believe me it was definitely a surprise. My group talked about it often how it might not be worth getting rank 14. Not a soul brought up the idea it would ever become permanent. Was quite a shock. In a good way.
    Then you might've gotten lucky as two of my toons definitely got what they ended up with and not their highest. Not that it matters now anyway since you can still get the titles through RBG's.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Then you might've gotten lucky as two of my toons definitely got what they ended up with and not their highest. Not that it matters now anyway since you can still get the titles through RBG's.
    Actually you can't. You can see who got the legit titles by checking achievements. Legit High Warlord will show up as achieved in 2008. The fake one shows up when they added the ability to acquire them via RBGs.

It's not fun though. Thats why.
    Going into a fight knowing that you are not prepared for it or that you'll do less becuase "reasosn" is not fun.
    No, I get it. If I were so bad at the game that I couldn't accomplish anything of worth without a fully optimal setup then I probably wouldn't be having fun either.

So title you would get without warning during 10.0 pre-patch only on random 60 alts you don't care about? No, I don't think it's good idea.

Why would you think this is a good idea? Why would you promote players playing the game in a suboptimal way?
    It would make way more sense to reward thoues that switched when Blizzard nerfs their conevant to the ground (yeah, it'll happen).

Bro, lol, chill. You’re the one dude being obnoxious on this thread. Get your headspace right and then come back.
    Be willing to serve and build up others at any cost. Never be a man of laziness and self absorption. Be willing to grow daily in integrity, strength, and boldness.

Quote Originally Posted by Liftinmammals View Post
    Bro, lol, chill. You’re the one dude being obnoxious on this thread. Get your headspace right and then come back.
    Nope, not at all.
    I promote letting players have a choice, something that would benefit everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

No, I get it. If I were so bad at the game that I couldn't accomplish anything of worth without a fully optimal setup then I probably wouldn't be having fun either.
    You won't be able to compete in PvP or high level M+ with the wrong setup though.
    So yeah.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by El Caballero de Olmedo View Post
    A thought occured to me. What if there were some kind of secret exclusive titles that would be given to those who never changed Covenants during the full expansion of Shadowlands? Something along the lines of "for those of you who kept a strongfast allegiance to your chosen Covenant, here is a special reward".

These titles would be given at the end of the expansion, or even at the beginning of the next, as some kind of reward for keeping to one covenant. As many people would benefit from changing covenant for many different reasons, this would be a nice little compensation of not doing so.

What do you think? Would this be a neat idea or not?

Is a little flavour always nice, or would this create problems once the expansion has ended "because I dont have that and others do and I wasnt told about it"? (I'm thinking of the world first titles and how they don't do it anymore)

Let's discuss!
    easiest title I'd ever get. Fortunately, I'm not one of the brainless sheep that'll follow what some random Joe online says is the FotM covenant that gives 0.00000000000000001% more dps, I'll choose the one that I like based on lore and RP reason. Hopefully the covenant I'll choose will also be the one that people don't pick, let all the trihard spergs go somewhere else and leave my Revendreth covenant alone
    Last edited by vitor210; 2020-09-20 at 11:35 AM.
    You don't understand. Having an unpayed full time job that no one appreciates is the magic of classic.

It's about the journey. The journey into depression. The journey of running a daycare full of middle-aged alcoholics ignoring their SOs and avoiding social engagements to fulfill something they wanted 15 years ago before everyone realized it's not hard at all.

This would be hilarious. I can hear the salt lords crying now. I wish devs read stuff here.

That would be cool, especially because I'd get them all for sure as I don't care about abilities at all and care more about lore/aesthetics. Once I make up my mind, that'll be it for that Character/Covenant. I'm as loyal in life as I am with my gaming choices.

You won't be able to compete in PvP or high level M+ with the wrong setup though.
    So yeah.
    I can see how someone who is just not very good at the game might think that. It’s ok though. Some people just need all the help they can get.

I can see how someone who is just not very good at the game might think that. It’s ok though. Some people just need all the help they can get.
    Hardly about skill here but as a rule, they higher up you come the more important this will be of course.

7+ Year Old Account
    Some kind of title for staying in one covenant is whatever. Making it a secret title for staying is really dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by freddy090909 View Post
    I strongly disagree here. And, I'm not even opposed to the covenant "lock". I simply don't want people to feel stuck with their choice for two years.

Tuning will happen, boredom will happen, experimentation will happen. People should be able to swap if they want to.
    I mean... It's just a title. If it's something you actively want, then go for it. If you'd rather jump around for optimal, that's fine too. There's nothing wriong with having to choose between the two. Let people who want to be optimal be optimal, but those playing their character concept get a fun little carrot too.