Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ...
8
16
17
18
19
20
... LastLast
  1. #341
    Elemental Lord Beazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    8,218
    Called it in 2015.

    There will be confirmation hearings soon. Now, it doesnt matter who wins in nov.

  2. #342
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Called it in 2015.

    There will be confirmation hearings soon. Now, it doesnt matter who wins in nov.
    Spoiler alert - it never did.

  3. #343
    I find all the fantasies about blocking a nomination, stacking the court after the elections etc fucking adorable.

    Reality check guys...

    Democrats will lose. Chuck Schumer will moan and gasp and sigh and put his glasses on the tip of his nose then he'll bend over and let Moscow Mitch walk all over him.

    Murkowski and Romney and the rest will moan and sigh and then give Mitch his 51-49 vote.

    Nancy Pelosi will moan and sigh, wear a 5000 dollar scarf, tear up some papers on TV (Yaaaaaasss Queeeeen/s) then just say - Nothing can be done.

    Then come the contested elections in November and the 6-3 SCOTUS will vote 4 to 5 to hand Trump the presidency (Roberts will vote with the libs to protect his spot in the history books then retire to be replaced by another lunatic) . Then Barr can start arresting liberals and protesters for sedition and the 6-3 SCOTUS will rubber stamp every insanity that the GOP tells them to.

    The notion that the Democratic Party will somehow do anything to prevent this is fucking hilarious. Chuck Schumer's and Nancy Pelosi's DNC only exists to lose to the GOP and silence progressives within the party.

    Gimme a break.

    I hope ya'll ready for Gilead but dumber. Cuz it's coming.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2020-09-19 at 07:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    It doesnt destroy the land to bury styrofoam 25 feet below the ground
    Today Obama once again kneeled at the altar of environmental naziism and hurt this once great country. He has now banned all drilling in the Atlantic Ocean

  4. #344
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I find all the fantasies about blocking a nomination, stacking the court after the elections etc fucking adorable.

    Reality check guys...

    Democrats will lose. Chuck Schumer will moan and gasp and sigh and put his glasses on the tip of his nose then he'll bend over and let Moscow Mitch walk all over him.

    Murkowski and Romney and the rest will moan and sigh and then give Mitch his 51-49 vote.

    Nancy Pelosi will moan and sigh, wear a 5000 dollar scarf, tear up some papers on TV then just say - Nothing can be done.

    Then come the contested elections in November and the 6-3 SCOTUS will vote 4 to 5 to hand Trump the presidency (Roberts will vote with the libs to protect his spot in the history books then retire to be replaced by another lunatic) . Then Barr can start arresting liberals and protesters for sedition and the 6-3 SCOTUS will rubber stamp every insanity that the GOP tells them to.

    The notion that the Democratic Party will somehow do anything to prevent this is fucking hilarious. Chuck Schumer's and Nancy Pelosi's DNC only exists to lose to the GOP and silence progressives within the party.

    Gimme a break.
    Even if the Dems block this (and they absolutely can btw because the senate operates on an unanimous consent system), I can't imagine Biden putting anyone on the court better than a Romney. They'll then proceed to not focus on the courts once again because of their insane sense of moral high ground.

    Not news that the dems want to do the bare minimum to keep their positions of power - as long as they can continuously string people along by remaining the opposition party, they never have to worry about hard stuff like court packing and expansive legislation like M4A.

    People will go with it because at the end of the day, what other choice do they have?
    Last edited by infinitemeridian; 2020-09-19 at 07:08 PM.

  5. #345
    Merely a Setback JohnBrown1917's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Posts
    26,417
    If her ego had not been so big she could have retired back when the dems still had the power to push somebody through.
    Communism will win.

  6. #346
    The Undying Themius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    36,716
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    If her ego had not been so big she could have retired back when the dems still had the power to push somebody through.
    Seriously another bot? This is the exact response someone else already had. It was bogus then it is bogus now.

    I mean or are these talking points from the kremlin?

  7. #347
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    If her ego had not been so big she could have retired back when the dems still had the power to push somebody through.
    howd u know she didnt suggest it? itd be no suprise to me if the dem strat folks said nah.

    she didnt seem to have much of an ego really.

