Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Plogdropper View Post
    Funny story related to M+ griefing:

I love tanking M+ and have one of all tank classes (except warrior) that I do at least a weekly +15 on. One day I decided to I play one of my lower ilvl/io tank chars that I was trying to gear up. It was early morning and I was trying to get a run in before work. I applied for a +12 FH but the leader declined me even though I had a higher ilvl and io than him. I don’t know why he was so picky since tanks are hard to come by, and it was an off time of day, but for some reason it triggered me.

Out of spite, and since I didn’t have much time left before work anyway, i decided to grief the guy. I logged on to my main and applied to that same group. I was instantly invited and summoned to the instance. As soon as the leader put in the key and we started the run, I pulled all the first few packs using minimal abilities and aoe so that the dps pulled aggro and died. I then left the instance and logged out. I then logged onto my next highest ilvl/io tank and applied to the same group, this time as a +11. I did the same thing as before, killing the guy’s key a second time. I then logged onto one of my other tanks and again applied to the group, now for a +10. By now all the dps were like “man what’s up with all the tanks leaving this morning?” We began the M+ run and I promptly alt f+4’d to close the game.

I don’t know if the leader tried to do his key as a +9, or if the other dps/healer stayed in the group after that. All I know is I felt better about sticking it to an ilvl/io elitist and I chuckled the entire drive to work.
    This smells like bullshit to me. Was it a long drive to McD's? Enquiring minds and all.

Part of the reason it smells like BS is he should have cottoned on that the guy getting accepted all the time has the same rio on his main. (Don't tell me you haven't linked them)

I usually tank my own keys and finally broke into lvl 17's - 19's a couple of weeks ago (been playing a healer + DPS all expac) and what Ive personally experienced - in terms the likely suspects ruining keys i'm in - have been either the tank or DPS.

not every tank, of course, but some of the reasons a tank will just randomly leave OR do a massive death pull just to troll the group and then proceed to leave is either because the DPS isn't up to snuff or priority targets/mechanics are not being killed/executed. I see that now as a tank.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Getting banned for leaving a group or mythic+-run? Of course not.
    I didn't say anything about getting banned for leaving a group or mythic+ run. I said you could get banned for griefing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    They do not get banned. The group leader is responsible for forming a group, if it goes to shit then he needs to form them better. Simple as that. Blizz will not intervene.
    Blizzard state quite clearly in their Code of Conduct that "Griefing" (or intentionally trying to ruin the game experience for other players) is an offence that they will follow up on.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/42673

I really cannot understand the basis of your denial here.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    And you have provided ZERO evidence to support your opinion. It's just you saying "nope, I am choosing to ignore the agreement I accepted and the proof provided, and instead just fall back on made up nonsense with literally nothing to support it".
    Well, I provided arguments, I never claimed I provided evidence, as only Blizzard can do that.

Just to clarify my argument: What you, I or the OP might consider "griefing" or "intentional" behaviour might not be considered such by Blizzard.

Let's take PvP as an example: You can find plenty of people that still consider ganking of lowbies "griefing", but Blizzard does not consider such actions "griefing".
    Or LFR: How to distinguish the average clueless player, who might be very bad at English, from a "professional troll"?

But even if I am wrong and Blizzard does infract for more than "language crimes" in mythic+, then my advice to the OP still stands:
    Your in-game experience will be greatly enhanced if you are more picky about whom you invite irxwhich groups you join.

7+ Year Old Account
    I understand your feeling about the "east" europe part people...

I never invite them to my runs.. sorry, not sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post

It's a fine line though, firstly you can't prove the player is griefing unless he outright says it. Actions in situations like this are rarely enough for a ban or any form of account action, especially when he pays the exact same sub price to play the game the way he wants to play. Is griefing acceptable? Of course not, even Blizzard admits that. But you can't prove that he was griefing or trying to enjoy the game his own way and Blizzard only seems to take griefing reports seriously at the highest levels of play when it comes to their games.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    It's a fine line though, firstly you can't prove the player is griefing unless he outright says it.
    Bullshit.

He was racing ahead, aggroing everything, then bringing it all back to kill the party. That is easily provable, especially when he's doing it repeatedly.

Bullshit.

He was racing ahead, aggroing everything, then bringing it all back to kill the party. That is easily provable, especially when he's doing it repeatedly.
    What if you got that player on voice comms (e.g. on Discord), and asked to help with pulling mobs? Is there a way you can prove (to Blizzard) that this did not happen?

Even if you were streaming or recording the run yourself (with full sound and voice comms)... Can you prove that your tank did not use a different communications channel to ask the pugged player with additional pulls?

Bullshit.

