Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    I think it is much more simple than this.

    People prefer horde, aesthetically and story-wise.

    The alliance is catering to a boy king when the player is a hero who has literally helped kill gods. The Alliance human racials are still some of the best in the game and always have been.

    10% haste or 10% attack power for 10 seconds, isn't THAT good.

    The Horde side at least has leaders that turn into bosses that take a raid to kill.

    The story is also more enjoyable for all. I played through BFA, Legion, WoD, and MoP on both sides at least once. Every time, I enjoyed the hordes story more.
    Well.... actually.... I ve been a horde player for years until mid BfA where I went ally. Its up to preference but I think the BfA Alliance storyline blows the horde out of the water.

  2. #42
    Stood in the Fire JacobusRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    432
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Just the way they butcher a bunch of innocent people and raise others into undeath...
    That actually sounds really metal, really cool... This game needs some darkness. Too nice, too chipper. This is the world of WARcraft, not the world of mercycraft.

  3. #43
    it's terrible and will get worse if blizzard doesn't remove dmg modifier racials + work on balancing the factions or at least make high end players going back to the alliance again for free (their mistake).
    I don't think it's hopeless: I think players migrated because of social/gameplay reasons, not because they prefer being "the horde".

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    No, they don't. It's not fucking roleplayers that are transferring, this is about endgame. And it's not only about top 100 either, guilds that aren't even in top 1500 are leaving for horde.
    Yes, they do. Look at any of the charts or polls on this forum where people are asked what they prefer to play, outside of end game. Always horde winning. Always.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    I think it is much more simple than this.

    People prefer horde, aesthetically and story-wise.

    The alliance is catering to a boy king when the player is a hero who has literally helped kill gods. The Alliance human racials are still some of the best in the game and always have been.

    10% haste or 10% attack power for 10 seconds, isn't THAT good.

    The Horde side at least has leaders that turn into bosses that take a raid to kill.

    The story is also more enjoyable for all. I played through BFA, Legion, WoD, and MoP on both sides at least once. Every time, I enjoyed the hordes story more.
    This is driven almost entirely top-down from high-end players, not RP folks. The trickle-down effect has just influenced many tiers lower now into the try hard ranks.

    E: to last post, polls on a site of a few hundred people mean literally nothing.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Well.... actually.... I ve been a horde player for years until mid BfA where I went ally. Its up to preference but I think the BfA Alliance storyline blows the horde out of the water.
    I didn't say everyone, I said most folks. And no, sorry, the Alliance story sucked big time in BFA. Ice lady shows up and becomes ruler after being gone for decades, mother puts her in jail first, blah blah.. Totally a stupid ass story.

    But again, that is a preference in regards to storytelling.

  7. #47
    Scarab Lord City Pop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    4,057
    It's not just mythic raiding. If you do any sort of group content then you are better off Horde because the pool of players is so much larger. It's a huge issue that Blizz created by allowing Horde racials to be OP from TBC through WoD.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    I didn't say everyone, I said most folks. And no, sorry, the Alliance story sucked big time in BFA.
    Never met anyone in a raiding guild who gave a fuck about story. People who play wow for the endgame don't bother reading quest texts.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    it's terrible and will get worse if blizzard doesn't remove dmg modifier racials + work on balancing the factions or at least make high end players going back to the alliance again for free (their mistake).
    I don't think it's hopeless: I think players migrated because of social/gameplay reasons, not because they prefer being "the horde".
    The racials are balanced. That pandaren thing is an outliner that will definetly get fixed.

    But when it is balanced there is no reason for people ro pay the money to get back to alliance. And as most of the raiding guilds are allready on horde more people will go over there for recruiting reasons.

    The only way they could MAYBE save alliance raiding is by giving free transfers.

