Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    Not gonna matter in the next the expansion after SL, Factions will be cross so anyone can join any guild.
    This actually makes sense as a reason for Blizzard not addressing the issue. Why bother when it'll solve itself in 2 years, just sit back and rake in the faction change money in the meantime.

Blizzards attempts at destroying the Horde were for nothing it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    This actually makes sense as a reason for Blizzard not addressing the issue. Why bother when it'll solve itself in 2 years, just sit back and rake in the faction change money in the meantime.
    Except, they did address this already: there will not be cross-faction grouping because it goes against the core of what WoW is.

Why is it always Alliance players whining about this?
    The alliance is more casual, it's that simple.
    Maybe if people took more time actually playing and improving at the game instead of whining about not getting the 4th version of playable elves to RP with in Golshire you wouldn't have this "issue".

Which is not an issue in itself as who cares what faction the top guilds are, they don't care either.
    The only way you can force-migrate them back to Alliance is if you actually buffed alliance output by a shit ton.

And spoiler alert, even if you did that you did not fix shit, you simply switched the sides and now no-one plays horde.
    So congratz.

Let people play what they want, you are not affected by the top 1% anyways, outside of high-end mythic raiding the factions are 50-50.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    Not gonna matter in the next the expansion after SL, Factions will be cross so anyone can join any guild.
    Sorry, faction merge is not possible after SL anymore. They made peace and therefore cross faction play impossible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskeyjac View Post
    The alliance has liberated the horde from...well the horde what three times now? At some point the story needs to acknowledge that.
    No, this is actually not correct. The story of BfA made clear that the horde can not be liberated, because they are inherently evil in nature (with the exception of some individuals). If you argue with the story, then peace (and therefore faction merge) was either possible AFTER Legion and BEFORE BfA or after we get a massive time skip (and I mean multiple thousand of years).

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Is this a serious question? The Horde doesn't complain because it doesn't have the problem.

Yes, because all the more hardcore people went Horde for the advantages Blizz throws at them. After the top guilds moved, the avalanche began. Fast forward to today, if you want to do anything seriously, you have to go Horde.

Maybe if people took more time actually playing and improving at the game instead of whining about not getting the 4th version of playable elves to RP with in Golshire you wouldn't have this "issue".
    Oh I see, this isn't a serious post at all.

Which is not an issue in itself as who cares what faction the top guilds are, they don't care either.
    All the guilds who followed them cared.

The only way you can force-migrate them back to Alliance is if you actually buffed alliance output by a shit ton.

And spoiler alert, even if you did that you did not fix shit, you simply switched the sides and now no-one plays horde.
    So congratz.
    "It's just Alliance whining, I think it's fine because I benefit from it!"

Let people play what they want, you are not affected by the top 1% anyways, outside of high-end mythic raiding the factions are 50-50.
    Except you can't play what you want if you want to do any serious content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    For those of you who remember, Vanilla/BC saw a lot of Alliance because they were the better faction in terms of raiding.
    Wrath was the breaking point, where Horde racials became "just as good, if not better", along with a massive influx of players, and Horde saw the scales tipping their way.
    Because of limited options back then, a lot of people jumped on the Horde bandwagon because of this, for that little extra.
    This increased the player pool of Horde for endgame raiding.
    There hasn't been any reason to switch to Alliance, so the raiding community has always been skewed Horde.
    Top end raiders don't truly give a shit about what faction they play; they just want to complete the content as fast and efficiently as possible.
    In Wrath, and ever since, it's just been easier as Horde.

All you have to do is look at the top 20/top 100 of each raid tier since ICC.
    What you will find is tons of red, with blue slowly fading as time goes on.
    It never had anything to do with "good vs evil" or "badass vs whiny babies" or "hardcore vs casual", it was a pure raiding population thing.
    If you wanted to raid high end, you had a much higher chance of recruiting on Horde side.

One speculative theory could very well be a possible waning in subs, leading to less overall players.
    The result is like the ocean of Horde recruits is now a sea, and the lake of Alliance recruits is now a puddle.

Oh, and for those who want to cite "but Blizz shows numbers and pops are relatively even in most cases", no, they aren't, not in terms of Raiding.
    Remember, Raiding has always been the smallest percentage of players.
    In Vanilla/BC/Wrath, the raiding population, even if you want to count people who went into a raid but never completed it, was very low compared to total players.
    While it may be true that, overall, holistically, the population may be close, the Raiding population (especially high end) has not been close since Wrath and it will only get worse.

Honestly ever since EMFH was nerfed into oblivion the alliance has had virtually 0 good racials compared to horde.

Kul'Tiran + Mechagnomes vs. Zandalari Trolls + Vulpera

'nuff said. Blizzard's been catering to Horde for years now, who exactly is surprised by this?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Horde racials are better for pve, alliance better for pvp. No brainer.

Except, they did address this already: there will not be cross-faction grouping because it goes against the core of what WoW is.

So congratz.

it does not affect the 1%. it affects your normal average gamer who suddenly is left with People who barely managed to log into the Game

its called snowball effect for a reason

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Is this a serious question? The Horde doesn't complain because it doesn't have the problem.

Yes, because all the more hardcore people went Horde for the advantages Blizz throws at them. After the top guilds moved, the avalanche began. Fast forward to today, if you want to do anything seriously, you have to go Horde.

Oh I see, this isn't a serious post at all.

All the guilds who followed them cared.

"It's just Alliance whining, I think it's fine because I benefit from it!"

Except you can't play what you want if you want to do any serious content.
    1) It is not a problem.

2) I am serious, that is literally the average Alliance player.

3) Guilds don't care which faction they play. They don't play horde because they care about being red or blue. They play it for reasons way beyond aesthetic preference.

4) I don't benefit from shit. I don't do top100 mythic raiding. Even if literally all the top guilds were Alliance I wouldn't give a shit because it wouldn't effect my gameplay AT ALL.

5) They do get to play what they want. Every class is available on both sides. These people want to do serious content, that is their goal. Not being blue or red. If your goal is being blue or red then you are not top100. It's simple as that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by idnn View Post
    it does not affect the 1%. it affects your normal average gamer who suddenly is left with People who barely managed to log into the Game

its called snowball effect for a reason
    Untrue.

Unless of course you usually PuG with top100 mythic raiders.

My guild moved to horde for SL, and as you can tell by my avatar my favorite race is not on the horde. I dislike being "forced" to join the horde as I prefer the alliance thematically, but I value being able to raid and do high end M+ more than character aesthetics though both are important to me.

My personal favorite fix would be to allow cross faction PvE grouping. You don't need to do anything with the "core of the game being humans VS orcs" as you could just have the open world work the same as now, languages work the same etc. But I'd love to be able to play on my Draenei for raids.

What I find even more silly is we already have cross faction PvP, which would be the important part, as horde you can join the alliance as a merc at any given moment, and you can face other horde in rated PvP. That if anything is strange, lorewise we've always worked together against PvE threats and never in PvP but right now it's the opposite.

EU here by the way.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    My guild moved to horde for SL, and as you can tell by my avatar my favorite race is not on the horde. I dislike being "forced" to join the horde as I prefer the alliance thematically, but I value being able to raid and do high end M+ more than character aesthetics though both are important to me.

My personal favorite fix would be to allow cross faction PvE grouping. You don't need to do anything with the "core of the game being humans VS orcs" as you could just have the open world work the same as now, languages work the same etc. But I'd love to be able to play on my Draenei for raids.

What I find even more silly is we already have cross faction PvP, which would be the important part, as horde you can join the alliance as a merc at any given moment, and you can face other horde in rated PvP. That if anything is strange, lorewise we've always worked together against PvE threats and never in PvP but right now it's the opposite.

EU here by the way.
    --- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-09-21 at 03:38 PM.

1) It is not a problem.

4) I don't benefit from shit. I don't do top100 mythic raiding. Even if literally all the top guilds were Alliance I wouldn't give a shit because it wouldn't effect my gameplay AT ALL.
    ^someone who has never tried to recruit as alliance for even a "months behind" mythic guild.

The ripple effect of recruitment goes way, way beyond the 1%. Horde gets to draw from Division 1 schools; Alliance is like Division 3.

1) It is not a problem.

2) I am serious, that is literally the average Alliance player.

3) Guilds don't care which faction they play. They don't play horde because they care about being red or blue. They play it for reasons way beyond aesthetic preference.

5) They do get to play what they want. Every class is available on both sides. These people want to do serious content, that is their goal. Not being blue or red. If your goal is being blue or red then you are not top100. It's simple as that.

- - - Updated - - -

Untrue.

Unless of course you usually PuG with top100 mythic raiders.
    Horde has also a lot healthier M+ community, i play both sides and getting into pugs for hc raids and M+ on unusual times (sorry that i am a shift worker i guess) is a LOT easier on horde.

So no, it is simply wrong that it only influences the top %.

And this problem has been growing and trickling down from the top for years now, it will show it's ugly head in SL especially once the content draught between patches/at the end sets in.

Also recruitment wise for guilds it already matters for hc guilds, having a bigger pool of players means you can be more picky and recruit more fitting people into your guild for a better enviroment/climate.
    Last edited by TheLucky1; 2020-09-21 at 02:27 PM.

So congratz.

Bro this is simply not true.... This does not effect only the 1%. If there is a massive migration from one faction to the other then it becomes increasingly dificult to recruit for that faction. Doesnt matter if you re top 1%. There are mythic raiders who take their sweet time with it and clear mythic world 5000. They re still looking for decent players though and they wont find them if all of them have switched to Horde.

I think it is much more simple than this.

People prefer horde, aesthetically and story-wise.

The alliance is catering to a boy king when the player is a hero who has literally helped kill gods. The Alliance human racials are still some of the best in the game and always have been.

10% haste or 10% attack power for 10 seconds, isn't THAT good.

The Horde side at least has leaders that turn into bosses that take a raid to kill.

The story is also more enjoyable for all. I played through BFA, Legion, WoD, and MoP on both sides at least once. Every time, I enjoyed the hordes story more.

I'd love to join horde to play with more people, but then I'd have to play Horde, and the RP player in me wont let me. I did the horde war campaign recently just to get the achievement for the mount and was almost sick when comparing it to the alliance one. Just the way they butcher a bunch of innocent people and raise others into undeath...
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    No, they don't. It's not fucking roleplayers that are transferring, this is about endgame. And it's not only about top 100 either, guilds that aren't even in top 1500 are leaving for horde.

Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    I think it is much more simple than this.

The alliance is catering to a boy king when the player is a hero who has literally helped kill gods. The Alliance human racials are still some of the best in the game and always have been.

10% haste or 10% attack power for 10 seconds, isn't THAT good.

The Horde side at least has leaders that turn into bosses that take a raid to kill.

The story is also more enjoyable for all. I played through BFA, Legion, WoD, and MoP on both sides at least once. Every time, I enjoyed the hordes story more.
    Well.... actually.... I ve been a horde player for years until mid BfA where I went ally. Its up to preference but I think the BfA Alliance storyline blows the horde out of the water.