Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    This is kind of Ginsburg's own fault. She could have retired when Obama had control of the senate and she was in her 80s with a worthwhile candidate.
    Not really. Republicans would have done ANYTHING to block that one too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    Of course he did. That's what the Democrats wanted, if threads on this board are any indication. Cater to the middle. Work on the soft Republicans, and fuck the left.
    He's a fucking idiot, then.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    If whatever Trump's SCOTUS pick goes through, I expect that if the Dems can wrestle back the Presidency and Senate, they do nothing short of going nuclear and killing the fillibuster. Adding Puerto Rico and DC as states (+4 Dem Senators). And expanding / stacking the Supreme Court to add +4 justices.

All of this needs to begin in the first week of Biden's presidency.

I will give him a week to begin this, because he also needs to replace Barr and begin a lot of legal prosecution of the criminals running this fucking government right now.

If none of this happens, well then, America is lost and I'm going to be looking into dual citizenship and moving to Canada as soon as the border re-opens because the world is trying to quarantine are plagued-asses.
    So your answer to to implement dictatorship? Forget rules, forget history, break everything and change it to how I want. No questions or push back allowed? Rebuild the government exactly how my side wants it. My side and everything they do is always right.... right?

Good to know that all the accusations about Trump being a dictator and all the antifa crap about the fascist government is really just just complaining that it not my side with all the power.

Back to the appointment if they do it, they do it. Its no different then all the other times it has been done, yes even in election years. The key difference between this year and Obama's last year is that the democrats didn't have the Senate, so there was no way they were going to confirm a supreme court appointment before the election. As stated by many, that has not happened in over a century from both sides.

There is no high road because everyone should admit that the democrats would not confirm it this year if they held the Senate right now and we know that if they held the Senate and Hillary was the current president they would push their pick in no matter how loud the republicans would scream.

Oh and since you want to make DC a state, where do you want to move the capitol of the country to? The land of Washington was removed from the state it belonged in because they didn't want the Capitol of the country to be in any one state. If you want to change that, then we have to move the capitol and Washington City (no longer DC) would go back to Virginia.

Since you want to make Puerto Rice a state I guess we can move the Federal government to .... Guam?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Not really. Republicans would have done ANYTHING to block that one too.
    The democrats had both the Senate and the House during Obama's first term. You know that right? If she had stepped down, they controlled fully the replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by silveth View Post
    So your answer to to implement dictatorship? Forget rules, forget history, break everything and change it to how I want. No questions or push back allowed? Rebuild the government exactly how my side wants it. My side and everything they do is always right.... right?

Good to know that all the accusations about Trump being a dictator and all the antifa crap about the fascist government is really just just complaining that it not my side with all the power.

Back to the appointment if they do it, they do it. Its no different then all the other times it has been done, yes even in election years. The key difference between this year and Obama's last year is that the democrats didn't have the Senate, so there was no way they were going to confirm a supreme court appointment before the election. As stated by many, that has not happened in over a century from both sides.

There is no high road because everyone should admit that the democrats would not confirm it this year if they held the Senate right now and we know that if they held the Senate and Hillary was the current president they would push their pick in no matter how loud the republicans would scream.

Oh and since you want to make DC a state, where do you want to move the capitol of the country to? The land of Washington was removed from the state it belonged in because they didn't want the Capitol of the country to be in any one state. If you want to change that, then we have to move the capitol and Washington City (no longer DC) would go back to Virginia.

Since you want to make Puerto Rice a state I guess we can move the Federal government to .... Guam?
    I'm sorry what?
    Dude, as all of my antifa friends say. You dont argue with a fascist, you crush him/her. Gaming the system in order to make it resemble the current America and make it more representative and less opresive, is not fascist, quite the opposite, in fact.

If i was given the power, i'd send all (and i mean ALL) of the GOP senators, the white house (barring, maybe the youngest Trump childs), Barr et al, to a gulag in northern Alaska.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

5+ Year Old Account
    In respect to Ginsberg, this thread will be closed. We don't need discussion from several threads spilling over into here.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."