Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    in a few expansions, there will be no need to do new expansions. interested players will play anyway, whether or not there is new expansions. the economical return to produce a big expansion won't be worth it compared to the added engagement/new players. they might release a wow 2 eventually to appeal to the bulk of the new generation, because those are not really playing wow as much as the previous generations did.

they will keep the game running forever, add multiple classic expansions for maximal player interest, and find ways for it to cost as little as possible for them, potentially making the players pay themselves or share their computer resources. wow will likely be forever profitable, there will always be some people willing to play, but not as much as when it came out first. new laws in a few decades might make it illegal for blizzard to operate the way they do (personal data and virtual ownership will be a much bigger deal than now).

therefore the level cap won't be an issue, it could stop at 100 or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Yea, I know it's anecdotal but I know MANY people, including myself, who weren't happy with the level squish they are doing now who would quit if they kept doing it and a few even who were ok with this one but said if they did another one they'd be gone.
    It will take you about 5 and a half minutes to adjust to being level 50 in prepatch. Two years later even less.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    It will take you about 5 and a half minutes to adjust to being level 50 in prepatch. Two years later even less.
    It's the principal of it, it's an RPG, player progression is the main point of it, you're not supposed to regress every expansion.

That is what they should do, but they have said nothing of the sort.

It's the principal of it, it's an RPG, player progression is the main point of it, you're not supposed to regress every expansion.
    There is a hard power reset every two years and a half-hard reset every major content patch. If you don't quit over that, having a smaller number on your portrait will not make you quit either. There is nothing hanging on the level number, no inherent power, no visual, nothing.

There is a hard power reset every two years and a half-hard reset every major content patch. If you don't quit over that, having a smaller number on your portrait will not make you quit either. There is nothing hanging on the level number, no inherent power, no visual, nothing.
    Uh, those are still progression except for when they squish us back.

Patches aren't regression, i keep my level, my power etc, the externals just get harder so I have to progress more. That's all a part of an RPG. These squishes are anti-rpg and just silly honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaladriel View Post
    I remember reading a blue post or an interview where Blizzard said that future expansions will work like Shadowlands according to the level squish and max level:

Every new expansion we get set back to level 50 and the new max level is again level 60.

Unfortunately I can't find this blue post or interview anymore.
    Can someome please help me?
    That blue post does not exist because they never said that.

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody quit because the number next to the portrait still went up. People will get if they get completely reset because some for of progression beyond the expansion is needed.

It would be the most logical for Blizzard if they applied the SL "system" to any future expansion. So once 10.0 comes out, the SL xpac becomes the default 10-50 content, while the new expac is 50-60 and so forth...

They're definitely not gonna add a new expansion and make it 60-70, while you're "forced" to always do SL 50-60, while all other expacs are at 10-50. We'll just end up with the same shitty leveling experience we had previously (which was already a massive issue in WoD and to a lesser extent in MoP)

Doesn't amtter and you completely fail to get the point. People will quit knowing they are completely reset every expansion. There is zero point in playing if you are completely reset. Period.

I highly doubt that, that would basically kill the game at that point.
    I know I sound rude by saying this, but honestly I hope you and others will quit the game for good. People with your arguments are the reason why leveling was such a shitshow for at least a decade and why they added level boosts, xp potions, buffed xp etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    It would be the most logical for Blizzard if they applied the SL "system" to any future expansion. So once 10.0 comes out, the SL xpac becomes the default 10-50 content, while the new expac is 50-60 and so forth...

They're definitely not gonna add a new expansion and make it 60-70, while you're "forced" to always do SL 50-60, while all other expacs are at 10-50. We'll just end up with the same shitty leveling experience we had previously (which was already a massive issue in WoD and to a lesser extent in MoP)
    You have no idea what they are doing. Doing that would be completely fine. What they can also do is make the old expansions 10-16 and 10.0 60-70. But you cannot say they are definitely not going to do something because you have no idea what they are going to do..

I know I sound rude by saying this, but honestly I hope you and others will quit the game for good. People with your arguments are the reason why leveling was such a shitshow for at least a decade and why they added level boosts, xp potions, buffed xp etc etc.
    Because we enjoy the game and like the way it is NOW we should quit? Idk man, maybe you should quit so they can stop altering the game to fit your needs.

We'll just get back to 100 and they'll squish it back.

Leveling was just fine. The vocal minority that have caused what we have now have completely killed progression

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    We'll just get back to 100 and they'll squish it back.
    That would be the fair compromise. People leveled to 100 without a single complaint. They do not need to squish every single expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Doubtful. It would feel really bad to log in and have lost 10 levels like that.

More likely what they will do is keep the cap at 60 permanently. When a new expansion comes out, the ilvls are higher And you need to do the questing to unlock the endgame content. Shadowlands then becomes the 10-50 zone. Rinse and repeat.
    This is the only solution that will 100% not happen. The game doesn't work that way. The levels are needed to reset stat percentages. You can't add more ilvl without lowering stat values, base stat values being too low feels absolutely awful, and the only good way to lower stat values is by increasing the level cap. No other way works.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Leveling was just fine. The vocal minority that have caused what we have now have completely killed progression

- - - Updated - - -

That would be the fair compromise. People leveled to 100 without a single complaint. They do not need to squish every single expansion.
    I mean, I don't really expect the game to last another 10 years and like 4-5 expansions it would take to get over 100 again.

- - - Updated - - -

Leveling was a mess. You barely scratched most expansions you entered before you were forced to leave them to move onto the next one. It was a meaningless rush to max level. Especially if people used the various tricks in WoD to gain very quick levels.

This new system at least allows some form of meaningful expansion experience and allows the player to decide where they'd like to level all the way from 10 to 50. That IMHO is a far better system than what we had previously and allows them to simply drop future expansions into the 10-50 bracket without the need for any future squishes. That has to be a good thing.

Doesn't amtter and you completely fail to get the point. People will quit knowing they are completely reset every expansion. There is zero point in playing if you are completely reset. Period.
    Everyone that would quit because of it is either lying to themselves, or they were going to quit when the first expansion after they first played gets released either way.

People being completely reset every expansion is not any more or less true than it would be with any other system. People are reset to baseline at the beginning of an expansion as a matter of course. That's the point of increasing the level cap. It doesn't make sense to me to say something is suddenly a problem when it literally has happened every time.

It would be kind of weird leveling to 70 in TBC Classic and then only to level 60 in 10.0.3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Every expansion has been a reset.... You do realize the "Power" you gain is actually a illusion right?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD