Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    "Kill me Garona and pretend to be bad to get back into the orcs good graces". That part was awful and everything just felt so damn fake. I really enjoyed Ironforge though.

Warcraft has such a simple story early on. They could just stick to Arthas or any Warcraft 3 storyline and be fine but studios meddle and tweak and 'fix' movies that don't appeal to the masses. It COULD work but in modern Hollywood there is no chance. This isn't the era of Lord of the Rings anymore, this is the era of the Hobbit.
    Last edited by Varitok; 2020-09-23 at 01:23 AM.

Can we get actual Tony Amendola as Khadgar, please?

Full CGI would be nice of course, but the rendering of WoW cutscenes apparently takes so long it's not feasible for a feature-length movie and I really don't want it to be Toy Story.

I'm actually surprised they are thinking of another movie and not, like, a Netflix series or HBO or something. It's hard to condense WoW story without it being super cheesy.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Can we get actual Tony Amendola as Khadgar, please?

Full CGI would be nice of course, but the rendering of WoW cutscenes apparently takes so long it's not feasible for a feature-length movie and I really don't want it to be Toy Story.

I'm actually surprised they are thinking of another movie and not, like, a Netflix series or HBO or something. It's hard to condense WoW story without it being super cheesy.

Dude, A WoW TV show would be maximum cheese. I am just imagining Andromeda with Orcs and Trolls.

100% agree on the Tony Amendola though, He's an excellent actor and was great on Stargate SG1.

The worst part about the Warcraft movie was the ending. It really didn't end and hinged on the idea that it required a sequel, like the Super Mario Bros movie.

Another issue is WC2's story is worth 2 movies to tell the whole story. So if they do the WC2 route there has to be retcons.

But WC3 story isn't viable. You can't go from the invasion of Stormwind to the then story of Stormwind being sacked for decades, Lorderon was invaded and now years later this Kingdom that was never introduced is hunting down Orcs and stopping an undead invasion. It just doesn't mesh simply because the WC1 story did not finish.
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure it's only their money.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Not that I have anything against him as an actor by any means, but there is just no way I can see Chris Pratt as any role within the Warcraft universe. At the most, I'd like to see a fully animated film. I don't think Warcraft will translate well into live action at this point.

The movie was actually very enjoyable. The human parts were a little cringy at times, but all of the orc scenes were on point. really loved the CGI and just the interactions between the main orc characters. also the duel between durotan and gul'dan was legit.

I wish the whole thing would be pure CGI like a 2 hour long WoW cinematic using the new great quality ones they started using in BFA. The last film was alright but it did feel weird at times with the interactions between humans and the environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    So apparently against all expectations there's sequel coming.

Source: https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/wo...ortedly-works/

Thoughts?
    It isnt a sequal, they have stated it is going to follow new characters, no the old ones. I would expect to see something like WC3 or maybe even something more like BC or Wrath. I mean... can you imagine a movie with henry cavill as arthas?

Quote Originally Posted by Subrias View Post
    It isnt a sequal, they have stated it is going to follow new characters, no the old ones. I would expect to see something like WC3 or maybe even something more like BC or Wrath. I mean... can you imagine a movie with henry cavill as arthas?
    As someone who has wanted a lich king movie for over 10 years...please.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=318119/...nfirmed-rumors

Metzen is tweeting about it now. I'd say it's more than a rumor at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Subrias View Post
    Where did they state it's following different characters? Can't find anything on it.

I hope it starts with a young Arthas being trained by Uther and ends with a war on Icecrown Citadel where everyone dies, except for Tirion Fordring and a rag tag group of raiders. When Arthas dies there's ties into the Shadowlands lore to boost sales and close the Uther/Arthas storyline.

I just hope they do it better. The movie sucked big time. I mean seriously, they tried to tell like 5 different stories all at once. It was hard to follow any one story and get a real sense of wtf was going on. And thats as someone who has played the games and knows the lore. They need to slow the pace and seriously look at following 1 character, Maybe 2, and flesh out the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Polygons View Post
    I hope it starts with a young Arthas being trained by Uther and ends with a war on Icecrown Citadel where everyone dies, except for Tirion Fordring and a rag tag group of raiders. When Arthas dies there's ties into the Shadowlands lore to boost sales and close the Uther/Arthas storyline.
    Not trying to shit on your idea but it's a little late for that.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    If this is reboot, i just hope they will not make an mess like with original release, which taken to produce 10 years... Or maybe more, i lost count. What i disliked in Warcraft Movie.

SPOILERS! YOU'RE WARNED!

1: That moment, when Garona killed Laine because, he ask her to do it in name of peace. Bullshit when Gul'Dan was still around.
    2: Stormwind should be in ruins, instead still was fine. If this was first war, very poorly captured.
    3: If i good recall, actually Frostwolf clan drinked Mannoroth's blood, but later they regret it and opposed Gul'Dan. So Blackhand exiled them, yet Gul'Dan sended assasins to deal with them. Well here i'm in middle...
    4: Also if i good remember, Medivh wasn't used fel magic right? He was only possesed by Sargeras but still was using arcane? Unless opening Dark Portal required fel from Medivh in MU right?
    5: Also another point, Dark Portal. Another thing what was very poorly captured. Unless in first game which i never played, was builded on Azeroth side.
    The Frostwolves neve drank the blood, which is why they were exiled. We don't know what sort of magic Medivh used, but seeing as he cursed Khadgar, it's likely that he used fel. And the Dark Portal was, indeed, build on the Azeroth side - AND - the Draenor side.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Muxtar View Post
    Now this is the trendy script. I'd also make Tharthas a gay, and it will hit the post completely. Huge US box offices guaranteed. Heck, it might even give a fight for an Oscar 2024, if you know what I mean.
    To make certain, the film hits diversity quota, Thrarthas' one true love will be brown Jaiggra Proudmoore, uncorrupted half orc, half human. In this version, her father Daelin Proudmoore went to Outland, did the attrocious deeds in the name of colonizing the savage lands, and bringing civilisation to the backward orcish society. Side product of all that was Jaiggra. When she was shipped to Dalaran for higher education. Instead of learning about the arcane, she explored the shamanistic rituals while studying in Dalaran. She learnt what monster her father really was, and now is trying to atone for his sins by bringing him down, and burning down everything he worked his whole life to accomplish. She's also really a female caught in male's body. Something the spirits told her, was a punishment for the sins of her racist father.
    Last edited by Astalnar; 2020-09-23 at 06:03 AM.

I really hope to see Paris Hilton playing Haris Pilton.

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    To make certain, the film hits diversity quota, Thrarthas' one true love will be brown Jaiggra Proudmoore, uncorrupted half orc, half human. In this version, her father Daelin Proudmoore went to Outland, did the attrocious deeds in the name of colonizing the savage lands, and bringing civilisation to the backward orcish society. Side product of all that was Jaiggra. When she was shipped to Dalaran for higher education. Instead of learning about the arcane, she explored the shamanistic rituals while studying in Dalaran. She learnt what monster her father really was, and now is trying to atone for his sins by bringing him down, and burning down everything he worked his whole life to accomplish. She's also really a female caught in male's body. Something the spirits told her, was a punishment for the sins of her racist father.
    Hollywood scripters do need you mate. You'll have a brilliant career there!

10+ Year Old Account
    If they actually wanted to do it justice, they would make it a series There is too much that put into a 2 hr film. (first movie showed that).

Hell, if they did what they are doing with Dune, then it might be fine (for the first war)