Poll: Would you take the arrangement?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Alright you can have immortality BUT!

Alright you can have immortality BUT!

You have to live in this house forever, and the only time you can leave or be seen is from Oct 1st 12:00am to Oct 31st 11:59pm NOT EXCEPTIONS. The consequences for breaking these rule is death and the end of your immortality.

You will never age outside of that window of time Oct 1st to Oct 31st. Outside of that time you are invisible, the house belongs to a trust you will own so it's yours forever.

Would you take the arrangement?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would you be allowed to otherwise communicate?
    Letters, email, forums, etc?
    - Lars

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    Would you be allowed to otherwise communicate?
    Letters, email, forums, etc?
    Only within the window from Oct 1st to Oct 31st of any other year, after or before that you don't exist, anything you manipulate outside of the home would vanish.

Keep in mind during the Window the Month of Oct you can do whatever you want GO where ever you want, but you can't do that before Oct 1st 12am and you have to be back no later than 11:59pm Oct 31st exactly.

Sorry Emails? Yes, Forums? Yes, Letters? No
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2020-09-19 at 01:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone else live in that house with me?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    Can someone else live in that house with me?
    Yes, but you are the only one held to the agreement.

I think I might have accidentally said yes on the poll, but no way. I have no idea why people want to be immortal and I have no desire to only leave my house 1 month of the year, no way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seirith View Post
    I think I might have accidentally said yes on the poll, but no way. I have no idea why people want to be immortal and I have no desire to only leave my house 1 month of the year, no way.
    I have a sneaking suspicion this arrangement might be right up some people's ally.

Who the heck would want to be immortal but shackled to a spot... that'd be torture, or incarceration at best.

Might as well be a ghost haunting the premises.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only important question here is "is the wifi reliable?"
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    make money online, seduce women on dating websites and make them come, change your house so that it has a room getting sunlight with no window, and just go outside to die if there's a war or something that removes internet and everything in your country, paradise

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    The only important question here is "is the wifi reliable?"
    sure, probably have to pay a year in advanced

Sure can always change my mind and just die whenever I want.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah of course I would take the immortality deal. Anybody who's not in a death cult knows that infinite life would be a great thing.

With immortality you'd also get to experience all future technology which could help to solve the house constraint issue. A person might be able to go in to "hibernation mode" for 11 months in their house so that subjectively speaking you're always experiencing the month of September while you're awake. Also realistic virtual reality is possible in theory so eventually you could put yourself in any location even if your real body is sitting in your house the whole time.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Nan being inside to much depresses me I wouldn’t last a year.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why would I want immortality here on the earth and watch my children slowly die off? Plus, my real self already has immortality.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Why would I want immortality here on the earth and watch my children slowly die off? Plus, my real self already has immortality.
    Isn't heaven a perfect utopia though? What would you do in heaven? It seems boring imo.

What makes real life so fun is that there is always imperfection and room for improvement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Isn't heaven a perfect utopia though? What would you do in heaven? It seems boring imo.

What makes real life so fun is that there is always imperfection and room for improvement.
    I agreed with you on your death cult comment, but tread carefully on this one, it really does arrive at the door of forbidden topics. I also understand where GP is coming from the OP is simply supposed to be a thought experiment of sorts.

As I said I agree with you, but honestly immortality, this kind of any other might be a lot harder on some than others. I would say watching loved ones die is certainly a good reason to decide not to.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    I agreed with you on your death cult comment, but tread carefully on this one, it really does arrive at the door of forbidden topics. I also understand where GP is coming from the OP is simply supposed to be a thought experiment of sorts.

As I said I agree with you, but honestly immortality, this kind of any other might be a lot harder on some than others. I would say watching loved ones die is certainly a good reason to decide not to.
    Okay but I'm just thinking about it in terms of a 'secular utopia'. If we're talking about living forever then there's has to be some reason to live forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Okay but I'm just thinking about it in terms of a 'secular utopia'. If we're talking about living forever then there's has to be some reason to live forever.
    Why does their have to be a reason? Seriously who made that rule?

I think Utopia is a far stretch. Some people as was pointed out may not want to watch their loved ones pass, while they can not. Much of life lived has as much to do with who it's lived with.

For some living isn't enough, I am don't particularly share that over some reasonable and prudent argument. I mean death is death, I would much rather live, especially on my own terms healthy and what not.

That however isn't true for everyone. It's true some embrace death because of some overly emotional symptom, which yes could for sure include because the loss of loved ones.

But if life as a source as it is infinite for one, but not say anyone else, well that could just as soon mean no life at all.

It could very well be your brain maybe even mine is wired in a way that is conditioned for the adventure, seeing that death can be part of a process where it might not otherwise be. However having the OPTION to life forever, against anyone else.

That's a big decision. For anyone. Utopia or not.

... Screw that noise. Surviving vs living right there.