Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetley View Post
    I think Preach saying the pre-patch will hit on the 29th is just his educated guess.
    It's just what everybody has guessed

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    It's just what everybody has guessed
    The point is that some people keep insisting there was some kind of 100% official confirmation from Blizzard about 29th. Even if the date turns out to be correct, it is still guesswork at this point.

Who cares about prepatch?

Just don't delay the Shadowland release.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurosh View Post
    It is just something they simply do. End of season announcement was at latest on friday 2 weeks before patchday.

If they planned it for 29th, they would have done it already. Actually Blizzard has a target date and if it would have been 29th they would have done that post.

It simply means prepatch is 6th oct.
    exactly this.

its rather simple:

- have they ever missed their 12-14 days warning for end of pvp season / m+ in the past ? -> NO.
    - was any pre patch phase shorter than 4 weeks in the past ? -> YES.

so its october 6th. its obvious.

following will obviously happen:

- tomorrow (monday evening) they will show up the warning post for end of season, since tuesday 22 is reset. then its 2 weeks before end of season on 6th oct. and it was then 3 weeks for ppl to download the patch on background downloader. they also want and need this time to stray the downloads broad enough.

- 6th oct season ends, pre patch released.

- now you have 21 days aka 3 weeks to do the scourge invasion stuff.

- 27th october release of SL (live beta ^^).

Timeline PrePatches and Releases:
    https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Time...d_of_Warcraft)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    The point is that some people keep insisting there was some kind of 100% official confirmation from Blizzard about 29th. Even if the date turns out to be correct, it is still guesswork at this point.
    yep. there was NEVER any official statement from Blizz. Ppl just assumed this, bc „prepatch 4 weeks long“. but blizzard more often did shorter pre patch phases than 4 weeks, than they did „shorter end of season warnings“ than 12-14 days (never). there is no single xpac, they did „end of season“ 1 week before. but there are xpacs with pre patch phases shorter than 4 weeks. so 6th oct is obvious.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2020-09-20 at 10:54 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Who cares about prepatch?

Just don't delay the Shadowland release.
    it won't be delayed.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    its rather simple:

- have they ever missed their 12-14 days warning for end of pvp season / m+ in the past ? -> NO.
    - did they ever split the development into two branches (one for pre-patch, one for addon) just weeks before release in the past? -> NO.

Just saying, it's pretty dumb to assume that the pvp end of season warning thing is some kind of ultra important tradition that they're willing to sacrifice everything for. You have to look at it from their PoV: they're late and have had to create a separate branch to stabilize the prepatch independently of the expansion itself. That's drastic and a huge pain in the ass for them, so if they're willing to go to this extreme they could very well go to the absolutely unfathomable length of not issuing that warning, or issuing it closer to prepatch than usual.

Development is a fluid process, it's not some ritual that is performed exactly the same every time.
    Last edited by tamarin; 2020-09-20 at 11:23 AM.

It does matter and it would be good to know ASAP, not just a few days before. And I understand they are still working on it...

Maybe some people want to know if they need to resub or they can delay it with a week.
    I would like to get Mafia remake but if prepatch launches the following day, I might just delay it.

5+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't really matter whether they announce it or not. Just because you know when the pre-patch hits doesn't mean you somehow have more time to do things.
    Just keep doing the things you need to get done.

Nobody does pvp in BfA, giving notice for the closure of pvp season is redundant. Blizzard gave notice for pve stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Erlking View Post
    Nobody does pvp in BfA, giving notice for the closure of pvp season is redundant. Blizzard gave notice for pve stuff.
    This would be unsurprising but also not at all a good thing.

I am more concerned that they haven't announced because it simply isn't ready.

Personally I would welcome the prepatch NOT releasing on 29th, because that way I can do the one last TW week with corruptions.

Otherwise, it's good to remember that educated guesses are still guesses, and just because something was always the case in the past, it doesn't mean that it will happen again. For all we know, the prepatch might only last 2 weeks this time around.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

It's obviously next week or the week after, I really don't see what people are getting worked up about. Pre-patch is always a side show at best, and usually they are pretty meh to boot. Whenever it happens it happens.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    It's obviously next week or the week after, I really don't see what people are getting worked up about. Pre-patch is always a side show at best, and usually they are pretty meh to boot. Whenever it happens it happens.
    Personally the prepatch is going to make me resub and play on live again because of its biggest feature: removing the corruption garbage.

Anyway, another data point that supports the pre-patch happening sooner than later: on the ptr, almost everything worth testing in the prepatch has been disabled for a while now. Pre-patch quests and events have both been disabled for a couple weeks now, chromie time can't be enabled (which may also be a bug but apparently not one they're in a hurry to fix, so they must be confident that chromie time works and don't need more testing), so pretty much the only things that can be tested are leveling in bfa and the new customizations.

This would indicate that they are happy with the pre-patch stability wise, otherwise they'd want people to continue stress testing everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    exactly this.

its rather simple:

so its october 6th. its obvious.

following will obviously happen:

- tomorrow (monday evening) they will show up the warning post for end of season, since tuesday 22 is reset. then its 2 weeks before end of season on 6th oct. and it was then 3 weeks for ppl to download the patch on background downloader. they also want and need this time to stray the downloads broad enough.

- 6th oct season ends, pre patch released.

- now you have 21 days aka 3 weeks to do the scourge invasion stuff.

- 27th october release of SL (live beta ^^).

Timeline PrePatches and Releases:
    https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Time...d_of_Warcraft)

- - - Updated - - -

yep. there was NEVER any official statement from Blizz. Ppl just assumed this, bc „prepatch 4 weeks long“. but blizzard more often did shorter pre patch phases than 4 weeks, than they did „shorter end of season warnings“ than 12-14 days (never). there is no single xpac, they did „end of season“ 1 week before. but there are xpacs with pre patch phases shorter than 4 weeks. so 6th oct is obvious.
    One time they never missed the two week mark for a prepatch announcement. Usually, you got more then two weeks. Then in legion it magically became 12 days.

If it comes out on October 6th you don’t even get 3 full weeks of the scourge event which is split into 3 week event. You get 20 days since you know the game comes out on Monday the 26th.
    www.twitch.tv/rtrain

Free Agent! Looking for Guild for Legion!

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    because many people, me included will use the pre-patch to test out classes in real raid scenarios with your guildies etc. People who left mid nya'lotha coming back again and many people wants to level up new chars in the chromie time. Something to will get less time to do when the new expansion is out and the same old rush to max level/ilvl is on again

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Communism View Post
    I never said I do. It's about having a good idea of when the patch drops. They don't just drop a patch like that without an announcement. The patch could release right now, and I would be ok with it.
    How much time do you need for it to be "a good idea", they could announce its next tuesday and I'd be fine.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm looking forward to the prepatch. It would be fun to jump into the game again after a year of absence. I want to level again.

Prepatch seems to be releasing oct 6.

I don't think blizz will release the patch in the middle of the brewfest event.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's with the panic over a pre-patch?
    There's 1 quest-chain and some reused bosses.
    1 week would be more than enough for a pre-patch.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    Prepatch seems to be releasing oct 6.

I don't think blizz will release the patch in the middle of the brewfest event.
    You mean the 13 year old content? and why's that?
    Gamerelease is during hallows end, should we expect a delay there too then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.