Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
8
9
10
11
12
... LastLast
  1. #181
    Banned CrawlFromThePit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    The Depths Bellow
    Posts
    1,391
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    So are little mistakes, but you, someone who considers themselves to barely be an average player, feel the need to flip out and cause drama over minor mistakes.
    They are small mistakes that require even smaller skills to completely avoid. So who's worse?
    Saying things like "lol you suck" is not flipping out. I mentioned this enough already, there's a giant difference in making a small comment about someone's mistake and actually going full retard with the caps lock insults, that's what flipping out is and that's not at all what I've been talking about in any of my posts, and very clearly too.

    You're just twisting the narrative because you have nothing to offer to the argument and still seek a win where there's nothing to be won.

  2. #182
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    To be very polite: shut the fuck up.
    "Gameplay style" and "playing a certain way" are literal synonyms.
    You started the strawman by defending a point that never existed in the discussion, that you created, there never was any mention of the way people play.
    This has always been about people making mistakes, not about play styles, which is why my post BRINGS BACK the conversation to the real topic. I did the absolute OPPOSITE of a strawman, to counter YOUR strawman. Keep up or shut up.

    You made the strawman, the people who "called me out" on it didn't even follow what happened they just saw you say it and since the people on this forum are very high on this word they think anyone who brings it up first just won the lottery of interwebs arguments and since they were all out or real points to make, they jumped on the bandwagon.

    You fucked up, I proved you wrong, but your ego is keeping you in a lost battle.

    I don't mind beating a dead horse.
    Your whole argument has been "I like being a bully and anyone who gets offended is wrong. They should also take a joke". Every one of your points has been picked apart by multiple members in the community. You've lashed out with toxicity at every point and then claim to be pure. When the community calls you toxic, you are just that.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    They are small mistakes that require even smaller skills to completely avoid. So who's worse?
    Saying things like "lol you suck" is not flipping out. I mentioned this enough already, there's a giant difference in making a small comment about someone's mistake and actually going full retard with the caps lock insults, that's what flipping out is and that's not at all what I've been talking about in any of my posts, and very clearly too.

    You're just twisting the narrative because you have nothing to offer to the argument and still seek a win where there's nothing to be won.
    The person in that the community describes as toxic doesn't get to decide what being toxic is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  3. #183
    Banned CrawlFromThePit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    The Depths Bellow
    Posts
    1,391
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Your whole argument has been "I like being a bully and anyone who gets offended is wrong. They should also take a joke". Every one of your points has been picked apart by multiple members in the community. You've lashed out with toxicity at every point and then claim to be pure. When the community calls you toxic, you are just that.

    - - - Updated - - -



    The person in that the community describes as toxic doesn't get to decide what being toxic is.
    Never once claimed to be pure. Completely bullshit statement cuz you have nothing to offer to the discussion. You're just saying "no u" all the time, no substance, no detail, no valid point, just complaining and whining because you lost and refuse to accept it.

    You don't even understand the different levels of toxicity that exist, you think it's all the same. You're such a simple minded, one dimensional person that you can't have an open mind about the many kinds of complex aspects that exist in a conversation and all the human emotions that go with it.

    You see this a good vs evil, binary battle and you made me the bad guy because Disney said so.
    You're a young, ignorant kid that still has a lot to learn about life. This is not being toxic, this is me explaining who you are because you don't even see it. It's not toxicity, it's a lesson. Learn instead of calling me toxic.

  4. #184
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    They are small mistakes that require even smaller skills to completely avoid. So who's worse?
    Saying things like "lol you suck" is not flipping out. I mentioned this enough already, there's a giant difference in making a small comment about someone's mistake and actually going full retard with the caps lock insults, that's what flipping out is and that's not at all what I've been talking about in any of my posts, and very clearly too.

    You're just twisting the narrative because you have nothing to offer to the argument and still seek a win where there's nothing to be won.
    You are worse, for flipping out over such a small mistake, Including drawing maps and diagrams (seriously havnt laughed so hard at someone for a while).

