Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It was absolutely baffling that blizzard decided to go with such ridiculously dumb decision to make core feature of an expansion locked behind rep grinds, and as someone who already has them all unlocked, I'm glad this garbage is going away for the people who didn't.
    Censorship apologists deserve [REDACTED]

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    You literally had 2-3 years of exclusivity compared to others who did not get the reputation up. That's what I think about it. I already have a mag'har orc, a nightborne, a zandalari and a highmountain tauren at max level and enjoyed their tmog for a year or two. That's the reward of my hard work.

For people who waited? They haven't even managed to create the characters yet. It's the same with mythic mounts/mythic gear/etc. You get to enjoy it first, by the time it is easy to get, you have new goodies to enjoy.

- - - Updated - - -

Just don't go to goldshire then? Or are you one of them?
    You make good points. I'm waiting for Shadowlands to level my allied races the rest of the way (I wanna say they will either be 40 or 45.) Also the goldshire thing was a joke, no I am not one of them lol

As someone who has gone out of his way to unlock races that he'll never play, I think all the allied races should just be unlocked going into shadowlands.

Some people may see it as removing something to work towards, but I see it as not scaring off new players who like the look of a certain race.

A new player may start creating his first character and really want to play paladin, not liking the horde choices till they see the zandalari paladin.
    Now this new player has to forgo the race and level a paladin anyways, play a class they are uninterested in to eventually unlock his zando paladin, or say "nvm" and goes to a different mmo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Allies races should have never required a rep grind in the first place.

New races never required rep grinds before Legion/BFA, and they shouldn't going forward. It's a mistake that should be remedied.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

It was always stupid that new races were locked behind a grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvern View Post
    The allied races where pretty grindy and rewarding to unlock in BFA, it really felt like you worked for it.
    Only grind was doing the other factions unlocks as I hadn't yet completed the Alliance version of the story. Unlocking your own faction required playing the game, nothing excessive just doing the zones and then emissaries when up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kuhntasmash View Post
    As someone who has gone out of his way to unlock races that he'll never play, I think all the allied races should just be unlocked going into shadowlands.

Some people may see it as removing something to work towards, but I see it as not scaring off new players who like the look of a certain race.

A new player may start creating his first character and really want to play paladin, not liking the horde choices till they see the zandalari paladin.
    Now this new player has to forgo the race and level a paladin anyways, play a class they are uninterested in to eventually unlock his zando paladin, or say "nvm" and goes to a different mmo.
    I think I agree. I wonder whether they should have some more race specific stuff in the intro but I also feel other races should have more flavour too. Right now your race is largely meh in terms of what it means to your gameplay.

As someone that has unlocked most of the allied races, yes they were grindy, but they were far from rewarding to unlock. It felt like getting a loot box but knowing exactly what you were getting.
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

Dear MMO Championers and Champettes,

I would like to discuss the further diminishing of ''rewarding'' grinds and accolades ingame and now again happening in SL.
    The allied races where pretty grindy and rewarding to unlock in BFA, it really felt like you worked for it.

In Shadowlands this will be diminished with (most of them) fairly simple achievements and BOOM: u got the allied race unlocked.

The discussion point:
    ''Is Blizzard going to far in diminishing achievements/rewards where u worked hard for in later expansions? Should there be more containtment in having those rewards behind these harder to unlock achievements?''

Let me know!

Look at it like this-- My wife wants to play a Nightborne but she's never played WoW before. Needing to get her into the game and THEN grind 20 hours just to unlock the base race she wants to be is a HUGE entry level for something that is no longer a new shiny feature.

I don't even think there should be a requirement for these races at all come Shadowlands. It's totally unnecessary at this point, the current bar only really effects brand new players.

Yes so much hard work doing the same 10 world quests everyday for a month....so much work....

I don't care if the rep requirement was dropped the day after I unlocked them I would support it. Tedious stupid rep grinds to unlock races is just a bad system.