His actions do not prove griefing though. There are numerous explanations, one of which you so conveniently left out when you quoted me.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

You are racist. There are spanish players much better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by ID811717 View Post
    What if you got that player on voice comms (e.g. on Discord), and asked to help with pulling mobs? Is there a way you can prove (to Blizzard) that this did not happen?
    No, but when multiple people are reporting him for it, it's pretty obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    They do not get banned. The group leader is responsible for forming a group, if it goes to shit then he needs to form them better. Simple as that. Blizz will not intervene.
    theres no way to know this sort a thing as you could invite a 2k io person and they instantly sabotage the key then with the next 1 you inv a 1k io still get it done but not in time, this wont get fixed till a stat for abandoned keys get added ( the count will only go up for this if the payer abandoned they key with in say the 1st 5-10 mins of the key)

Quote Originally Posted by Plogdropper View Post
    Funny story related to M+ griefing:

I love tanking M+ and have one of all tank classes (except warrior) that I do at least a weekly +15 on. One day I decided to I play one of my lower ilvl/io tank chars that I was trying to gear up. It was early morning and I was trying to get a run in before work. I applied for a +12 FH but the leader declined me even though I had a higher ilvl and io than him. I don’t know why he was so picky since tanks are hard to come by, and it was an off time of day, but for some reason it triggered me.

Out of spite, and since I didn’t have much time left before work anyway, i decided to grief the guy. I logged on to my main and applied to that same group. I was instantly invited and summoned to the instance. As soon as the leader put in the key and we started the run, I pulled all the first few packs using minimal abilities and aoe so that the dps pulled aggro and died. I then left the instance and logged out. I then logged onto my next highest ilvl/io tank and applied to the same group, this time as a +11. I did the same thing as before, killing the guy’s key a second time. I then logged onto one of my other tanks and again applied to the group, now for a +10. By now all the dps were like “man what’s up with all the tanks leaving this morning?” We began the M+ run and I promptly alt f+4’d to close the game.

I don’t know if the leader tried to do his key as a +9, or if the other dps/healer stayed in the group after that. All I know is I felt better about sticking it to an ilvl/io elitist and I chuckled the entire drive to work.
    thats just sad, also have you considered that the tank you were trying to gear up was not the class he was looking for.? for example if im making a grp for a 12 and i lack a cr if you aren't a druid or dk im declining your ass regardless of mains score.

We had a guy in our guild, mostly kept to himself in what he did, but sometimes he'd randomly spurt out his irritations on the lore of the game. He was the type of dude that's been around the guild for a long ass time but if he left, I don't think anyone would notice.

Anyway, some of our returning players to BFA asked in guild if anyone would like to participate in a M+ run. Oddly enough he joined their group and I honestly don't know if he's ever done a M+ before. I wasn't involved but about 5 minutes into the run, he apologized in guild for holding people back and logged off. Just as he logged off the leader was like 'Dude you can't just leave in the middle of a run like that.' I whispered the leader directly and he said the guy went in there, and did nearly the exact same thing as the person in the OP's post. He ran around pulling everything and was getting everyone killed repeatedly. It was a Motherlode so yeah lol. A few hours later he "snuck on" and took all his toons out of the guild without a word.

It was definitely a head scratcher but if I had to guess, the guy had no understanding of what or how an M+ run should go or what the objective is in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    You can still do that though, why would the existance of LFG hinder you doing any of that?
    Laziness, I'm sure is the leading factor that would allow LFG to hinder making ones own group. Down right and simple. Well, until all the connections of realms recently. If you where one of the 1% side of a server before that, I could also see that as a good reason to use LFG. But other then that, yeah, lazy as hell. It's much easier to click that random button then it is to actually look for the other members of the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Flathet View Post
    People report others all the time for nothing. So no.
    And people report others all the time for actual reasons. So yes.

I have a question. Can't we have a "groupfinder" thread in these Forums, to circumvent frustrations like these?

Otherwise, sorry to hear OP, I'd offer push with you, but atm I have too much stuff to do. I hope you get a decent group soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ihate2beapessimist View Post
    The good people are all nice and comfy in their guilds with static groups, they laugh at the idea of pugging with Russians.
    I have to say, and I hope this doesn't get me into trouble, but myself and plenty I know are often wary of inviting a Russian to a pug if we need to pug a spot.

My experience, and their experience is, they will either be god tier, they will be utter shit, or most likely they will quit for the smallest of reasons, even if the run is still on time. Seriously, skillwise, I have yet to see just a decent Russian player, or just a good one, it is either crazy good or crazy shit. I know this is anecdotal, I probably notice it more because they stand out by virtue of their names etc being in a different character set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by idnn View Post
    No you are cute if you think Blizzard ignores everything
    dude youre so naive... we had a trail ninjalooting the nzoth mount and killing himself on purpose 2 weeks ago (not that it matters our whole guild has the mount since 7 months) and go offline with "thx for the boost i saved 2 mill gold you retards" or something like that, he got reported by 19 ppl and is still playing, this is the definition of griefing
    Last edited by Feral Druid ist Op; 2020-10-04 at 02:03 AM.
    I.O BFA Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    dude youre so naive... we had a trail ninjalooting the nzoth mount and killing himself on purpose 2 weeks ago (not that it matters our whole guild has the mount since 7 months) and go offline with "thx for the boost i saved 2 mill gold you retards" or something like that, he got reported by 19 ppl and is still playing, this is the definition of griefing
    No it isn't. It is the definition of a rude player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

15+ Year Old Account
    If all else fails, ruining people's M+ can at least be fun. What isn't fun, is being led on into what seems a normal run, then right before the last boss someone omega spergs out of the dungeon, like they do a complete 180 and either go afk, pull 5 packs or they purposely sabotage their performance on the boss.

I think trying to time keys in pugs back when I took M+ seriously is what ruined M+ for me.