  5. #185
    Banned CrawlFromThePit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    The Depths Bellow
    Posts
    1,391
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You are worse, for flipping out over such a small mistake, Including drawing maps and diagrams (seriously havnt laughed so hard at someone for a while).
    I googled the map in less time it took you to make this irrelevant and pathetic struggle of a post, that's the real hilarious part.

  6. #186
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    They are small mistakes that require even smaller skills to completely avoid. So who's worse?
    Saying things like "lol you suck" is not flipping out. I mentioned this enough already, there's a giant difference in making a small comment about someone's mistake and actually going full retard with the caps lock insults, that's what flipping out is and that's not at all what I've been talking about in any of my posts, and very clearly too.

    You're just twisting the narrative because you have nothing to offer to the argument and still seek a win where there's nothing to be won.
    You reckon "lol you suck" is not flipping out? Guess what happens in real life when somebody makes a tiny irrelevant mistake, or even worse several tiny mistakes? Nothing. Nobody says a thing. If that behaviour continues somebody might talk to the person and show them how to do the thing correctly. I can guarantee that nobody is going to yell "lol you suck" in their face.
    You're flipping out over a computer game.

  7. #187
    I think toxicity has a lot to do with the expectations we have from the game. We generally expect fluidity, perfect play, the gear we want etc. Our expectation when logging in is unjustifiably high we expect to enter the game and start conquering.

    Then reality strikes: Long queues, bad pulls, bad play, loot didn't drop, co-player disconnected, mic stopped working, all sorts. As reality kicks in and expectations are ruined people are pissed off to a smaller or larger extent.

    If this becomes repetitive (it does) then most players will become toxic by default meaning that they will enter the game with a mentality that "Im not taking shit from anyone tonight". This bad approach by many leads to a very toxic environment where mistakes are not tolerated, no one has time to sit and think for a second how to solve the problem(s) at hand no one is there to make friends.

    Add that to a false sense of "cool" and "elitism" and you have the perfect mix for a toxic playerbase. Entirely deluded as to the expectations from the game and each other, ready to pick a fight, always smarter than everyone else, always the others are to blame for all mishaps.

    Solution: Take it easy, give yourself a break, learn to forgive and forget. Oh and don't be a smartass the world is full of them.

    P.S. I say all these but I also (like everyone else) forget to implement them often. But we re only humans right.
    WoW forums in a nutshell:
    m8 i've been around since Feb 2005, I know it all.
    So I was using a gold dupe hack. I don't know why i was banned for this. It is so unfair.
    People need an incentive to play content. "Its fun!" is simply not enough.

  8. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    It's the worst it's ever been, mostly due to there really being no repercussions for being an asshole, combined with an ever increasing gap in skill between the low end & the high end. The last ten years of game design has taught players they can have pretty much anything without giving a shit about anyone else, & with it all being anonymous cross-realm content, so long as you're not scamming anyone/being overly offensive, you can get away with anything. So, shockingly, people play entirely for themselves, even if it's to the detriment of other people.

    Can avoid pretty much all of it by finding a good guild. Playing group content as a solo player pugging would have me throwing my PC out the window.
    That's a very nice descrition of Western society these days, will borrow thanks.

  9. #189
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I think toxicity has a lot to do with the expectations we have from the game. We generally expect fluidity, perfect play, the gear we want etc. Our expectation when logging in is unjustifiably high we expect to enter the game and start conquering.

    Then reality strikes: Long queues, bad pulls, bad play, loot didn't drop, co-player disconnected, mic stopped working, all sorts. As reality kicks in and expectations are ruined people are pissed off to a smaller or larger extent.
    I personally think the society we live has encouraged, or rather made it worse. Many things these days are relatively easy to acquire without too much effort. People has gradually become more impatient as a whole. Expectation from others are higher. We expects people to serve our needs.

