Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by For_The_Horde View Post
    Don't forget about this little gem.

https://twitter.com/YahooNews/status...09950778335232
    He went back on that this year saying that he would vote to confirm.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...be-a-different

Because things are "different" now. "Reasons".

Trump reacts to the news of her passing.

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Trump reacts to the news of her passing.
    I'm actually legitimately shocked he mustered that much class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    He went back on that this year saying that he would vote to confirm.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...be-a-different

Because things are "different" now. "Reasons".
    Their argument, of course it's horseshit, is that 2016 was different because there wasn't a president up for reelection - two completely new administrations on the ballot.

Now I could get a third grader to blow their argument out of the water but Republicans really don't care.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Four GOP Senators have said they will not vote to confirm before the election.

Now, this isn't since RBG has passed, but it was this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    He wants to become SCJOTUS.
    That would be like making Roy Moore a high school JV girls volleyball coach.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post

I don't think we should count on any member of the GOP to keep their word. The last 4 years have proven that most have no spine.

It's 1 thing to say it when there's no seats open. It's another to stick to it when there's an open seat and your party might be losing power in a few months.

We'll see if they keep their word, but I doubt it.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is indeed a dark day for democracy, and a sad day for the world. RBG was a light in the descending darkness, and a beacon of hope during our troubled times. We can only hope that in the coming years her inspiration and strength will be remembered and celebrated, while other young scholars take up her baton.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    He wants to become SCJOTUS.
    He won't get the nomination. If for one clear reason - he's too old. Yes, 49 is too old for the GOP. They need someone fresh off the Circuit Courts, in the 40ish age range. There are 10 judges on the Circuit Courts that are similar age or younger.

This is indeed a dark day for democracy, and a sad day for the world. RBG was a light in the descending darkness, and a beacon of hope during our troubled times. We can only hope that in the coming years her inspiration and strength will be remembered and celebrated, while other young scholars take up her baton.
    Fuck 2020.
    This year is fucking horrid. With a gop controlled supreme court, we can say goodbye to any enviromental advance IF Biden wins.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Dirty cunts like Mcconnel and Trump think everyone is a dirty cunt like them, so when the get power they abuse it since they assume when they lose power their opponents will pull the same ratfuckery. Let's prove them right this time. When Biden wins and Dems take the Senate, expand the court to 11... Fuck it, go 13. Mcconnel is such a fucking loathsome pile of garbage. I pray for COVID to slowly turn his lungs into mush.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    Dirty cunts like Mcconnel and Trump think everyone is a dirty cunt like them, so when the get power they abuse it since they assume when they lose power their opponents will pull the same ratfuckery. Let's prove them right this time. When Biden wins and Dems take the Senate, expand the court to 11... Fuck it, go 13. Mcconnel is such a fucking loathsome pile of garbage. I pray for COVID to slowly turn his lungs into mush.
    Ed Markey's way ahead of ya.

Mitch McConnell set the precedent. No Supreme Court vacancies filled in an election year. If he violates it, when Democrats control the Senate in the next Congress, we must abolish the filibuster and expand the Supreme Court.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Fuck 2020.
    This year is fucking horrid. With a gop controlled supreme court, we can say goodbye to any enviromental advance IF Biden wins.
    Agreed. I'm at a loss for words.

If McConnell gets his vote and they replace RBG before the election, AND Biden wins and the Senate flips, I would put money on the Democrats expanding the courts. They have to push the nuclear button at this point whenever they get the chance.

Agreed. I'm at a loss for words.

If McConnell gets his vote and they replace RBG before the election, AND Biden wins and the Senate flips, I would put money on the Democrats expanding the courts. They have to push the nuclear button at this point whenever they get the chance.
    I'm sad. And angry. I'm sad that any future of our species is completely fucked if the US does not get into the Paris Accord. I'm incredibly angry because we know that 1 generation is fucking the future of everyone else on this planet.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.

Graham is unfortunately the relevant one here. He is the chairman of the Judiciary Committee, and he can stop this single handed if he wants. McConnell can't get it to the floor without him. Lindsey is on record as saying he will not advance a SC nominee in the last year of Trump's term.

Two relevant factors here:
    1) Lindsey is a damn liar.
    2) Lindsey's seat is... not secure, for the first time. He needs to know how this is going to play in S.C., because he is sitting on razor thin margins right now, and needs to know which way the needle tips on this one.

My guess is that he won't want to advance it through committee until after Nov. 3. They will ram this one through in the lame duck session. He has zero integrity, but he does want to win reelection, I think both he and McConnell will prefer this as a carrot to dangle.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    And now we'll get to see how big of a hypocritical piece of shit McConnel is as he rams through Trump's nominee right before the election.
    He's already performed the requisite mental gymnastics shortly after she died.

He won't get the nomination. If for one clear reason - he's too old. Yes, 49 is too old for the GOP. They need someone fresh off the Circuit Courts, in the 40ish age range. There are 10 judges on the Circuit Courts that are similar age or younger.
    They'll put up Tom Cotton. He was already on Trump's published short list a couple weeks ago, with Ted Cruz.

He's 43, and a fucking nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    lol some geezer on fox news saying sieze the moment and end roe v wade

not even 20 mins later lmao
    This was always the crown jewel of mcturtles moves on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Graham is unfortunately the relevant one here. He is the chairman of the Judiciary Committee, and he can stop this single handed if he wants. McConnell can't get it to the floor without him. Lindsey is on record as saying he will not advance a SC nominee in the last year of Trump's term.

Two relevant factors here:
    1) Lindsey is a damn liar.
    2) Lindsey's seat is... not secure, for the first time. He needs to know how this is going to play in S.C., because he is sitting on razor thin margins right now, and needs to know which way the needle tips on this one.

My guess is that he won't want to advance it through committee until after Nov. 3. They will ram this one through in the lame duck session. He has zero integrity, but he does want to win reelection, I think both he and McConnell will prefer this as a carrot to dangle.
    Republicans are going to want to do it before the election. It gives them a big win and a massive loss to Democrat morale. Keeping until after the election means Democrats will fight harder, something Republicans wouldn't want.

But we'll see, maybe Lindsey's personal thirst for power will outweigh his party's thirst for power.