Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Are they going to fix racials?

For the longest time on beta Panda's have been gaining roughly a 8% dps boost from their racial crushing any other by a wide margin. Do you think they are going to nerf it or should I be leveling my new panda main for sl?

5+ Year Old Account
    The pandas are taking over!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskeyjac View Post
    For the longest time on beta Panda's have been gaining roughly a 8% dps boost from their racial crushing any other by a wide margin. Do you think they are going to nerf it or should I be leveling my new panda main for sl?
    wat?

I think you are a tad misinformed there, matey.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    wat?

I think you are a tad misinformed there, matey.
    No I am afraid i'm not... its not out there it seems but panda's are gaining roughly overall 8% more dmg then any other race due to their food buff racials.

10+ Year Old Account
    No I am afraid i'm not... its not out there it seems but panda's are gaining roughly overall 8% more dmg then any other race due to their food buff racials.
    OK, so bring in the data... I really wonder to see your actual example supported by actual sims there.

Because what you are saying sounds like a whole load of feels there.

OK, so bring in the data... I really wonder to see your actual example supported by actual sims there.

The issue in question comes down to one specific type of food. It makes your character burb and deal damage however the racial is interacting with it doubling the damage. It seems like something that should be caught and fixed but its been in beta for months. Can see if I can dig up a post for it.

The issue in question comes down to one specific type of food. It makes your character burb and deal damage however the racial is interacting with it doubling the damage. It seems like something that should be caught and fixed but its been in beta for months. Can see if I can dig up a post for it.
    Even if it somehow made it live, it wouldn't survive for the mythic raid release.

Nothing to worry about longterm.

I mean for the first time in forever it seems like alliance has the best racials for PvE. Maybe we ll see a revival of Alliance across the board.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Even if it somehow made it live, it wouldn't survive for the mythic raid release.

Nothing to worry about longterm.
    Pretty much...

I remember seeing something about this a while ago, I don't have any numbers on hand but it was just something to do with food buffs being a lot more significant.

Haven't paid much attention to it since though, I imagine blizz will get around to it eventually. Not terribly difficult to fix (and frankly even if they didn't I'm not going panda).
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

And yet Pandaren are the least represented of all base races...

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    And yet Pandaren are the least represented of all base races...
    Well it would be one way to sell race changes... I hope they catch it.. its just with all the other 15-30% dps differences between covenants, soulbinds, conduits, and legendary items and less then a month left give or take I am kinda just seeing what will and won't be caught and how I can take advantage of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    the only way to fix racials is to remove everything that change damage, healing and damage taken numbers, and replace it by a non combat related perk.

Well it would be one way to sell race changes... I hope they catch it.. its just with all the other 15-30% dps differences between covenants, soulbinds, conduits, and legendary items and less then a month left give or take I am kinda just seeing what will and won't be caught and how I can take advantage of it.
    Most people don't really care for incredibly minute dps gains of racials, their utility and looks matters more.

10+ Year Old Account
    While 8% is fairly sizeable, this is caused by a food that will likely be quickly made unavailable in instanced content shortly into SL, like what has happened several times in the past with overpowered food. Outside of this, the Pandaren racial tends to be fairly weaker at the start of the expansion, and if they release better foods (Like what they did in BfA), then it may be slightly stronger then other racials.

Keep in mind that in PvP it's essentially equivalent to NO racial at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    While 8% is fairly sizeable, this is caused by a food that will likely be quickly made unavailable in instanced content shortly into SL, like what has happened several times in the past with overpowered food. Outside of this, the Pandaren racial tends to be fairly weaker at the start of the expansion, and if they release better foods (Like what they did in BfA), then it may be slightly stronger then other racials.

Keep in mind that in PvP it's essentially equivalent to NO racial at all.
    This is correct. I hope it is caught.

I would feel like the Pandas deserve their racial. Little fellas gotta waste a feast to get it, and should they die... poof. Gone, until the next wipe. And likely gone until the end of a M+.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    I mean for the first time in forever it seems like alliance has the best racials for PvE. Maybe we ll see a revival of Alliance across the board.
    Pandaren can be both Horde and Alliance?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Fat chance of that. The player pool is solidly Horde now and that's far more important than maybe doing 1 or 2% more damage in optimal situations, guilds live and die by recruitment after all.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This has me feeling a big fat "who cares."

if its as extreme as you think and all the world first raiders change to Pandas, then maybe it will be worth caring about. Otherwise, who the fuck cares.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    the only way to fix racials is to remove everything that change damage, healing and damage taken numbers, and replace it by a non combat related perk.
    No, the only way to fix it, is to make all the idiots that cry constantly about 1-2% of damage leave the game. People that constantly want everything changed because of spreadsheets are the literal cancer of MMO's