    One thing I have noticed is the style of the media has changed. It has become more coarser, direct, rude even. Look at Trump and his language. He does not care. Compared today TV with those back in the 70s or 80s. Being rude and offensive on TV has become entertainment.

    I wonder if these are translated to peoples live. People say TV has a major influence on people. I wonder if some people has numb. See it enough and people acclimatise to it.

  10. #190
    Timers in mythic + are one thing. Now obviously getting rid of timers won't make the toxicity go away but I think anytime you put "timers + pug" you are just asking for toxicity. I mean even in vanilla there was always a kind of "go go mentality" but timers just exacerbates it to a whole new level.

  11. #191
    Quote Originally Posted by Bisque View Post
    Timers in mythic + are one thing. Now obviously getting rid of timers won't make the toxicity go away but I think anytime you put "timers + pug" you are just asking for toxicity. I mean even in vanilla there was always a kind of "go go mentality" but timers just exacerbates it to a whole new level.
    I agree. When M+ was announced, i had a very different image in my head - slow methodical clearing of very challenging dungeons, requiring concise and well communicated CC, and even Re-CC of mobs in high keys. I pictured bosses being very challenging and long, forcing us to focus on mechanics to endure the 3-5 minute boss fights in higher keys.

    What we got was obviously very different, and yes, i personally was very disappointed. However, many people love the current format of GOGOGO aoe everything down and rush through the dungeon ASAP, so im not saying its WRONG, just that it is not what i hoped for. Sadly, i think the days of really challenging "traditional" dungeons are gone now, but hey, gotta keep moving forward.

    I also agree that the time pressure adds exactly that, an additional pressure on players, and as you said, add in the pug factor and it is always going to result in some unsavory moments.

  12. #192
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You are worse, for flipping out over such a small mistake, Including drawing maps and diagrams (seriously havnt laughed so hard at someone for a while).
    Im worse than you for flipping out?
    Get a grib bro. You are the lowest of the low.

    You come into my threads and derail them completely WITHIN the forum rules.

    You use personal attacks and derail with endless posts until they get closed or i get banned for replying to you.

    This wouldnt be a problem IF moderation wasnt also against me, which they are.

    So yeah, stop pretending u are a "good boy" and lose your mask.
    You are the most toxic person here. ON THIS ENTIRE THREAD

    Last edited by Shadoowpunk; 2020-09-21 at 10:18 PM.

  13. #193
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Im worse than you for flipping out?
    Get a grib bro. You are the lowest of the low.

    You come into my threads and derail them completely WITHIN the forum rules.

    You use personal attacks and derail with endless posts until they get closed or i get banned for replying to you.

    This wouldnt be a problem IF moderation wasnt also against me, which they are.

    So yeah, stop pretending u are a "good boy" and lose your mask.
    You are the most toxic person here. ON THIS ENTIRE THREAD

    This entire post is 1 big contradiction - stop being so toxic. Derailing threads is against the rules. Personal attacks are against the rules. For your record, discussing moderation is also against the rules. The big contradiction is you incorrectly claim i break these rules, and yet....i'm "within the forum rules". So which is it? Am i breaking the rules, or just trying to have a discussion with you but you are so toxic you flip out and get yourself banned?

    In case there was any doubt, you literally begged to be banned - you created a thread mocking the moderation team, calling them names, and swearing at everyone - pretty sure you are the one who flipped out, and VERY sure your behavior was the very definition of toxic.

    You should also take note that i did not quote YOU, i was having a discussion with someone different, and you interjected and tried to play the victim.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2020-09-21 at 10:25 PM.

  14. #194
    The lowest type of toxic scum are the ones in power and the ones who get away with murder.

  15. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Im worse than you for flipping out?
    Get a grib bro. You are the lowest of the low.

    You come into my threads and derail them completely WITHIN the forum rules.

    You use personal attacks and derail with endless posts until they get closed or i get banned for replying to you.

    This wouldnt be a problem IF moderation wasnt also against me, which they are.

