Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    about time,maybe we can finnaly start getting good bethesda games again,its rly sad when you think about it...the fact that their best game is one that on launch was a broken bugged mess that wasnt even made by them....how this company still has any good will left is truly mind blowing,people complain about blizzard...but betheasda is truly a pathetic joke of a company,the only good thing about their games was that they made moding easy...but THAT they fucked up

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Hmm. I can't counter any of this information but when they said 'new engine' they probably meant a new generation of of the Creation Engine.

There's a big a leap between the iteration they used for vanilla Skyrim and the current version. It's more than just patching the version they used for vanilla Skyrim.

In other terms it would be like calling Unreal 3 and Unreal 4 the same engine.
    the latest version of skyrim still has the same bugs as day 1 skyrim,heck even fallout 4 has many of the same ones,but thankfully modders have fixed most,and bethesda is shiting on them,not only by not paying them but asking for a cut from them lol,this company is beyong pathetic

So what does this mean for ESO? Actual combat fixes?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    about time,maybe we can finnaly start getting good bethesda games again,its rly sad when you think about it...the fact that their best game is one that on launch was a broken bugged mess that wasnt even made by them....how this company still has any good will left is truly mind blowing,people complain about blizzard...but betheasda is truly a pathetic joke of a company,the only good thing about their games was that they made moding easy...but THAT they fucked up

- - - Updated - - -

the latest version of skyrim still has the same bugs as day 1 skyrim,heck even fallout 4 has many of the same ones,but thankfully modders have fixed most,and bethesda is shiting on them,not only by not paying them but asking for a cut from them lol,this company is beyong pathetic
    I have to agree here. Bethesda puts out a playable product and modders fix the bugs/make the product shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I dunno man, you can go only up after F76 shitshow.
    hahahahaah,thats what we said after every new bethesda game came out,and every time it was worse than the last(well besides new vegas,but that wasnt made by them,is it not sad that the companys best game was a rushed buggy mess at launch?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Yeah, I mean I only supported a UNIX environment from 2004-2007 (Solaris), I also started messing around with Linux in 1998 on Redhat at my highschool, and moved on to Fedora and Ubuntu around 2003 when I first started into IT.
    Give yourself a shiny.

It's not that I don't understand that people don't try to game on Linux, and there have been some gains in the past 10 years or so in that area... It's that really... no one gives a fuck what distro you are running, Linux has its place, but it's place is certainly not on gaming PCs. At all... It never has been and never will be, same with Mac OS.
    There's a lot of native games to Linux, and there's Wine. There's also Steam Play from Valve, yes Valve can see the benefit in using Linux.

So maybe you should watch your own edge there sport. Your comment was asinine because saying "bad news for linux and Mac OS" is ignoring the fact those 2 have never had good news when it comes to gaming, outside of WINE improvements.
    And don't @Me with Sony using unix based OS or whatever, it's a closed system. Worrying about Linux gaming on PCs is the same as worrying about PS4 games not working on PS4s that are running Windows or some other non-FreeBSD Sony OS.
    Bad news because of people like you "Windows good, Linux bad...oohh". It's people like you that fail to understand that M$ has created this monopoly for PC gaming and it's hurting the consumer, but go ahead and continue living in your bubble.
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ep.../1100-6442169/
    While not directly connected to the topic, the above link from 4 years ago gives you a glimpse into bad practises from your Windows overlords.
    At the end of the day, Linux is viable platform for gaming, Mac could be there if they implemented Vulkan without trying to bake it into their Metal but that's Apple being Apple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I think many people will agree that genocide can be justified.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    hahahahaah,thats what we said after every new bethesda game came out,and every time it was worse than the last(well besides new vegas,but that wasnt made by them,is it not sad that the companys best game was a rushed buggy mess at launch?)
    IDK. Dishonored, Doom, Prey, and Wolfenstein have had good runs.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    Give yourself a shiny.

There's a lot of native games to Linux, and there's Wine. There's also Steam Play from Valve, yes Valve can see the benefit in using Linux.

Bad news because of people like you "Windows good, Linux bad...oohh". It's people like you that fail to understand that M$ has created this monopoly for PC gaming and it's hurting the consumer, but go ahead and continue living in your bubble.
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ep.../1100-6442169/
    While not directly connected to the topic, the above link from 4 years ago gives you a glimpse into bad practises from your Windows overlords.
    At the end of the day, Linux is viable platform for gaming, Mac could be there if they implemented Vulkan without trying to bake it into their Metal but that's Apple being Apple.
    I'm sorry, but windows creating a "PC monopoly" is BS. Windows has been the primary platform for PC gaming for 30+ years now. You have to go back into the 80s and look at the Apple IIs to find differently.
    And you are basing this on a Gamespot article from 2016 from Tim Sweeney? Tim Sweeney of Epic Games? I'm not even going to bring up the forced exclusivity that Epic has basically introduced to PC gaming, just the practice of paying devs a projection of their first year's earnings is ugly enough. That's not competition.
    And the article itself is now 4 years old, where is the broken Steam? I'm not seeing it, what I am seeing is MS titles on the Steam store. Maybe that's what Tim Sweeney meant by breaking Steam.

And great, there are native games on Linux, there have been for some time. What's your point?

Let's look at Steam numbers, which is by far the most popular client if you are going to game on Linux. Linux makes up less than a percent of monthly active users.
    So within PC gaming, which is already skewed by being an enthusiast market, Linux makes up less than a percent. The numbers couldn't be more skewed in the favor of Linux users, Enthusiasts tend to make up the majority of Linux users, Steam is almost certainly loaded on most enthusiast PCs, all the Linux base could muster is 900k people, world wide. And that's for monthly active users, which means they logged in once this month. Historical data shows almost no movement either.

I also never pulled a "windows good, Linux bad" argument. I am and have been a Linux user for 20+ years now. I just don't bother using it for gaming. It's not as if Linux has a performance advantage either, mostly Linux games perform lower than Windows counter parts. It's not a knock on Linux, just the fact the games were built with the windows environment in mind.

MS isn't hurting Linux gaming, there really is no argument to be made that they are even limiting choice as you will still be able to use Wine even if MS told all their owned devs not to port to Linux. And we really don't know if that's going to happen either, unless there is some kind of MS mandate that says kill off Linux, a dev or 2 stopping development for Linux ports is more likely due to extremely small uptake numbers. But why would MS want to kill of the Linux market, it isn't growing, it's niche, and almost certainly the same people that own/use Linux are also PC owners. Linux isn't going to rise up and take market share, neither is Mac OS.

You made a baseless claim, and you got smacked down. Your opinion isn't well reasoned and you can't even draw a weak conclusion to support it, it's bordering on conspiracy. Even among the very small group of people who actively game on Linux, I think your opinion would be an extreme minority.
    Last edited by StillMcfuu; 2020-09-21 at 09:56 PM.

IDK. Dishonored, Doom, Prey, and Wolfenstein have had good runs.
    those were published by betheasda not developed

15+ Year Old Account
    IDK. Dishonored (Arkane Studios), Doom(id Software), Prey(Arkane Studios, again), and Wolfenstein (Machine Games) have had good runs.
    And none were made by Bethesda Game Studios. Curious.

Does this mean Microsofts quality is gunna drop or that Bethesdas will increase?

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Does this mean Microsofts quality is gunna drop or that Bethesdas will increase?
    After Fallout 76 you really think the quality can get worst?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm confused though. Does this mean future games from them will be Xbox/PC exclusive?

That would be fucking stupid.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    I also never pulled a "windows good, Linux bad" argument. I am and have been a Linux user for 20+ years now. I just don't bother using it for gaming. It's not as if Linux has a performance advantage either, mostly Linux games perform lower than Windows counter parts. It's not a knock on Linux, just the fact the games were built with the windows environment in mind.
    Entire paragraph can summarise your response but the bolded part is just pure gold and proves my point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I think many people will agree that genocide can be justified.

Hope they clean out the idiots that worked on Fallout recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    After Fallout 76 you really think the quality can get worst?
    To quote Ian Malcolm "life finds a way". BEsides Bethesda's quality doesn't have to get any worse it just has to stay the same and it would lower the quality of Microsoft.

Damn, what a fuckin pickup.

Also, holy shit that fuckin price. For context, that's nearly DOUBLE what Disney paid for Star Wars ($4B) and nearly 4x what Microsoft paid for Minecraft ($2B). That's fuckin insane.

Will be curious to see what this ends up meaning for their games. Are we gonna see fewer bugs in the proper Bethesda games finally? Will the MMO/online games still continue on their current path? Will id/Machine Games still stick with Doom/Wolfenstein? Lots of potentially cool and/or bad stuff, but either way, dayum.

Just a shame is comes so close to the next gen launch because they can't really capitalize off of the acquisition for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Damn, what a fuckin pickup.

Also, holy shit that fuckin price. For context, that's nearly DOUBLE what Disney paid for Star Wars ($4B) and nearly 4x what Microsoft paid for Minecraft ($2B). That's fuckin insane.

Will be curious to see what this ends up meaning for their games. Are we gonna see fewer bugs in the proper Bethesda games finally? Will the MMO/online games still continue on their current path? Will id/Machine Games still stick with Doom/Wolfenstein? Lots of potentially cool and/or bad stuff, but either way, dayum.

Just a shame is comes so close to the next gen launch because they can't really capitalize off of the acquisition for a while.
    Do you use Windows 10? They are quadrupling the amount of bugs!

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Fingers crossed they do some....restructuring. Out with Todd 'it just works' Howard! Tired of paying full price for Beta releases that the modding community have to fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Who's ready to pay a subscription to enjoy the entire game of TES 6? Sure its a solo game, but if Fallout 76 taught anyone anything its that once they have your money they have nothing to lose by demanding more.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Windows has been the go-to for YEARS. Linux is too niche and using a Mac gets you bullied in school.
    Ain't it pretty established now that Linux is more for server purposes, and not gaming?

I feel like microsoft would just be losing revenue from not selling game copies if they make it console exclusive. Microsoft doesn't make the money on the xbox console sale.