  10. #50
    I am Murloc! dacoolist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Austin TX
    Posts
    5,247
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    it's terrible and will get worse if blizzard doesn't remove dmg modifier racials + work on balancing the factions or at least make high end players going back to the alliance again for free (their mistake).
    I don't think it's hopeless: I think players migrated because of social/gameplay reasons, not because they prefer being "the horde".
    I agree with this, but I wanted to say this to everyone too:

    As someone who's played both sides of RETAIL wow, I can tell you that the quality of people (Besides Ragnaros NA Players) Alliance players as well as Horde are dedicated to the game, but the problem I am having is the sheer amount the VOLUME of skill on Alli vs Horde at least in PVE is HUGE on Horde side

    I remember back in Leg (LEGION) before moving to Horde, groups were WAY harder to come by, M+.. everything

    I can log in on Horde and find groups at all times of the night, day, weekend, weekday - Basically the Horde ... they are THE MOVE, don't fall for lesser players, dont fall for faction pride or balance, just COME HORDE and STOP MESSING AROUND

  11. #51
    Sad truth the answer to that question is Bloodlust.

    Already in Classic that pulled the hardcore raiders towards Horde and the Alliance side really never recovered even though Bloodlust became avaviable to both sides.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashelía View Post
    Sad truth the answer to that question is Bloodlust.

    Already in Classic that pulled the hardcore raiders towards Horde and the Alliance side really never recovered even though Bloodlust became avaviable to both sides.
    Could be true if paladin wasn't way more valuable to a raid than shaman in classic.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    I didn't say everyone, I said most folks. And no, sorry, the Alliance story sucked big time in BFA. Ice lady shows up and becomes ruler after being gone for decades, mother puts her in jail first, blah blah.. Totally a stupid ass story.

    But again, that is a preference in regards to storytelling.
    as opposed to the daughter who comes out of no where as a princess, has her power hungry daddy killed, and then gets the throne

    lol - boy king btw
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyou
    [Shadowmourne, I went to Icecrown and was hoping for Frostmourne but all I got was this lame axe]

  14. #54
    What bad thing could possibly happen if everyone just switched to horde? Nothing, that's what. There's not gonna be a faction merge, or interaction of any kind. And racials will never be balanced, so we're right back to where we always will be. With a horde dominate game.

  15. #55
    High Overlord Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Proxima Centauri
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashelía View Post
    Sad truth the answer to that question is Bloodlust.

    Already in Classic that pulled the hardcore raiders towards Horde and the Alliance side really never recovered even though Bloodlust became avaviable to both sides.
    Sad truth however is, that Bloodlust/Heroism was a new shaman spell introduced in TBC for both of the factions at the same time

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    It is a positive feedback-loop:
    The more good players shift to Horde, the easier it is for good players to find other good players to play with and the easier it gets for guilds to recruit good players.

    Looking at the big picture the problem isn't that big as the majority of WoW's playerbase is very bad at the game and those players will not do mythic bosses anyway.
    The first part has nailed the problem but I disagree with the second part: sooner or later high-end PvE imbalance will sink further to more casual people. It will be exactly the same way as to why players choose realms with a good population and a healthy economy but without negative consequences (lag, queue times). As always with Blizzard solution will be too late or inefficient.

  17. #57
    The faction war had it's great RP appeal for some time but the splitting of the game's playerbase is an ongoing issue. World PvP is next to nothing outside of a few enticed events like in Naz, so there's little reason I see to keep factions from communicating and raiding together. BGs would still attempt to keep the factions in their sides and transmog would still be faction locked. Outside of that, merging would simply add in more players to the pool of people you could play with.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

  18. #58
    Old God Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    10,429
    I do think faction transfers were a mistake. :S

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    People prefer horde, aesthetically and story-wise.
    Story wise I can accept. I'm really an alliance fan but the horde story was simply much better in BfA (I've not played previous expansions as a horde since BC. Plan to . But aesthetically, really? Blood elves, pandaren, vulpera and nightborne gives 57% of horde max level population. Vanilla horde races give only 33% of the whole population.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I do think faction transfers were a mistake. :S
    Imagine how much money they've made from it though

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •