Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    If her ego had not been so big she could have retired back when the dems still had the power to push somebody through.
    Seriously another bot? This is the exact response someone else already had. It was bogus then it is bogus now.

I mean or are these talking points from the kremlin?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    If her ego had not been so big she could have retired back when the dems still had the power to push somebody through.
    howd u know she didnt suggest it? itd be no suprise to me if the dem strat folks said nah.

she didnt seem to have much of an ego really.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    she didnt seem to have much of an ego really.
    SCOTUS Nominations should be above Politics, RBG was not playing petty politics with either party. Obama asked her to leave, she said no. This whole Hubris and Ego narrative is being pushed by the deplorable right.

She was asked to leave because she had cancer and Obama still had the Senate at that time.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Called it in 2015.

There will be confirmation hearings soon. Now, it doesnt matter who wins in nov.
    This is bullshit. If anything it matters MORE. It's the difference between having everything Trump and the GOP want rubberstamped by SCOTUS and having Biden's policies challenged/struck down. The one is objectively horrible, the other is annoying and inconvenient...unless more Justices are added to the Court.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    You mean like Obama's first 2 years?

These are the Democrats we're talking about here. They're better by far than the Republicans, but they're still basically a center-right ideological group. They may favor worker rights more and business rights less, but the Democrats have been in charge multiple times since the tax rate was where it should be. Did we see taxes go up on businesses or the wealthy? Nope. Puerto Rico still hasn't voted in favor of statehood. And lets not forget Guam guys. Noone has adjusted the number of SCOTUS members in over a 150 years, and if the party of "bad governance" won't do it, the Democrats sure won't.

Hell, I would honestly be surprised if the Post Office is fixed.

I don't expect the Democrats to actually do much this cycle other than not be deplorable.
    Which is pretty sad actually.

There's a question no Trump voter has an answer to: how did your life get better under Trump? Haven't heard a peep about that.

If Democrats win 2020 they could stay in power for a generation simply by noticable improving the life of the average American.

The one good thing about this news is that somehow it's persuaded swathes of conservatives to get banned on social media. They somehow can't stop themselves from shouting "the whore-enabler finally got what she deserved" and the like. I'm sure all of them are now unironically posting "I always get banned for being conservative " in their safe spaces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Spoiler alert - it never did.
    Than why are GOP so pissed an eager to replace Ginsberg? Spoiler alert... this is a lazy argument...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    The one good thing about this news is that somehow it's persuaded swathes of conservatives to get banned on social media. They somehow can't stop themselves from shouting "the whore-enabler finally got what she deserved" and the like. I'm sure all of them are now unironically posting "I always get banned for being conservative " in their safe spaces.
    They were idiots if they were posting that(if true). But I do find it funny that they can be banned for that, but leftists can attack high profile people on the right and never seem to face the same banning? Don't get me wrong, I still think that saying something like that about Ginsberg is wrong an shows no class, but I would like to see the same stand applied against the other side also.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Even if the Dems block this (and they absolutely can btw because the senate operates on an unanimous consent system), I can't imagine Biden putting anyone on the court better than a Romney. They'll then proceed to not focus on the courts once again because of their insane sense of moral high ground.
    Yes, this is why this nomination is going to be a fight... because the difference between democrats and republican nominations are meaningless. How about this... bullshit...

Not news that the dems want to do the bare minimum to keep their positions of power - as long as they can continuously string people along by remaining the opposition party, they never have to worry about hard stuff like court packing and expansive legislation like M4A.
    Yeah, it’s not like the passed ACA... wtf?

People will go with it because at the end of the day, what other choice do they have?
    You go from them being the same, to what choice do they have, but to vote opposition?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by silveth View Post
    They were idiots if they were posting that(if true). But I do find it funny that they can be banned for that, but leftists can attack high profile people on the right and never seem to face the same banning? Don't get me wrong, I still think that saying something like that about Ginsberg is wrong an shows no class, but I would like to see the same stand applied against the other side also.
    What other side? Belligerent ass holes are on the same side... “both sides” bullshit is just an excuse to feel better about your self, as you deflect from assholes, because you got convinced they are on your team.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

but I would like to see the same stand applied against the other side also.
    It is. All the time. Conservatives just don't see it because they're laser focused on their perpetual victimhood.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I disagree. When it comes to Trump, Roberts was NOT a fan, and so in that arena of law, I believe the court was sitting at least 5-4. Keep in mind that the court ruled 7-2 against Trump in the tax records case.

When it comes to the election shenanigans we're sure to see, I don't think it's possible to predict where the court will fall.
    I disagree, I am not sure why people on the left have build up this fantasy about Roberts. The supreme court is already lost to us let the republicans fall upon their swords so that the religious right can try to enact their fantasy of the handmaiden's tale. Democrats should be smart about this and leverage it by making it as painful as possible to win the senate and the white house. Trump is bound to pick someone more like Kavanaugh than anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is.

Your perspective on this is an entirely manufactured and completely meritless persecution complex.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    It is. All the time. Conservatives just don't see it because they're laser focused on their perpetual victimhood.
    It’s fox new fair and balanced... where you act like an asshole, then wonder why everyone else is not being treated like one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Your perspective on this is an entirely manufactured and completely meritless persecution complex.
    Is it? I think it’s taking every insult and folly of Trump, personally. If you have a lump of shit and a rose, the fact that the two are not treated the same, is not due to bias.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I disagree. I have to. The Democrats cannot afford to play that game again - they will doom themselves and the nation.
    The nations doomed no matter what at this point. The damage done to our voting populace is to much, they're stupid, they're ignorant, and they openly support things that only hurt us all.