IT should have ALWAYS been
    Finish Story relating to them
    Finish unlock scenario.
    And that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrinara View Post
    You make good points. I'm waiting for Shadowlands to level my allied races the rest of the way (I wanna say they will either be 40 or 45.) Also the goldshire thing was a joke, no I am not one of them lol
    I hope so, that's the only way I can justify everything that becomes easier over time to acquire. Also regarding my goldshire question, I was supposed to put a playful smirk to kinda just tease/joke about it. Not sure how it got lost in the reply, must have accidentally deleted it on my phone due to scrolling up/down to check my message before sending it. Guess I marked the smirk and deleted it by putting in the final dot xD

Absolutely disagree. Something like allied race should not have been locked behind long arduous grinding in the first place. Races in the game never needed to be unlocked if you had the latest expac. This goes to show that now a days blizzard will do anything to increase MAUs.

I don't know if I really care about hard work or achievements in game. I think the new model is preferable. The game gives you a reason to go and do the old content which is beyond the levelling content.

Insurrection is still a long questline. Completing Argus is still a long questline. BFA campaigns are fairly well-sized. The only gimmes are Vulpera, Zandalari and I think Kul Tirans. (I don't know enough about the Mechagnome pre-req to say one way or the other there)
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Who on earth wants to grind rep in outdated content? Especially when you will outlevel the content so quickly. Try and unlock say Void Elves right now. You outlevel Legion with a single zone. Then you have to go through all of the other zones, broken shore, and then Argus. It's tedious, not an accomplishment. Grings make some degree of sense when content is current, but it's ridiculous when that content is old and stale.

I don't care about diminished achievements or previous hard work, but I think it's unfortunate they nerfed an interesting reward for putting time into a thing in game. As it was it would have been a cool thing to go back and spend time in old content for, like the Netherwing and Nagrand mounts in BC.

This is an ever going thing for WoW, Previously DK were level locked behind 40 and needed an existing character on a server to be used, they gradually lifted that requirement starting with the server limit and eventually the level prerequisite was taken away. In my honest opinion they went overkill on the requirement for allied races. Needing full exalted and achievements done. I would of just been content with it being main questline and reaching atleast revered to get them unlocked and their mounts and some extras be given on reaching exalted.

I would like to discuss the further diminishing of ''rewarding'' grinds and accolades ingame and now again happening in SL.

In Shadowlands this will be diminished with (most of them) fairly simple achievements and BOOM: u got the allied race unlocked.

The discussion point:
    ''Is Blizzard going to far in diminishing achievements/rewards where u worked hard for in later expansions? Should there be more containtment in having those rewards behind these harder to unlock achievements?''

Let me know!
    So I came back to Wow 2-3 months ago bored, but just excited to come back for SL to play with friends. They told me that Mechagnomes were dope, and I decided there I was rolling one. I knew that in SL it was going to be much "easier" to obtain them, but said I was like fuck it I want it now and grinded for it. I got on everyday for 90 mins maybe a month and half, pretty consistently and just finished it up yesterday. There isn't really anything hard about it, it's a grind with a reward at the end. Like some guy said earlier in this post "this shit done matter after BFA". No one cares about your high school diploma when you're in college.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    I hope so, that's the only way I can justify everything that becomes easier over time to acquire. Also regarding my goldshire question, I was supposed to put a playful smirk to kinda just tease/joke about it. Not sure how it got lost in the reply, must have accidentally deleted it on my phone due to scrolling up/down to check my message before sending it. Guess I marked the smirk and deleted it by putting in the final dot xD
    It's all good!

Unlocking Allied races in Shadowlands: Diminishing hard work and achievements ingame

The important achievements, that require some semblance of skill - mage tower, CE, AOTC, Gladiator mounts and mogs are time-constrained and no longer obtainable, thus not diminished.

Reputation grind is not one of this things. It is...well, grind with literally zero skill involved.

And allied races are not the biggest offender since I’ve grounded my ass for WoD and Legion pathfinder just to have flying and people get it for free. And I am perfectly fine with it.
    Last edited by oblakoff; 2020-09-19 at 07:50 AM.

The grind should have never been there in the first place. Why would you be mad about this? It's not like getting allied races was a big achievement like idk earning Glad or something like that.

15+ Year Old Account

The discussion point:

Let me know!
    With all respect, but light forged and void elves and DI dwarfs and kul Tiran were absolutely not Grindy. You also get other rewards in the same time like the eleks or ruinstrider or light forged robots.
    Argus was soooo easy even before the buff.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...