Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    The entire point of communism is to not have classes so it's very much not communist

Sounds very much like america, a capitalist society. Profit produced by laborers is stolen and hoarded by those at the top
    Funny how communism, in practice, has helped nobody but the dictators that control all means of production, meanwhile capitalism has opened the doors for all sorts of people around the world in improving their own lives!

Even funnier how goobers like you still don't understand that.

I don't have a Beta, so I've not played Revendreth itself, however, I've heard nothing regarding Garrosh actually in the game at launch of SoL. I've not heard of any quests, or cut scenes in game with him involved. I imagine he will be involved at some point just because they made such a point of putting him in Afterlives, but I don't think he is leading the rebellion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    Funny how communism, in practice, has helped nobody but the dictators that control all means of production, meanwhile capitalism has opened the doors for all sorts of people around the world in improving their own lives!

Even funnier how goobers like you still don't understand that.
    I think they have a off topic/politics folder a ways down from this one.

3+ Year Old Account
    Again, you're literally describing capitalism. There has never been a bigger divide between top and bottom in history than there currently is in the United States.
    Oof. The biggest divide between top and bottom in our entire history? Not quite, friend. Source: Monarchies (Just Google them)

Lol communism has "failed" in every country that has attempted it because the United States dedicated the entire 20th century specifically to stomping it out wherever it may have appeared - either via direct or indirect warfare, staging coups against democratically elected leaders and installing CIA-backed dictators in their place, or economy-crushing sanctions and embargoes. A true communist country has never been allowed to exist and one probably won't exist for several hundred years.
    Bold statement. Source? What communist country did the US "not allow" to exist at any point in time? Keep in mind, "going to war with" and "not allowing to exist" are not the same thing.

So is yours when you won't acknowledge the massive wealth inequality and quality of life disparity present in every capitalist society that has ever existed.

Thank you for derailing my thread with your ignorance.
    Again, where is your proof? No economic structure has ever opened as many doors for people around the world to improve their own lives on their own volition than capitalism. In practice, communism takes the choice away from us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    I think they have a off topic/politics folder a ways down from this one.
    Wow thank you so much for that! Yeah I'll move these two posts I've put in response to what OP said over to the political forum instead where they belong. You're doing good work, keep it up.

I hope they drain him, until he's a lifeless husk.

10+ Year Old Account
    They better allow us to kill him again along with his sympathizers this time.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Quote Originally Posted by Aerisot View Post
    I think the datamined Kael'thas model for the raid will actually end up being Garrosh, and Kael was used as either a PH or a distraction.

And you'll understand why I say that once you play the campaign.

Unless the campaign is suppose to take place after the Raid, which it kind of seems like it might, but wouldn't make sense for the rest of the quests.
    The leveling campaign ends with us getting ready to enter the raid, the covenant campaign takes place after.

Quote Originally Posted by DonChalk View Post
    The leveling campaign ends with us getting ready to enter the raid, the covenant campaign takes place after.
    Ok, that makes more sense, That will confuse some people, also forces you to do the raid in order for it to make sense lol

I think all we will see of him is the Animation and thats it highly doubt he will impact anything hes been overused already

7+ Year Old Account
    The current situation was caused by Denathrius going dirty. It was he who started exploiting weaker citizens and stopping the redemption process for souls that got there. Remove him (and his sugar daddy Jailer) and things should go back to normal.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    For one, Gameplay =/= Lore. The shadowlands in lore are infinite, there are infinite realms of which we are initially only visiting a few. As someone else said, the portals for other infinite realms are all around oribos but for gameplay reasons we obviously cant use them. The story they are telling in this expansion revolves around these few zones we'll be visiting, but the anima drought and the problems with the Arbiter/Jailer presumably affect all infinite realms within SL.

As for why they've chosen to go this way, I suspect there are several reasons. For once, if we only visited Azeroth Shadowlands and they were finite, people would be asking all the time "wheres X character who we killed X time ago". They cant show every single character that has died in Azeroth's history, so having infinite shadowlands that encompass the whole reality gives them an easy excuse not to show every single dead character. They can simply say "They're out there somewhere in the infinite shadowlands, we wont meet them in this expansion".
    Another reason is that they're building up to a cosmic-level threat and story for the future. This shows with the Dreadlord book found in revendreth and a plan involving all planes of reality including shadowlands, so they're upping the threat levels, we're no longer going to be fighting for Azeroth but it seems all planes of existence are being threatened right now.
    I understand gameplay doesn't equal lore, but the lore doesn't equal the lore either. You said you assume that the Anima Drought affects all of the Shadowlands, but why would ONLY THESE SPECIFIC AREAS be necessary for anima production if this is something that affects the ENTIRE realm. The ENTIRE realm would care about this. If the Jailer was a threat to the entire Shadowlands, then the entire Shadowlands would BE HERE fighting him off. The other realms WOULD GET INVOLVED.

Also for the statement about "What about X character being here"

It's easy to come up with an excuse as to why they aren't. The Maw is one, but you can also just make so that not every single person retains their identity in the Shadowlands after they die. Not a big deal to just say that X person isn't there because they didn't make the cut to be a special glowing angel man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread shouldn't have anything to do with real-world politics or economic models - let's drop the entirely off topic stuff and focus on the story of Garrosh, Revendreth, and the events in the Shadowlands.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

wow that would be pretty cool