Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    This has me feeling a big fat "who cares."

if its as extreme as you think and all the world first raiders change to Pandas, then maybe it will be worth caring about. Otherwise, who the fuck cares.

- - - Updated - - -

No, the only way to fix it, is to make all the idiots that cry constantly about 1-2% of damage leave the game. People that constantly want everything changed because of spreadsheets are the literal cancer of MMO's
    Best part is pandas are neutral so no one can blame racials for faction imbalance

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    This has me feeling a big fat "who cares."
    Well I've a feeling quite a few people would care once the M+ groups went up asking for Pandaren only 8% is rather insane.

Anyway OP, this will 100% not make it to raid release. Don't worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskeyjac View Post
    No I am afraid i'm not... its not out there it seems but panda's are gaining roughly overall 8% more dmg then any other race due to their food buff racials.
    It's not going to need fixing.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Fat chance of that. The player pool is solidly Horde now and that's far more important than maybe doing 1 or 2% more damage in optimal situations, guilds live and die by recruitment after all.
    And yet a few percent was what drove to shift to Horde...

Is this like 8% more on what is a 1% damage increase? Cause that is patheticly irrelevant. A difference of 1% to 1.08% isn't gonna break meters.
    Is it that or a flat 8% damage increase while others get 1%? Cause i don't see that happening from a food buff.

Would love to see more pandas around though. ^^
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-09-21 at 03:57 AM.

Hope not. I'm a hardcore player and you cry babies are ruining the game. If blizzard listened to idiots whine about this stuff. Everyone would have 4 abilities and basically play the same.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Is this like 8% more on what is a 1% damage increase? Cause that is patheticly irrelevant. A difference of 1% to 1.08% isn't gonna break meters.
    Is it that or a flat 8% damage increase while others get 1%? Cause i don't see that happening from a food buff.

There is a new food Smothered Shank that causes you to do an AOE fire breath periodically and is strong in AOE situations dealing up to 4% of a players damage, or up to 8% if they’re a panda

But it is also a flat 400 (800) damage so as a players gear scales the overall percentage of damage it does will be decreased significantly.

It would be pretty funny seeing all top raiding guilds consisting of mostly Pandaren. I say we let it slide and go live like this.

On a serious note though, still can't believe they haven't reworked the racial system after so many years of balance issues (One faction having much better pve racials, old human any CC breaker, blood elf hair ).

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    I mean for the first time in forever it seems like alliance has the best racials for PvE. Maybe we ll see a revival of Alliance across the board.
    Hmm if that's true I might have to switch to Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    wat?

I think you are a tad misinformed there, matey.
    The food buff they get is giving them 7 to 8% over any other racial right now and it gets even strong when you stack that with one of the conduits that increases gains from your food buff. Tuning with SL stuff right now is a shit show though so I doubt it is fixed until it is far too late and it fucks over people that have paid to switch or go routes they wouldn't have. I do like that because you haven't seen something you assume somebody must be mistaken and also then ask for them to do the footwork for you when you could just google it or jump on youtube or twitch and watch one of the dozen or so videos done on this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post

8% as in the top performing racial is less than a 2% increase to player damage, the panda buff is sitting around 9 or 10%. I am sure they will again nerf the food buff amount though since they don't seem to have any other idea on how to fix these things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    the only way to fix racials is to remove everything that change damage, healing and damage taken numbers, and replace it by a non combat related perk.
    They could just have mirrors of each for both faction and people could do whatever they wanted to. I am sure somebody would still get upset because they couldn't get a racial for a class on one faction that the other faction could.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Most people don't really care for incredibly minute dps gains of racials, their utility and looks matters more.
    A 9% bump in damage is more than even the best trinkets or other items give and people go bat shit over those. With all the other huge gaps in tuning right now you could look at 2 people at the same skill level playing the same spec, but due to racials, soulbinds and covenant abilities have over a 30% swing in dmg/hps. That is a pretty big problem.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    I mean for the first time in forever it seems like alliance has the best racials for PvE. Maybe we ll see a revival of Alliance across the board.
    The Alliance already has the better racials, didn't shift the scale.

One can't help but wonder: if it's not performance driving masses, what does Horde have that Alliance doesn't?

According to these forums, a less whiny playerbase at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackstraw View Post

One can't help but wonder: if it's not performance driving masses, what does Horde have that Alliance doesn't?

Horde has nothing what alliance doesn't have.

The difference in racials just isn't big enough to justify a faction change for whole guilds.

