Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ...
4
12
13
14
15
16
... LastLast
  1. #261
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    How so?
    Because you constantly handwave Scientific Statistics as useless like usual.
    Americans are the Chinese of the west. The main reason people tolerate them is because they are too big to ignore.

    "Admit nothing, deny everything, launch counterattack." - Roger Stone (Trump's Friend, Ally, and Campaign Advisor)

  2. #262
    Quote Originally Posted by Penguinius View Post
    I would advise all of you socialist morons to pull back, check your dogma and try being more civil to people who disagree with you. [/B].
    It says right after going on a long diatribe insulting people who disagreed with you. Hell, you even managed to be a hypocrite in that very sentence. Impressive.

  3. #263
    Man. 2020 is really trying to go out with a bang. A really really destructive bang.

  4. #264
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastard View Post
    It says right after going on a long diatribe insulting people who disagreed with you. Hell, you even managed to be a hypocrite in that very sentence. Impressive.
    I personally am a fan of how he starts off with playing the "I was wrongfully banned" victim card...and then immediately launches into a rant that clearly displays the actions he was rightfully banned for.

  5. #265
    The Insane PC2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    18,873
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Because you constantly handwave Scientific Statistics as useless like usual.
    No, what I do is point out how statistics can only tell you about things like 'correlations' and not *causation*. That's the truth and it's not anti-science in any way.
    -------
    A problem consists of a conflict between two ideas. Problems are soluble.
    Fallacies: Ad hominem, Generalizing history to predetermine the future.

  6. #266
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    No, what I do is point out how statistics can only tell you about things like 'correlations' and not *causation*. That's the truth and it's not anti-science in any way.
    That is absolutely not true, your post is just more proof that you're ignorant or anti-science.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2020-09-19 at 08:55 AM.
    Americans are the Chinese of the west. The main reason people tolerate them is because they are too big to ignore.

    "Admit nothing, deny everything, launch counterattack." - Roger Stone (Trump's Friend, Ally, and Campaign Advisor)

  7. #267
    Honestly a really touching article about her!

    https://news.yahoo.com/supreme-court...234700989.html

    I've disagreed with her, but that doesn't mean I haven't respected her. RBG was the toughest woman I've ever seen on this planet. I only wish a fraction of that stamina into my mom, who is battling her own cancer right now. We really did lose a great person yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

  8. #268
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumred View Post
    I always see people say this but what happens when the republicans win both back? It would be fair game to add more justices themselves. Then the democrats do the same thing down the road and before you know it the supreme court has over 100 justices.
    Ok be a pussy, sut back and let them continue to erode this country. I don't give a fuck at this point. The GOP has proven they will do what ever it takes to have power. When the Dems get back they need to seize the reigns and take things back.

  9. #269
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    No, what I do is point out how statistics can only tell you about things like 'correlations' and not *causation*. That's the truth and it's not anti-science in any way.
    I think we already know you think entire scientific fields are "fake news" like statistics, mathematics, physics etc.

  10. #270
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Ok be a pussy, sut back and let them continue to erode this country. I don't give a fuck at this point. The GOP has proven they will do what ever it takes to have power. When the Dems get back they need to seize the reigns and take things back.
    Its pretty simple. Democrats need to play as dirty as republicans do, and in this case it means expanding the size of the supreme court. We all know that if the places were reversed that is exactly what they would do with no qualms at all. Democrats need to do the same because otherwise the republicans will gradually turn the country into a authoritarian police state because in the medium to long term they sure as hell don't have numbers to hold onto power democratically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    I don't think I ever hide the fact I was a national socialist. The fact I am a German one is what technically makes me a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    You haven't seen nothing yet, we trumpsters will definitely be getting some cool uniforms soon I hope.

  11. #271
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Lookout
    Posts
    20,382
    Reading about her Death for the first time just made the Curb your Enthusiasm theme play in my head.

