Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Still no release date for the Shadowlands prepatch

If it was gonna release the 30th in EU, that's only 11 more days. Still no confirmation. I think it's gonna be 7th of October

They can make the release date days in advance it doesnt havr to be a 2 weeks heads up for a patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkura View Post
    They can make the release date days in advance it doesnt havr to be a 2 weeks heads up for a patch.
    Well two weeks would be impossible by now. But 11 days is way too short, and it only gets shorter.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkura View Post
    I thought they always gave 2 weeks notice before the end of the PvP season

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    They always have ... doesn't mean they always will. But given what they've done in the past - it would have to be 6/10/2020 for pre-patch.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

That's what people always say when discussing a possible release date.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    They always have ... doesn't mean they always will. But given what they've done in the past - it would have to be 6/10/2020 for pre-patch.
    I played a bit on the PTR and there were 2 weeks worth of questline but I got the impression there was a 3rd. if there are only 3 weeks worth of quests then Oct 6th makes sense

if you need a 2 week notice to complete anything before a pre patch you werent very active to begin with otherwise everything is all set and done and youre now just waiting for the pre patch

Quote Originally Posted by Yorimar View Post
    if you need a 2 week notice to complete anything before a pre patch you werent very active to begin with otherwise everything is all set and done and youre now just waiting for the pre patch
    I never said I do. It's about having a good idea of when the patch drops. They don't just drop a patch like that without an announcement. The patch could release right now, and I would be ok with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorimar View Post
    It is just something they simply do. End of season announcement was at latest on friday 2 weeks before patchday.

If they planned it for 29th, they would have done it already. Actually Blizzard has a target date and if it would have been 29th they would have done that post.

It simply means prepatch is 6th oct.

It’s still currently scheduled for the 29th.

prepatch has datamined 2 weeks worth of content. 27th october - 14 days is release of prepatch

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicard View Post
    how so? /10char

how so? /10char
    It’s been the targeted release date for over 2 months. Nothing’s changed in that regard. There’s been a PTR release date and an expansion release date for a while.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    It’s been the targeted release date for over 2 months. Nothing’s changed in that regard. There’s been a PTR release date and an expansion release date for a while.
    there hasn't been a confirmed date for the prepatch though...

pretty much every wow player right now..

there hasn't been a confirmed date for the prepatch though...
    There has. Literally we, and others posted these dates out to our guilds back in July. It’s been known that release would be the 27th and prepatch the 29th for a while.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    There has. Literally we, and others posted these dates out to our guilds back in July. It’s been known that release would be the 27th and prepatch the 29th for a while.
    well you definitely guessed the announce date correctly, however you don't yet know if you were right about the prepatch date. you might well be, but it is still an educated guess at best

Source

/10char

Does it really matter?

Expansion release date was already announced, and that's the one that matters.