Back when the big exodus happend from alliance to horde the difference was quite noticable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskeyjac View Post
    For the longest time on beta Panda's have been gaining roughly a 8% dps boost from their racial crushing any other by a wide margin. Do you think they are going to nerf it or should I be leveling my new panda main for sl?
    Of course it will get fixed. They know about it allready as even youtubers talked about it. But this is probably something that will be tuned in the last patch before release

Um... if it increased everyone’s dps by 4% and pandas by 8% that’s a 4% buff... but then everyone else still has their racial so it actually comes out to 1-3%. For pandas to get an 8% dps boost over others it would have to increase everyone’s by 8% and pandas by 16% but then again everyone would still have their 1-3% dps racials so actually it would need to increase everyone’s dps by around 10% and pandas by 20%.

You are comparing panda food racial + food vs other race + no racial + no food
    Last edited by doodle90; 2020-09-21 at 10:21 AM.

Blizzard has zero interest in "fixing" racials. Look at Warlords of Draenor and PvP. Everyone went Human that could, because EMFH was overpowered beyond reason. Racials also make money with the top 1% of players because they'll dump $25/€25 into race changes to get past a fight or get a slight edge. Also, as far as Blizzard is concerned, it makes them "unique" so it should continue being a feature.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Horde has nothing what alliance doesn't have.

The difference in racials just isn't big enough to justify a faction change for whole guilds.

Back when the big exodus happend from alliance to horde the difference was quite noticable.
    This has happened multiple times. It happened in Legion with Goblins, it happened in WoD with PvP for humans, it happened long before that for Trolls. The top 1% will faction change for a tiny boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackstraw View Post

I really wouldnt say that about the playerbase. Back when I started playing (TBC) I started as alliance and then switched to horde because back then the alliance had the stigma of the younger, immature audience whereas the more mature audience was attracted to the "ugly and savage" looking races of the Horde.
    After playing Horde for 7 years, I switched to Alliance since mid BfA and have been having a blast.
    I think the scales have largely shifted. This is speaking of course on a VERY general basis but I ve encountered a lot more immature and edgy people on the horde side whereas alliance seems to be a lot more chill and laid back. The average player I encounter on the Alliance side is also at the very least mediocre at playing the game whereas players on the horde side fluctuate from absolute garbage to good players.
    I get that this is because most of the playerbase switched to horde therefore it is more likely to meet all kinds of people. But alliance doesnt really come off as that whiny to be honest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Whackadoodle View Post
    Blizzard has zero interest in "fixing" racials. Look at Warlords of Draenor and PvP. Everyone went Human that could, because EMFH was overpowered beyond reason. Racials also make money with the top 1% of players because they'll dump $25/€25 into race changes to get past a fight or get a slight edge. Also, as far as Blizzard is concerned, it makes them "unique" so it should continue being a feature.

- - - Updated - - -

This has happened multiple times. It happened in Legion with Goblins, it happened in WoD with PvP for humans, it happened long before that for Trolls. The top 1% will faction change for a tiny boost.
    I remember that too but the thing I m wondering is... why are they not doing this now? I saw a sim recently where literally all of the top siming racials were from Alliance races with lightforged draenei being up there and of course mecha gnomes etc.
    And yet even when talking about shadowlands, other than the dwarf discussion for the bleeds I dont really see a lot of guilds saying they ll be swaping to alliance for the stronger dps racials. The differences are small but if you stack all of them together it can get quite substancial.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackadoodle View Post

- - - Updated - - -

The big switch had nothing to do with only the top 1%. But of course someone had to show their hateboner again. My complete raiding evironment on my alliance server broke down. It was a big server and hasn't recovered to the old numbers since then. For raiders of course at they have been the only ones who cared about that. But it went way deeper than just the dreaded evil 1%

I rather see pandas running around than Blood elves, so gogo panda racials, no nerf needed

Quote Originally Posted by TyloBedo View Post
    There is a new food Smothered Shank that causes you to do an AOE fire breath periodically and is strong in AOE situations dealing up to 4% of a players damage, or up to 8% if they’re a panda

But it is also a flat 400 (800) damage so as a players gear scales the overall percentage of damage it does will be decreased significantly.
    Oh damn... yeah that is OP. I'm sure they will nerf it. But they should nerf the food, not the racial.

God forbid there be something unique in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    And yet a few percent was what drove to shift to Horde...
    Ages ago when the disparity was far larger than now. Unless Alliance racials suddenly become 5-10% increase or more over Horde (spoilers: not gonna happen), the demographics won't budge.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.