10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Assange Offered Pardon to Cover Up Russian Hacking

Ongoing In: Betraying the US Outloud

Did you forget about Dana Rohrabacher, Putin's favorite congressman?
    Lawyers representing the U.S. at Julian Assange's extradition trial have accepted the claim that the WikiLeaks founder was offered a presidential pardon by a Congressman on the condition he would help cover up Russia’s involvement in hacking DNC emails.

Republican congressman Dana Rohrabacher offered Assange the deal in 2017, a year after the emails that damaged Hillary Clinton had been published.

LONDON—Lawyers representing the United States at Julian Assange’s extradition trial in Britain have accepted the claim that the WikiLeaks founder was offered a presidential pardon by a congressman on the condition that he would help cover up Russia’s involvement in hacking emails from the Democratic National Committee.

Jennifer Robinson, a lawyer, told the court that she had attended a meeting between Assange, then Republican Congressman Dana Rohrabacher, and pro-Trump troll Charles Johnson at Assange’s hide-out, the Ecuadorian embassy in London, on August 15, 2017.

Robinson said the two Americans claimed to be emissaries from Washington and “wanted us to believe they were acting on behalf of the president.” The pair allegedly told Assange that they could help grant him a pardon in exchange for him revealing information about the source of the WikiLeaks information that proved it was not the Russians who hacked Democratic emails.

“They stated that President Trump was aware of and had approved of them coming to meet with Mr. Assange to discuss a proposal—and that they would have an audience with the president to discuss the matter on their return to Washington, D.C.,” Robinson said.

Rohrabacher during happier times, posing with Neo-Nazi Weev.
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Rohrabacher is that exceptional individual that somehow manages to ramp the usual level of revolting up to 11. I am really quite unsure how this doesn't constitute a dozen or so felonies.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Rohrabacher is that exceptional individual that somehow manages to ramp the usual level of revolting up to 11. I am really quite unsure how this doesn't constitute a dozen or so felonies.
    It has to, doesn’t it? Aiding and abetting meddling in US government elections by a foreign power through bribery. I’d be shocked if it didn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    It has to, doesn’t it? Aiding and abetting meddling in US government elections by a foreign power through bribery. I’d be shocked if it didn’t.
    It's bribery. Something of value, testimony, for an official act, a pardon. This administration will never investigate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..