  8. #348
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    she didnt seem to have much of an ego really.
    SCOTUS Nominations should be above Politics, RBG was not playing petty politics with either party. Obama asked her to leave, she said no. This whole Hubris and Ego narrative is being pushed by the deplorable right.

    She was asked to leave because she had cancer and Obama still had the Senate at that time.
    Americans are the Chinese of the west. The main reason people tolerate them is because they are too big to ignore.

    "Admit nothing, deny everything, launch counterattack." - Roger Stone (Trump's Friend, Ally, and Campaign Advisor)

  9. #349
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Called it in 2015.

    There will be confirmation hearings soon. Now, it doesnt matter who wins in nov.
    This is bullshit. If anything it matters MORE. It's the difference between having everything Trump and the GOP want rubberstamped by SCOTUS and having Biden's policies challenged/struck down. The one is objectively horrible, the other is annoying and inconvenient...unless more Justices are added to the Court.

  10. #350
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    You mean like Obama's first 2 years?

    These are the Democrats we're talking about here. They're better by far than the Republicans, but they're still basically a center-right ideological group. They may favor worker rights more and business rights less, but the Democrats have been in charge multiple times since the tax rate was where it should be. Did we see taxes go up on businesses or the wealthy? Nope. Puerto Rico still hasn't voted in favor of statehood. And lets not forget Guam guys. Noone has adjusted the number of SCOTUS members in over a 150 years, and if the party of "bad governance" won't do it, the Democrats sure won't.

    Hell, I would honestly be surprised if the Post Office is fixed.

    I don't expect the Democrats to actually do much this cycle other than not be deplorable.
    Which is pretty sad actually.

    There's a question no Trump voter has an answer to: how did your life get better under Trump? Haven't heard a peep about that.

    If Democrats win 2020 they could stay in power for a generation simply by noticable improving the life of the average American.

  11. #351
    The one good thing about this news is that somehow it's persuaded swathes of conservatives to get banned on social media. They somehow can't stop themselves from shouting "the whore-enabler finally got what she deserved" and the like. I'm sure all of them are now unironically posting "I always get banned for being conservative " in their safe spaces.

  12. #352
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    52,566
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Spoiler alert - it never did.
    Than why are GOP so pissed an eager to replace Ginsberg? Spoiler alert... this is a lazy argument...
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  13. #353
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    The one good thing about this news is that somehow it's persuaded swathes of conservatives to get banned on social media. They somehow can't stop themselves from shouting "the whore-enabler finally got what she deserved" and the like. I'm sure all of them are now unironically posting "I always get banned for being conservative " in their safe spaces.
    They were idiots if they were posting that(if true). But I do find it funny that they can be banned for that, but leftists can attack high profile people on the right and never seem to face the same banning? Don't get me wrong, I still think that saying something like that about Ginsberg is wrong an shows no class, but I would like to see the same stand applied against the other side also.

  14. #354
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    52,566
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Even if the Dems block this (and they absolutely can btw because the senate operates on an unanimous consent system), I can't imagine Biden putting anyone on the court better than a Romney. They'll then proceed to not focus on the courts once again because of their insane sense of moral high ground.
    Yes, this is why this nomination is going to be a fight... because the difference between democrats and republican nominations are meaningless. How about this... bullshit...

    Not news that the dems want to do the bare minimum to keep their positions of power - as long as they can continuously string people along by remaining the opposition party, they never have to worry about hard stuff like court packing and expansive legislation like M4A.
    Yeah, it’s not like the passed ACA... wtf?

    People will go with it because at the end of the day, what other choice do they have?
    You go from them being the same, to what choice do they have, but to vote opposition?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by silveth View Post
    They were idiots if they were posting that(if true). But I do find it funny that they can be banned for that, but leftists can attack high profile people on the right and never seem to face the same banning? Don't get me wrong, I still think that saying something like that about Ginsberg is wrong an shows no class, but I would like to see the same stand applied against the other side also.
    What other side? Belligerent ass holes are on the same side... “both sides” bullshit is just an excuse to feel better about your self, as you deflect from assholes, because you got convinced they are on your team.
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  15. #355
    Quote Originally Posted by silveth View Post
    but I would like to see the same stand applied against the other side also.
    It is. All the time. Conservatives just don't see it because they're laser focused on their perpetual victimhood.

