10+ Year Old Account

Would appreciate not seeing topics created by people on ignore

So yeah, just a thought that I think would improve the user experience of at least some of the people here - like any active forum this one has its share of people who spam the forums with useless/argumentative/bait type topics. Ignoring those people is great for reducing the amount of noise in a given topic in general, but I'd appreciate it if the topics created by them we ignore were hidden.

If someone is annoying enough that other users go out of their way to place that person on ignore, there really isn't much point in constantly seeing the topics they create. I don't speak for others, but for me, the topics themselves are often the reason I ignore someone in the first place.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    You don't see their posts unless someone else replies to the post and it appears at the latest reply in the subforum section. I've had people on ignore for ages and never see their stupid threads.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, just to test this, I put a couple of known thread spammers on ignore. I logged out and viewed the forum and saw all of their active (albeit, shitty) threads all over the place but the moment I logged in I couldn't see them.

I'm not sure what's happening on your end though.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    So, just to test this, I put a couple of known thread spammers on ignore. I logged out and viewed the forum and saw all of their active (albeit, shitty) threads all over the place but the moment I logged in I couldn't see them.

I'm not sure what's happening on your end though.
    Same happens with me too. But, their threads DO appear on the 'recent forum activity' section on the front page
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2020-09-21 at 03:59 PM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

10+ Year Old Account
    We get this request a lot. We understand it is desired but it is very low priority on the list for updates and fixes needed on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    It's unlikely we'll change this. You can use various adblock extensions to accomplish that.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post51127791
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    I think this will work, only partially tested:

Code:
    mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored
    mmo-champion.com#?#li.postcontainer:-abp-has(> div.postdetails >  div.userinfo > dl.userinfo_extra >  dd:-abp-contains(/^([0-9]|1[0-9]|20)$/))

The first one already mentioned before hides ignored users totally, the second one hides users with a post count of 20 or less.

Add it to the filters list in Adblock or uBlock. The bit between the slashes at the end is a Regex expression and means - a digit, or a 1 followed by a digit, or 20. It can be changed accordingly.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |