Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think Henry Cavill is too old now to play the part of Arthas who is supposed to be a younger guy who is an apprentice to Uther.

Shame though cause 10 years ago he wouldve been perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by GringoD View Post
    They need to start with Warcraft 3 this time, Arthas specifically. It's the best story this whole franchise has to offer.
    Everything else can come after they have critical acclaim and box office success.
    no way they would do arthas,they cant show good guy turn bad kill people and win with a cliffhanger,if anything a sequal will show the defeat of the horde

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley29 View Post
    I think Henry Cavill is too old now to play the part of Arthas who is supposed to be a younger guy who is an apprentice to Uther.

Shame though cause 10 years ago he wouldve been perfect.
    oh cmon,a little bit of cgi magic and he will look as young as they need,its not like it hasnt been done a milion times lol

also Idris Elba would make a perfect arthas

Quote Originally Posted by felfire3 View Post
    They should do the BFA war campaign story

Nothing will go wrong Im sure!
    Honestly, an adaptation can only be better.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, whatever they do, they should not go back to Orcs and humans. Despite what blizzard says and it working on a game, by now it's an old and tired trope.

Warcraft 3, please. Bring the burning legion in.

Hmm... thinking about it, the one role Chris Pratt could fit is Varian. I guess that could be ok.

Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by october breeze View Post
    Then all marvel and DC should stick to anime series. Why bother making movies? They are comics after all! haha, right?
    I'm sorry, but have you seen any Marvel movie? They aren't exactly grimdark or serious. Guardians of the Galaxy and the third Thor movie, especially, comes to mind. Sure, DC has tried to make grimdark Superman and look at how well that worked....

Pandaren Monk Bwonsamdi the Dead's Avatar
    De Other Side (Just kidding) Vancouver Island, BC
    Well, one thing's for sure: it needs trolls!

I'm a Girl by the way
    I see dead people.... Yes, kinda my ting, ya know

Pls dont be a arthas story.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    no way they would do arthas,they cant show good guy turn bad kill people and win with a cliffhanger,if anything a sequal will show the defeat of the horde
    Why not? I think doing the controversial thing is the winning strategy these days. First season of GoT ended on the main character getting decapitated and everyone went wild.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I'm sorry, but have you seen any Marvel movie? They aren't exactly grimdark or serious. Guardians of the Galaxy and the third Thor movie, especially, comes to mind. Sure, DC has tried to make grimdark Superman and look at how well that worked....
    They have humour true, but they are definitely not that cartoonish to me.

WoW was trying too hard to capture gimmicks of the game. Casting and story telling wasn't good either. I hope Peter Jackson give it a real reshape.

Quote Originally Posted by october breeze View Post
    They have humour true, but they are definitely not that cartoonish to me.

WoW was trying too hard to capture gimmicks of the game. Casting and story telling wasn't good either. I hope Peter Jackson give it a real reshape.
    I didn't mind the gimmicks, such as the murloc or the polymorph. But the acting... Oh good lord the acting.... As for Jackson, eh, maybe. The Hobbit trilogy was god awful

Quote Originally Posted by Asdfywea View Post
    after watching the witcher, i would try to get Henry Cavill on board, the dude is, or was, a warcraft fan, and he might make a good arthas
    He'd make a great Arthas but I don't think it'd be wise to have him play two white-haired characters like that.

they should begin small. Warcraft was ambitious, trying to tie together a younger audience, a more mature audience, the diehards, people generally interested in fantasy and then some more.

maybe establish some human stuff first, let the humans who watch this sympathize and identify with the humans in the lore. paint the orcs like classic baddies. then add the depth. GoT arc with daenerys and drogo began strange at first, big muscly dudes treating women badly. but then all of us rooted for the dothraki. same could be here. why not show some orc or even thrall with a deeper story and emotions? dispel the monster, show the living being.

then build on that and onto (i know, thrall isn't possible in this scenario) war of the ancients. let the story culminate in a big war. it is already written and just has to be fleshed out a bit. if possible, do it as a series.
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I didn't mind the gimmicks, such as the murloc or the polymorph. But the acting... Oh good lord the acting.... As for Jackson, eh, maybe. The Hobbit trilogy was god awful
    To be fair, the production on the trilogy was hellish from what I have heard.

Warcraft series on HBO would be awesome, since they need another huge fantasy project after conclusion of GoT. And it would tell us story at more suitable pace for all the audience. Just don't give it to D&D for the fuck sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Muxtar View Post
    Warcraft series on HBO would be awesome, since they need another huge fantasy project after conclusion of GoT. And it would tell us story at more suitable pace for all the audience. Just don't give it to D&D for the fuck sake.
    Danuser really liked season 8, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    To be fair, the production on the trilogy was hellish from what I have heard.
    Oh I know, it was hellish from start to finish, but still - the movies were atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Danuser really liked season 8, so...
    Nooooooooo....

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Not really a fan of a sequel possibility.

The movie was alright if you knew the story and kinda bland if you didn't.
    not only that but if you did know the story you probably noticed how little of it managed to avoid contradicting established lore

the movie didn't do a good job of satisfying existing fans or appealing to outsiders so a sequel really doesn't seem a smart move

It better be about The Lich King... don’t fuck this up again.
    Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | Twitch

Hahahaha. So true. They can even go one step further and make him an orc. Merge Thrall and Arthas into one. And when Thrarthas grows up, he discoveres he's adopted, and resents Mal'ganis for telling him the truth of his origin, and vows to hunt him to the ends of the earth.

Uh, no.

After watching Henry Cavill in The Witcher, he needs to be Arthas.
    Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | Twitch