There is no hope
    There is no future
    Things will not get better because you really want them too. Thats not how reality works. Things trend downward and keep trending downward. The best you can do is leave the country if you can afford it or just wait the sweet release of death like everyone else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    To be honest I think they've learnt their lesson from that disaster.

The democrats took the high ground and then the republicans ripped up every rule and norm they came across, and the democrats were big giant losers because of it.

So I don't think they'll be repeating that mistake.

Though I don't know how far they will go, at bare minimum I fully expect the democrats to rip up the fillibuster.

Hopefully though they will go much further than that and grant DC statehood, allow puerto rico to have referendum on it, as well as appoint 2 new SCOTUS judges.

The ever shrinking minority party should not nor ever have the lions share of political power.
    The democrats have spent the last 4 years still top toeing around and even now they're not being near as aggressive as they could and should be.

Give up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Which is pretty sad actually.

There's a question no Trump voter has an answer to: how did your life get better under Trump? Haven't heard a peep about that.

If Democrats win 2020 they could stay in power for a generation simply by noticable improving the life of the average American.
    Yeah that worked well for our last two democrat presidents didnt it?

Just like the generally lowering in quality of life under conservative presidents ensured they'd never hold power again right?

What you're talking about it fantasy. A reality you wish to be true because it makes sense. But its not going to happen. It depends on an educated populace and if you havent found out by now that the populace is by and large stupid, then you've had your head waaaaay up your own ass for some time.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    The nations doomed no matter what at this point. The damage done to our voting populace is to much, they're stupid, they're ignorant, and they openly support things that only hurt us all.

There is no hope
    There is no future
    Things will not get better because you really want them too. Thats not how reality works. Things trend downward and keep trending downward. The best you can do is leave the country if you can afford it or just wait the sweet release of death like everyone else.

- - - Updated - - -

The democrats have spent the last 4 years still top toeing around and even now they're not being near as aggressive as they could and should be.

Give up.
    Fucking doomers... lol

Just put this on a loop, as loud as possible... plant your ass on a speaker... stay there until you feel better... repeat if symptoms return...

Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    You tried that the last 4 years and you have not accomplished anything so far.
    I'm sorry what dirty play happened. JFC you people don't live in reality.

10+ Year Old Account

There is no hope
    There is no future

- - - Updated - - -

Give up.

- - - Updated - - -

Just like the generally lowering in quality of life under conservative presidents ensured they'd never hold power again right?

What you're talking about it fantasy. A reality you wish to be true because it makes sense. But its not going to happen. It depends on an educated populace and if you havent found out by now that the populace is by and large stupid, then you've had your head waaaaay up your own ass for some time.
    Good god your cynicism is annoying.

If you've "given up hope," then shut up and sulk by yourself. Your moaning is neither insightful nor helpful.

I, for one, don't believe that the fate of the western world relied solely on when an octogenarian passed away.

People are spinning doomsday theories. Fucking nothing has happened yet. Mail-in votes have not been "thrown out in catastrophic number" yet. Trump has NOT "stolen" the presidency yet. This "now republican packed" supreme court hasn't ruled on anything yet or declared anyone president yet. Nothing is written.

So either you can deal with the situation as it comes, prescribe some sort of solution to the problems at hand, or shut the fuck up and go feel sorry for yourself quietly.

All of this despair and hopelessness? This is exactly what the deplorables want. They want this to be as quick and painless and get as many people to dip out. Because they know they don't have the popular vote or popular sentiment. They're trying to weasel their way into as many positions of temporary power because they know in the grand scheme of things they're on their way out.

Luckily, if donations to Democratic causes since Ginsberg's passing are any evidence, most people aren't such pathetic sadsacks as I'm seeing around here.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2020-09-19 at 09:28 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I disagree, I am not sure why people on the left have build up this fantasy about Roberts. The supreme court is already lost to us let the republicans fall upon their swords so that the religious right can try to enact their fantasy of the handmaiden's tale. Democrats should be smart about this and leverage it by making it as painful as possible to win the senate and the white house. Trump is bound to pick someone more like Kavanaugh than anything else.
    Amy Coney Barrett

Remember this name

Republicans are radicalized right now but they are not stupid. They know how bad it will look when they make abortion a "states rights issue" which is going to be the true result of this new extremist court. They know that 5 men voting in favor of restricting rights to women will look extremely terrible but having a woman in your group of 5 will make it so the conservatives can say "see a woman did have a say".

But yeah we all knows how this goes down. There won't be court packing and any liberal agenda is dead for 30 years. Goodbye what remains of worker rights, consumer protections, healthcare access (any chance of a single payer will become a "states rights issue" where states can opt out), minority/special class protections (because everyone is "equal" so they are all going to be treated the same), voter access (doing it right now so it will continue) and gerrymandering will be the order of the day.

I said this before and I'll repeat it again. Do people honestly believe in the year 2020 that the general populous by the year 2040s= will want to have aspects of their lives dictated by people born in the 1980s that wanted a political structure that was the norm in the 1950s?

All I have to warn is to conservatives there will be a time the bill will come due for your actions and its starting to look like at the way you failed to reach out to a majority of the people under 40 and a majority of ethnic minorities out there want nothing of this brand of "conservatism". I have a strong feeling that by 2030 we will look back and say how Republicans were made into a regional party because of how victory has defeated (you). Republicans spent all political capital on a stacked judiciary and your scorched earth politics failed to attract the next generation outside the edgy youtuber/incels communities and here in 10/20 years I expect the pendulum to swing back much harder because of your actions today.
    Last edited by akris15; 2020-09-19 at 09:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

There is no hope
    There is no future

- - - Updated - - -

Give up.

- - - Updated - - -

how does giving up accomplish anything?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    how does giving up accomplish anything?
    I'm gonna vote, and then if things don't work out... I'm gonna move to another country. I have three in mind.