Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Does it really matter?

Expansion release date was already announced, and that's the one that matters.
    It does, however the prepatch is important because it officially marks the end of the current expansion, and I for one am looking forward to BFA joining the list of "past expansions."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    What's with the panic over a pre-patch?
    There's 1 quest-chain and some reused bosses.
    1 week would be more than enough for a pre-patch.
    Don't know about others, but I'm eager to play through the entirety of the story for each expansion. Currently i start off in eg. jade forest but the time I'm finished with it or the valley of four winds I'm already high enough level for WOD and just 1 hit mobs.

Would prefer to do that before shadowlands so it doesn't feel like I'm missing out.

There's also new stuff, including leveling, customization.
    And most importantly, garbage like corruption being gone. Which is more than enough for me to finally resub.
    Censorship apologists deserve [REDACTED]

Whats with the panic about people talking about the release date for prepatch?

Razorice: "I dont have any specific use for prepatch - that means noone else can either!"
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

10+ Year Old Account
    like already said, 1 week is more than enough for a pre patch that doesn't include things like alts level farming.
    the 6th october release date is getting less and less likely.
    13 or 20 of october might actually be true. shadowlands and class tuning just feels far from finished at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Whats with the panic about people talking about the release date for prepatch?

Razorice: "I dont have any specific use for prepatch - that means noone else can either!"
    What I've meant was, content pre-patch provides doesn't take more than a week or two to experience/complete.
    Or am I wrong with my logic?

What I've meant was, content pre-patch provides doesn't take more than a week or two to experience/complete.
    Depends what you want to do.

Personally i'm going to be trying out raiding/m+ on 2 warlock specs, 3 mage specs and a shadow priest
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

We might have fun in pre-patch, so 6-7 october is more possible than 29-30 september

I for one am waiting to level most allied race with the prepatch.
    why waste time now with the need to switch continent often and not see the stories to the end, some zones I didn't see since their expansion was the present one. and the time to 1-50 is really lower than the 1-120 now, I can most likely level twice the number of allied races in the same time, if not more, it's just more efficient.

add to that the time to take in the changes in every spec & talents, getting used to the new ilvl et damage values.
    yeah, the sooner the prepatch hit, the better for most people.

Quote Originally Posted by tamarin View Post
    - did they ever split the development into two branches (one for pre-patch, one for addon) just weeks before release in the past? -> NO.

Just saying, it's pretty dumb to assume that the pvp end of season warning thing is some kind of ultra important tradition that they're willing to sacrifice everything for. You have to look at it from their PoV: they're late and have had to create a separate branch to stabilize the prepatch independently of the expansion itself. That's drastic and a huge pain in the ass for them, so if they're willing to go to this extreme they could very well go to the absolutely unfathomable length of not issuing that warning, or issuing it closer to prepatch than usual.

Development is a fluid process, it's not some ritual that is performed exactly the same every time.
    how long are you playing wow ? when i look at this account creation time, not that long, i assume.

why i askin this ? bc otherwise you would know why they HAVE to give a approp warning time of 12-14 days before end of season. pro tip: read their EULA carefully and get a little bit knowledge of law and contracts rights. you will understand vey fast, why they do that in general and why they rather prefer a pre patch of 1 week, before ever give end of season warnings of 3 days. hint: pre patch is not part of any law affine stuff and a lawyer can do nothing against that. its completely on blizzards side, when and how to release the next xpac. this year or 2027. with or without a pre patch. of 1 week or 4 weeks. thats completely under blizzrads control and there are no user license agreements that have any term about this into it. season is not.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2020-09-20 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Communism View Post
    If it was gonna release the 30th in EU, that's only 11 more days. Still no confirmation. I think it's gonna be 7th of October
    Are you in the beta? Cause if you have seen the level of bug infestation going on at the moment... you wouldn't be surprised about no announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    like already said, 1 week is more than enough for a pre patch that doesn't include things like alts level farming.
    the 6th october release date is getting less and less likely.
    13 or 20 of october might actually be true. shadowlands and class tuning just feels far from finished at this point.
    you're right, I was even thinking about taking a break from the game once the prepatch dropped after doing the one hour questline, because the scourge invasion and Icecrown stuff looks super lame and boring. one week from the 20th to the SL drop would make the most sense for this lil' patch

yes you are cause you have no idea about droprates from rares....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    "...season is not."
    Exactly how is that true?

3+ Year Old Account
    how long are you playing wow ? when i look at this account creation time, not that long, i assume.
    Thanks for demonstrating your idiocy in the first sentence, it saved me the trouble of reading the rest of your drivel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, not saying they will release the prepatch suddenly this tuesday/wednesday, but they *have been* sending so many emails reminding us BFA is about to end to get our stuff done, it wouldn't surprise me at all if that was all the heads up they gave us. Sure PvPers have been pointed to specific date in the past, but I wouldnt consider it a rule, or even a must. So all options are still possible in my opinion, maybe except one week before launch - thats just not gonna happen.

Alts level farming is btw. the whole new leveling experience, so thats another reason why players want it sooner rather than later.

- was any pre patch phase shorter than 4 weeks in the past ? -> YES.
    Actually, no there wasn't

TBC Prepatch - Dec 5
    TBC Launch - Jan 16

Wrath Prepatch - Oct 14
    Wrath Launch - Nov 13

Cata Prepatch - Oct 12
    Cata Launch - Dec 7

MoP Prepatch - Aug 28
    MoP Launch - Sep 25

WoD Prepatch - Oct 14
    WoD Launch - Nov 13

Legion Prepatch - Jul 19
    Legion Launch - Aug 30

BfA Prepatch - July 17
    BfA Launch - Aug 14

The shortest has been 4 weeks, no less, so either way something is breaking with this prepatch.

I've been saying it for a while, there is no content in the prepatch. So a short prepatch is what we'll get. 2 weeks minimum or 3 weeks maximum. There are quests that will be split into 2 weeks, most likely, then there is rares, scourge invasions, class changes and race customisations. That is all there is in the prepatch so it isn't going to be a long one

So my guess is 7/10 or 14/10. Most likely 7/10 though
    Night Elves NEED long hair to the ground and more elegant/regal beautiful options to show their Highbourne heritage

They just posted an update to Brewfest 2020. In the details it is said that items will have an ilvl of 425, and the Brewfest will last until 6 Oct. So this seems to be an indirect indication that the Pre-Patch won't be out before 7 Oct.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    It's either 9/29 or 10/6, they just need to choose one at this point.
    Or, they got all of us real good, and since there's only two weeks of prepatch events, it only lasts two weeks. That would be sad, I like prepatch to last for awhile to build hype.
    eh, hype is nice and all, but i wanna level a lot of alts in prepatch, not sure if ill have enough time if its only two weeks