    So yeah, stop pretending u are a "good boy" and lose your mask.
    You are the most toxic person here. ON THIS ENTIRE THREAD

    I am pretty sure he was replying to a different poster.

  16. #196
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    I am pretty sure he was replying to a different poster.
    Yeah, not sure what shes on about to be honest. The whole "its not me its everyone else" mentality is a common once among toxic people - just look at this thread.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    The lowest type of toxic scum are the ones in power and the ones who get away with murder.
    Care to elaborate on who you are referencing here?

  17. #197
    Elemental Lord Kathranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    8,215
    Toxicity is unfortunately just inevitable when it comes to online interactions. Online communication is inherently dehumanizing, which makes it difficult to empathize. On top of all the other issues and baggage we carry into every interaction, the internet strips inflection, body language, facial expressions, etc. It makes it easy to be shitty to other people. Plain and simple.

    Then add anything remotely competitive on top of that and you've got a recipe for guaranteed hurt feelings.


    After all these years, I find the best way to deal with it is to just avoid it as much as possible, and try to be kind yourself. If you get frustrated, take a break because it's probably not worth it. Try and find other outlets that don't result in toxicity.

  18. #198
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Im worse than you for flipping out?
    Get a grib bro. You are the lowest of the low.

    You come into my threads and derail them completely WITHIN the forum rules.

    You use personal attacks and derail with endless posts until they get closed or i get banned for replying to you.

    This wouldnt be a problem IF moderation wasnt also against me, which they are.

    So yeah, stop pretending u are a "good boy" and lose your mask.
    You are the most toxic person here. ON THIS ENTIRE THREAD

    Calm down buddy. There is no one out to get you. Just stop being toxic. I guess this is the same as in WoW. When people don't know who you are people get a toxic attitude and think it is OK to act like that.

    I remember a sharp upturn in toxicity when LFD came out in WotLK. That could be me misremembering but I think now there's less toxicity in RETAIL. I went back to a WotLK private server last year and the levels were off the chart. Maybe WoWs reputation came from the WotLK players that left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

  19. #199
    Okay, so here's the thing.

    Nobody has the obligation to defend anybody.
    You are not responsible for others to feel safe or protected.
    People keep saying that "you wouldn't act like this in real life" and they are totally right, most people wouldn't.
    But this isn't real life, nobody has to be nice to you if you clearly fuck up. This argument makes no sense, "but its just a game", yes it is so git gud or die trying. Nobody will die or lose their job irl for getting called a noob for fucking up.

    Now with that out of the way.

    As I read the last 4 pages here everyone seems to have a different definition of what "toxic" means. So I'm just not even gonna bother with that.

    The core issue here is acceptable level of calling out people for their fuck up differ between certain skill levels.
    In higher keys where one major fuck up can ruin an entire 30-40 min run in itself it is much much more common for people to call names. To be fair, these people are usually the people who can actually take it, maybe even answer back and then just go on with their day as normal.

    In lower keys where numerous fuck ups are allowed people tend to get more defensive and agitated by being called out. These people are simply more insecure about their gameplay and being called out is somehow a strike at their own personal self in their eyes.

    The obvious difference between the two is that while the more experienced players learn from these scenarios, the less experienced ones think that the other guy was just "toxic" and then keep doing the same thing they were called out for.

    I think everybody should realize that they are all individuals responsible for their own actions. You don't have to defend others, they can defend themselves. This is not the street where you get beaten up. Everyone is equal so everyone should hold everyone else to an equal standard in-game.

  20. #200
    Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    Most people just want to be "bad" for fun out of it.
    This^^
    Normaly i'm having fun and satisfaction when i do good thing, helping others, playing by rule....
    But i lol and rolf hard watching epic fail videos, breaking stuff, doing stupid things, scream and shouts for no reason if not for simple fun
    most of my funniest wow memory are both some positive and succesfull goals like killing boss with guildmate and some bad behevior bullshit like making my raidleader mad cause i barrage/misdirection on him while trashcleaning making rolf the entire raid

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •