Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Muxtar View Post
    Hollywood scripters do need you mate. You'll have a brilliant career there!
    Thank you, I feel humbled by your words of praise.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    If this is reboot, i just hope they will not make an mess like with original release, which taken to produce 10 years... Or maybe more, i lost count. What i disliked in Warcraft Movie.

SPOILERS! YOU'RE WARNED!

1: That moment, when Garona killed Laine because, he ask her to do it in name of peace. Bullshit when Gul'Dan was still around.
    2: Stormwind should be in ruins, instead still was fine. If this was first war, very poorly captured.
    3: If i good recall, actually Frostwolf clan drinked Mannoroth's blood, but later they regret it and opposed Gul'Dan. So Blackhand exiled them, yet Gul'Dan sended assasins to deal with them. Well here i'm in middle...
    4: Also if i good remember, Medivh wasn't used fel magic right? He was only possesed by Sargeras but still was using arcane? Unless opening Dark Portal required fel from Medivh in MU right?
    5: Also another point, Dark Portal. Another thing what was very poorly captured. Unless in first game which i never played, was builded on Azeroth side.
    also the Alliance of Lordaeron was former when Stormwind was still around
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

I do wonder if this reboot isnt some kind of money laundering scam and CCP prestige willy waving.

Think about it? Legendary is owned by China and China wants to create a movie industry to rival Hollywood so you can bet there will be lots of rebates and kickbacks. Then you have investors who will prolly come from shady people who want to clean there money and want to put it in a movie they know will prolly break even and that the IRS wont bother to audit a movie that didnt do Avengers money.

To be fair though if thats the truth i dont care as long as the movie is good at the end.

If they want to focus on Orcs then, why not make it like Lords of War? that shit was amazing.

As for Chris Pratt starring in the film. He was good in Guardians of the Galaxy, but Jurassic World was pure garbage. They literally butchered that franchise...
    I would have reserved him a more comedic role in movies, not a serious one.

Now, as for the director, i have no idea why they chose Duncan Jones out of all the directors in the world. He was literally unknown, with only two movies on his record, which were not that well known or that good either.
    As for Peter Jackson, his Hobbit trilogy was bad as it was catered for little kids. Just like the Warcraft movie.

You want to make a good movie that isn't just a summer blockbuster? hire a british cast. Americanized films, especially fantasy ones, are most often extremely child-friendly and, therefore, lack the quality of mature-oriented films.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    You want to make a good movie that isn't just a summer blockbuster? hire a british cast. Americanized films, especially fantasy ones, are most often extremely child-friendly and, therefore, lack the quality of mature-oriented films.
    Dude warcraft is the epitome of child-friendly fantasy. There is no way they can do anything interesting with it.

No way they would be working with Legendary again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    I hope it's really a reboot and not a sequel. That movie was largely forgettable. Hopefully directing, acting and story are better this time.
    that would be a gigantic waste of time money and resources. oh wait is that what they're actually doing? someone wake me up when they actually get to the second game story wise. if that's the case the thread title is extremely misleading. came in here expecting a tides of darkness/beyond the dark portal movie. looks like it's another orc's & humans reboot. /yawn.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2020-09-23 at 09:05 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Now, as for the director, i have no idea why they chose Duncan Jones out of all the directors in the world. He was literally unknown, with only two movies on his record, which were not that well known or that good either.
    Cheap and passionate, just like how Blizzard hires.

Do we really need to go through this again? The movie was horrible. I don't see how a reboot would be better.

The original Warcraft movie was saved by China and with recent tensions between the US and China and the Mulan disaster I'd say this is not happening at all.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Do we really need to go through this again? The movie was horrible. I don't see how a reboot would be better.

The original Warcraft movie was saved by China and with recent tensions between the US and China and the Mulan disaster I'd say this is not happening at all.
    I would argue the opposite. If you see my post about how i think if this happens this movie will under the surface be a money laundering scam where 'investors' dont care if it actually makes money they just care that there ill gotten shady money can be washed through Chinese ticket sales. They dont give a fuck if it does anything in the US aslong as it does well in China cause the Chinese government sure as shit wont audit it to make sure there is no shenanigans going on.

Why else do this money wise?

Quote Originally Posted by Polygons View Post
    I hope it starts with a young Arthas being trained by Uther and ends with a war on Icecrown Citadel where everyone dies, except for Tirion Fordring and a rag tag group of raiders. When Arthas dies there's ties into the Shadowlands lore to boost sales and close the Uther/Arthas storyline.
    If that movie is ever made its release will be in 3 years at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Dude warcraft is the epitome of child-friendly fantasy. There is no way they can do anything interesting with it.
    Of course they can. Just look at their Cinematic trailers or Animated shorts (though, i am afraid they've gone even more childish after censoring Garrosh's infamous line "Watch your clever mouth, bitch").

We all want a fully CGI movie like their cinematic trailers. The costumes and sets in the Warcraft movie were horrendous - looking like their Blizzcon costume contests. Not to mention the poor acting, script and general storytelling.

If they want to take inspiration from a rather good CGI movie, they should take a look at Beowulf. That movie was fully CGI, and was not half bad either. It didn't shy away from delving into mature topics like sexual content or dark ones like slaughter.

Moreover, a fully CGI would allow them to use their incredible voice actors. The characters in the Warcraft movie (mostly the humans) didn't look or sound like the ones we learned to know and love from the games.

Look at Pirates of the Caribbean, for example, it started out as a Disney ride and was eventually made into a pretty good trilogy (don't let me get started on the god awful fourth and fifth ones).

Lord of the Rings trilogy won 17 academy awards and 10 saturn awards. But, then came out the shallow Hobbit trilogy.

Harry Potter movies were a fantastic franchise, until the arrival of Fantastic Beasts.

All of them are what you would consider child-friendly fantasy worlds. But, they fully expressed their potential and, therefore, were pretty good.

You know what was their problem? they dumbed down the sequels for kids audience.
    Last edited by username993720; 2020-09-23 at 10:50 AM.

Of course they can. Just look at their Cinematic trailers or Animated shorts (though, i am afraid they've gone even more childish after censoring Garrosh's infamous line "Watch your clever mouth, bitch").

We all want a fully CGI movie like their cinematic trailers. The costumes and sets in the Warcraft movie were horrendous - looking like their Blizzcon costume contests. Not to mention the poor acting, script and general storytelling.

If they want to take inspiration from a rather good CGI movie, they should take a look at Beowulf. That movie was fully CGI, and was not half bad either. It didn't shy away from delving into mature topics like sexual content or dark ones like slaughter.

Moreover, a fully CGI would allow them to use their incredible voice actors. The characters in the Warcraft movie (mostly the humans) didn't look or sound like the ones we learned to know and love from the games.

Look at Pirates of the Caribbean, for example, it started out as a Disney ride and was eventually made into a pretty good trilogy (don't let me get started on the god awful fourth and fifth ones).

Lord of the Rings trilogy won 17 academy awards and 10 saturn awards. But, then came out the shallow Hobbit trilogy.

Harry Potter movies were a fantastic franchise, until the arrival of Fantastic Beasts.

All of them are what you would consider child-friendly fantasy worlds. But, they fully expressed their potential and were pretty good.
    Full CGI doesnt equal good. Just look at their attempt at compensating awful story with gorgeous visuals during BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Full CGI doesnt equal good. Just look at their attempt at compensating awful story with gorgeous visuals during BFA.
    I never said it was. But, looking at the god awful visuals of the Warcraft movie (real-life actors and sets), i think CGI would have been a better choice. It's their cinematic trailers we fell in love with in the first place.

How about, instead of orcish apes, focus on something actually interesting, like Arthas story.
    Hell, screw the movie. Give me animated series.
    Censorship apologists deserve [REDACTED]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    The Frostwolves neve drank the blood, which is why they were exiled. We don't know what sort of magic Medivh used, but seeing as he cursed Khadgar, it's likely that he used fel. And the Dark Portal was, indeed, build on the Azeroth side - AND - the Draenor side.
    Wait. In MU and i mean games, they never drink the blood?

It's not a reboot, don't be silly. Metzen tweeted about Warcraft 2. He wouldn't tweet stuff like that unless... it's real.

It probably won't be Duncan this time, as much as the guy was enthusiastic, he shot and missed.

Can't wait for more information maybe at blizzconline.

All of them are what you would consider child-friendly fantasy worlds. But, they fully expressed their potential and, therefore, were pretty good.

You know what was their problem? they dumbed down the sequels for kids audience.
    So, in order for something to be taken as adult it has feature foul language?

Fantastic Beasts is way less childish than Harry Potter, by the way.

I liked the costumes in the Warcraft movie. The acting and script were terribad, though.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Wait. In MU and i mean games, they never drink the blood?
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Frostwolf_clan
    "During the formation of the Old Horde, the Frostwolf chieftain Durotan was one of the few to speak out against the growing corruption among the orcs and refused to participate in the drinking of the Blood of Mannoroth. During the First War, the warlock Gul'dan exiled the Frostwolves, who journeyed north to eventually find refuge in the frigid Alterac Mountains and eke out an existence in Alterac Valley."

-

"Two years later, Ner'zhul — a captive of Gul'dan — planted an anonymous missive to Durotan where he urged the Frostwolf chieftain to not follow Gul'dan's command at an upcoming clan gathering, or he and his people would suffer a fate worse than death. Durotan heeded the warning, and when the other orcs drank the Blood of Mannoroth atop a mountain near the Horde capital, the Frostwolf chieftain refused to participate and forbade his clan from drinking. Gul'dan was already suspicious of Durotan and was infuriated by his defiance, but could not afford killing him and upsetting the Frostwolves due to the impending assault on Shattrath City.[10]"

Drek'thar and the other Frostwolf shaman were allowed to learn to summon demons etc, but never drank the blood.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

they will make the movie for china not the west, one problem i have, based on everything i hear the wc movie was only good there, so you have some problems like mulan thanking government agencies overseeing concentration camps...they still made millions, but i wish blizzard would try to be principled in their social values atleast