  16. #356
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I disagree. When it comes to Trump, Roberts was NOT a fan, and so in that arena of law, I believe the court was sitting at least 5-4. Keep in mind that the court ruled 7-2 against Trump in the tax records case.

    When it comes to the election shenanigans we're sure to see, I don't think it's possible to predict where the court will fall.
    I disagree, I am not sure why people on the left have build up this fantasy about Roberts. The supreme court is already lost to us let the republicans fall upon their swords so that the religious right can try to enact their fantasy of the handmaiden's tale. Democrats should be smart about this and leverage it by making it as painful as possible to win the senate and the white house. Trump is bound to pick someone more like Kavanaugh than anything else.

  17. #357
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    64,270
    Quote Originally Posted by silveth View Post
    They were idiots if they were posting that(if true). But I do find it funny that they can be banned for that, but leftists can attack high profile people on the right and never seem to face the same banning? Don't get me wrong, I still think that saying something like that about Ginsberg is wrong an shows no class, but I would like to see the same stand applied against the other side also.
    It is.

    Your perspective on this is an entirely manufactured and completely meritless persecution complex.

  18. #358
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    52,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    It is. All the time. Conservatives just don't see it because they're laser focused on their perpetual victimhood.
    It’s fox new fair and balanced... where you act like an asshole, then wonder why everyone else is not being treated like one.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Your perspective on this is an entirely manufactured and completely meritless persecution complex.
    Is it? I think it’s taking every insult and folly of Trump, personally. If you have a lump of shit and a rose, the fact that the two are not treated the same, is not due to bias.
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  19. #359
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I disagree. I have to. The Democrats cannot afford to play that game again - they will doom themselves and the nation.
    The nations doomed no matter what at this point. The damage done to our voting populace is to much, they're stupid, they're ignorant, and they openly support things that only hurt us all.

    There is no hope
    There is no future
    Things will not get better because you really want them too. Thats not how reality works. Things trend downward and keep trending downward. The best you can do is leave the country if you can afford it or just wait the sweet release of death like everyone else.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    To be honest I think they've learnt their lesson from that disaster.

    The democrats took the high ground and then the republicans ripped up every rule and norm they came across, and the democrats were big giant losers because of it.

    So I don't think they'll be repeating that mistake.

    Though I don't know how far they will go, at bare minimum I fully expect the democrats to rip up the fillibuster.

    Hopefully though they will go much further than that and grant DC statehood, allow puerto rico to have referendum on it, as well as appoint 2 new SCOTUS judges.

    The ever shrinking minority party should not nor ever have the lions share of political power.
    The democrats have spent the last 4 years still top toeing around and even now they're not being near as aggressive as they could and should be.

    Give up.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Which is pretty sad actually.

    There's a question no Trump voter has an answer to: how did your life get better under Trump? Haven't heard a peep about that.

    If Democrats win 2020 they could stay in power for a generation simply by noticable improving the life of the average American.
    Yeah that worked well for our last two democrat presidents didnt it?

    Just like the generally lowering in quality of life under conservative presidents ensured they'd never hold power again right?

    What you're talking about it fantasy. A reality you wish to be true because it makes sense. But its not going to happen. It depends on an educated populace and if you havent found out by now that the populace is by and large stupid, then you've had your head waaaaay up your own ass for some time.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

  20. #360
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    solve coagula
    Posts
    52,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    The nations doomed no matter what at this point. The damage done to our voting populace is to much, they're stupid, they're ignorant, and they openly support things that only hurt us all.

    There is no hope
    There is no future
    Things will not get better because you really want them too. Thats not how reality works. Things trend downward and keep trending downward. The best you can do is leave the country if you can afford it or just wait the sweet release of death like everyone else.

    - - - Updated - - -



    The democrats have spent the last 4 years still top toeing around and even now they're not being near as aggressive as they could and should be.

    Give up.
    Fucking doomers... lol

    Just put this on a loop, as loud as possible... plant your ass on a speaker... stay there until you feel better... repeat if symptoms return...

    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •