Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Y'all really are unaware of the fact that France is a nuclear armed power in this silly QAnon calculation, huh?
    They lack enough of them to meet MAD deterrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I think that is a mistake by the GOP. However, Trump could counter and say he will not nominate anyone until after the election.
    Based on what? He's been talking about SCOTUS nominees for weeks already, and was literally talking about a potential Justice Cruz as word of RBG's death started to spread.

Y'all really are unaware of the fact that France is a nuclear armed power in this silly QAnon calculation, huh?
    Russia doesn't have a choice.

if the US collapses into civil war, Russia and China cannot sit out of the conflict because the US has a gazillion nukes. The US could balkanize into 5 banana republics, each run by some tinpot dictator ready to fire off a slew a nukes at the rest of the world because they had a bad day. Russia and China absolutely must invade the US to restore order to prevent that. Russia and China also know that Europe will reject the idea of Russia and China invading the US. So that means Russia has to invade Europe as well to shut them up.

So we have a situation where the US is on the brink of civil war and Russia is massing a huge army on the border of Ukraine ready to blitz Europe.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Well, if the Democrats sweep all 3 houses despite all the Republican cheating which them forcing them might force an even bigger turn out from pissed of Americans it effectively mandates them expanding and packing the courts to undo all of McConnell's fuckery.

Or plot twist, they actually investigate Trump and McConnell and get them on major charges which effectively invalidates their nominations as being tainted by foreign interests.
    How are they going to investigate without subpoenas? Trump achieves legal protection when he finishes this appointment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't go to Europe that's for sure. Once the civil war starts, America will be unable to fulfill its duties to protect NATO countries. Putin is massing a huge army on its border right now. That army is gonna blitz straight across Europe, cross the channel and park in downtown London. (I mean Putingrad)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-Ukraine.html

https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/even...to-in-ukraine/
    Russia would run out of gas in Germany.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Based on what? He's been talking about SCOTUS nominees for weeks already, and was literally talking about a potential Justice Cruz as word of RBG's death started to spread.
    Dude... civil war... it’s always civil war...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    They lack enough of them to meet MAD deterrence.
    Pst, so does Russia.

Skroe's posts about the awful state of Russia's nuclear and military arsenal and its utter unpreparedness for an actual stand up conflict with any other developed nation haven't changed just because he got banned. Lol.

Again, it's very evident from the Republican posts in this thread that their view of the world is not reflective of reality and in fact appears to be a McCarthyist caricature wherein commies are hiding behind every corner and Russia is just one invasion away rather than the real world in which the planet is on fire and our biggest domestic threats are in fact a) capitalists, and b) white supremacists.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2020-09-19 at 01:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Russia doesn't have a choice.

if the US collapses into civil war, Russia and China cannot sit out of the conflict because the US has a gazillion nukes. The US could balkanize into 5 banana republics, each run by some tinpot dictator ready to fire off a slew a nukes at the rest of the world because they had a bad day. Russia and China absolutely must invade the US to restore order to prevent that. Russia and China also know that Europe will reject the idea of Russia and China invading the US. So that means Russia has to invade Europe as well to shut them up.
    Neither can invade the US, even without the US Navy standing in their way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pst, so does Russia.

Skroe's posts about the awful state of Russia's nuclear and military arsenal and its utter unpreparedness for an actual stand up conflict with any other developed nation haven't changed just because he got banned. Lol.
    They can’t afford to pay their nuclear scientists. The fear of terrorist getting their hands on nukes, is almost always based around Russian workers having access and no money.

Edit: There is the Moscow Russia that you see on TV that looks like everywhere else... and then there is Russia that blows up pipe lines, because remote villages that it runs through, get jobs when people come to fix it.

- - - Updated - - -

Lost cause... he believes the axis powers will be US and Russia, versus everyone else... including US...
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-09-19 at 01:30 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Pst, so does Russia.

Again, it's very evident from the Republican posts in this thread that their view of the world is not reflective of reality and in fact appears to be a McCarthyist caricature wherein commies are hiding behind every corner and Russia is just one invasion away.
    Russia still at least 1000 warheads they can deliver, so the meet MAD, but they would be unwilling to use them against Europe offensively as they are what keeps China at bay.

Not in the current situation. But if the US collapses into civil war, Russia will immediately enter a pact with Trump and support his faction. China will probably be signing a pact with the Trump faction shortly thereafter. No one is coming to help the democrats. This is like WoW where 3-4 cosmic forces dogpile on the Void. Everyone is dogpiling on the left.

There is no way Trump loses a civil war. A good chunk of the US military will back Trump. Trump will merge that with Russian forces and then Chinese forces.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    How are they going to investigate without subpoenas? Trump achieves legal protection when he finishes this appointment.
    Trump goes out, Biden comes in, new Attorney General, investigates Trump and his ties to Russia and McConnell's with how they funneled money to his PAC through the NRA and to his state when they lifted sanctions. Then they take him to court with an ironclad case.

He doesn't get legal protection in that sense and if they actually ruled in that fashion, then things are going to get very violent in this nation and they know it.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Russia still at least 1000 warheads they can deliver
    So they claim. They also claimed the Skripals got sick off window poisoning...sorry, food window... Chicken poisoning? Whatever their latest nonsense is.

Y'all really seek out the weirdest battles to fight. Lol.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not in the current situation. But if the US collapses into civil war, Russia will immediately enter a pact with Trump and support his faction. China will probably be signing a pact with the Trump faction shortly thereafter. No one is coming to help the democrats. This is like WoW where 3-4 cosmic forces dogpile on the Void. Everyone is dogpiling on the left.

There is no way Trump loses a civil war. A good chunk of the US military will back Trump. Trump will merge that with Russian forces and then Chinese forces.
    Tom Clancy if he was braindead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Tom Clancy if he was braindead.
    So, Tom Clancy.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    We need to win the presidency, win back the Senate and pack the courts.
    Love the tribalism.

YOU MUST FOLLOW OUR LAWS! ONLY WE CAN BE TRUSTED TO RULE!
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

10+ Year Old Account

What the why? Why would they do this? Why wouldn’t they stay out and make a fortune and become the dominant force in the world, rebuilding the mess your civil war created. You know... someone is going to need to rebuild factories, ports, airports and the entire economy... Why would China not be that country?

If US falls to civil war, both Russian and China win, by simply pointing and laughing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    Love the tribalism.

YOU MUST FOLLOW OUR LAWS! ONLY WE CAN BE TRUSTED TO RULE!
    When the alternative is an actual fascist it's not tribalism, it's self-preservation.

People aren't at risk from dying under a Democrat Presidency to nearly the same extent. And no, people, property damage is not death despite how much you try and equate the two.

10+ Year Old Account

Uh, you seem to forget a large portion of the US military still sees Russia as an enemy, and China even more so.

Crossposting:

A RAY OF HOPE. Grassley and Collins have apparently joined Romney and Murkowski in committing to not confirming a new Justice until after the inauguration. There is NOTHING to hold them to their promises, of course, but they've all now made these statements publicly as far as I can tell so it's likely the most we're going to get at this point.

EDIT: UGH, jumped the gun, apparently Grassley's comments were made earlier this year so who the fuck knows anymore. I wish I drank.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2020-09-19 at 01:39 AM.