  12. #272
    Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    Its pretty simple. Democrats need to play as dirty as republicans do, and in this case it means expanding the size of the supreme court. We all know that if the places were reversed that is exactly what they would do with no qualms at all. Democrats need to do the same because otherwise the republicans will gradually turn the country into a authoritarian police state because in the medium to long term they sure as hell don't have numbers to hold onto power democratically.
    You tried that the last 4 years and you have not accomplished anything so far.

  13. #273
    Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    You tried that the last 4 years and you have not accomplished anything so far.
    Yeah, we know, you ignore anything that Republicans and Trump do.

  14. #274
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Apparently both Romney and Murkowski have committed to NOT confirming a new Justice until after the inauguration.

    All eyes on Collins.
    Hmm that's interesting. Collins is trailing in her relection bid but if she does the same then she might be able to hold her seat. She needs a hail mary right pass now and I can't think of any other one that might come along between now and Nov.

    But I still think they'll ram through another justice and Biden will need to expand the SCOTUS.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    You tried that the last 4 years and you have not accomplished anything so far.
    Yeah do keep on with creating your own version of reality. The democrats have done nothing of the sort.

    Or do you mean the democrats trying to remove an obviously corrupt president who tried to black mail and extort a foreign national leader by withholding congressionally mandated financial aid in order to get that leader to create a fake investigation into his internal political rival?
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    I don't think I ever hide the fact I was a national socialist. The fact I am a German one is what technically makes me a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    You haven't seen nothing yet, we trumpsters will definitely be getting some cool uniforms soon I hope.

  15. #275
    The Lightbringer Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    3,816
    Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    Hmm that's interesting. Collins is trailing in her relection bid but if she does the same then she might be able to hold her seat. She needs a hail mary right pass now and I can't think of any other one that might come along between now and Nov.

    But I still think they'll ram through another justice and Biden will need to expand the SCOTUS.
    Collins is already facing backlash against her confirming Kavanaugh, if she votes to push through another, she can kiss any chance of re-election goodbye.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  16. #276
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    NO. NO - this is patently FALSE - demonstrably so. We saw that turnout DID NOT INCREASE when Bernie was on the ballot. Not to mention that Bernie lost the primary. If what you claim were true, Bernie would have won the DNC Primary. He did not. It is time to put this lie and false narrative to bed.

    You need to stop pushing this literally false narrative. Bernie DOES NOT INCREASE TURNOUT.

    Excitement wins democrat votes/turnout. You are mistakenly thinking excitement has to have a positive focus.
    It’s not patently false. Primaries, especially democrat ones aren’t indicative of actual elections. Dems, by and large, vote in primaries not based on who best aligns with their values but who they think will win.

    As I’ve argued with you before, Dems don’t sit down at the negotiation table with what they want then work towards a compromise, they sit down with the compromise and then have to negotiate even further away from what they want.

    That is why the right has been able to move further and further right and why when faced with trying to defeat facism we have the most Reagan era republican like democrat of all the primary options.....because people felt like he could win.

    Beyond that, presidential elections are won by people who don’t vote in primaries.
    Last edited by Bodakane; 2020-09-19 at 11:50 AM.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history, there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they seem invincible.
    But in the end, they always fall. Always.- Mahatma Gandhi


  17. #277
    I pray that trump gets his pick in Democrats have gone too radical left.

  18. #278
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Man. 2020 is really trying to go out with a bang. A really really destructive bang.
    Fewer reasons to live each week.

    I decided ages ago I'd kill myself if I didnt hit certain milestones by 31. 31 in december and this year seems to keep pushing me towards that, who am I to argue with fate?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    No, what I do is point out how statistics can only tell you about things like 'correlations' and not *causation*. That's the truth and it's not anti-science in any way.
    You sound like one of those people who dont realize why the word "theory" is used so often in the sciences.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

  19. #279
    Quote Originally Posted by jediknight12 View Post
    I pray that trump gets his pick in Democrats have gone too radical left.
    You have no idea what the fuck radical left is.
    When I despair, I remember that all through history, there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they seem invincible.
    But in the end, they always fall. Always.- Mahatma Gandhi


  20. #280
    Quote Originally Posted by jediknight12 View Post
    I pray that trump gets his pick in Democrats have gone too radical left.
    You dont know what the left is.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •